Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating/ cooking; Part 3.18415

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Burnt. 🔥
Post 926 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I would definitely try a slice of that Half Time Pizza. Not sure I would take a bite out of Pizza The Hut though.

Definitely. Tons of examples of bad pizza out there but hard to judge off a photo. Many of the very best pizzas will have char.
Post 927 IP   flag post
Some recent pizzas (two different styles):

Post 928 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Burnt. 🔥
It takes 45 minutes to cook because it’s so thick, call it whatever.
Post 929 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Burnt. 🔥

My top criterion for judging food is simple: is it enjoyable to eat?

So, was it enjoyable to eat?
Post 930 IP   flag post

"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
homemade pizza on the bbq is what's for dinner tonight.
Post 931 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Quote:
Quote:
Burnt. 🔥

My top criterion for judging food is simple: is it enjoyable to eat?

So, was it enjoyable to eat?
Its stellar. A slightly famous place that’s south of here closed 10 years ago or so. This place sprang up in town a couple years ago. We tried it and realized it was familiar. Turns out one of their employees made his version of it and opened this spot. By version, I mean the owner wouldn’t sell his sauce recipe when he retired. This guy recreates it to how he thinks it was made.
Post 932 IP   flag post

Post 933 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
2 different rubs?
Post 934 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
2 different rubs?
Yes, and two different injection marinades.
Post 935 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I dont think my brother has ever injected his meat. Do you find it helps with flavor and moistness?
Post 936 IP   flag post
Loin is lean, so I do it to those. A shoulder is fatty enough so there isn’t a need.
Post 937 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 938 IP   flag post
Would you like some spaghetti with your cheese? Lol
Post 939 IP   flag post
@flanders Is that canned sprinkle cheese? I'm surprised you didn't grate your Parmesan off of a block.
Post 940 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson it sure is. I'm supposed to eat healthier but oh well.
Post 941 IP   flag post
Sometimes you gotta say screw it. Is life worth living if you have no joy left....
Post 942 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@DrWatson it sure is. I'm supposed to eat healthier but oh well.

Moderation, my friend. Moderation.
Post 943 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
At a restaurant, waited two hours, two beers and they lost our ticket, how about that 🤪
Post 944 IP   flag post
@southerncross On the house?
Post 945 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Two main meals and one beer, got here at 6.30 it's 8.41 Washington time west coast
Post 946 IP   flag post
Had to pay for two beers and one soda pop.
Post 947 IP   flag post
I have the worse karma for food service here in the states. My mother in-law and friends never believe me until they go out to dinner with me. My mother-in-law realized it the first time when we popped into a fast food restaurant and got takeaway. I asked her to check the order and you guessed it they forgot my order.

My wife wondered what it would be like at Disney California as we were staying at a Disney hotel and we're going to eat at the restaurants in the promenade at the park.

On two nights the service was neutral.

One night it was at a creole restaurant and the mad mouse had on the infinity gauntlet and was using the infinity gems.
We had fantastic service and food, They even had coffee nudges on the menu. In New York they have no idea what a coffee nudge is.

To offset the bad karma at Disneyland the table to the left of us had the worst service. At one point the manager spoke to a gentleman in a suit and told him to dryclean the suit and send the restaurant the bill. The table to the right had a mom and dad and two kids. They had the worse service and they mixed up their meals.

Another night in Disneyland my wife and I had dinner at a Mexican restaurant. It was busy but we got a table inside two minutes. Not just a table but a large semicircle booth that could sit 8 people easily. There we sat having great service while people were standing, drinking and giving us angry stares as they waited a long time for tables.

And the biggest irony is I always tip even though I'm from a country where you don't tip at restaurants. I tip between 20-30% even when the service is shjt. That's the big irony of my bad karma at restaurants.

It's so bad regularly that I've thought of wearing go pros as I'd have tons of content. Of course once I did that I'd get the perfect service.

Ever heard of a Mexican restaurant that gives out free corn chips and dip to all but forget about one table doing that, that's me.

Ordering drinks and drinking said drinks then after 45 minutes going up to the bar and ordering drinks and pointing to the table and saying charge that table. That's me.

I originally come from Australia where you don't tip and you order your drinks at the bar even when dinning at the restaurant and paying for alcohol as you go. And most times ordering your meal at the bar and taking a number to sit it in your table.

Bit tonight, ordered food and one round of drinks. A hour and a half later I get up to order more drinks at the bar. To later find out that the ticket was lost and I've got the manager coming over to me two times to get our meals.

Maybe I'm too nice.
Maybe I need to be a Karen and start complaining when it's been a hour since my order. Don't know 🤪
Post 948 IP   flag post
Another homemade chocolate chip pecan pie.

Post 949 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Spent the morning in Mystic, CT today with my wife. Then we went to Costello’s Clam Shack (Noank, CT) for lunch. Great view, great seafood, and the calamari was perfect! Lightly battered, not over-fried, super tender, and served with banana peppers plus marinara sauce for dipping (and the best part, you get tentacles, not just squid rings).

The view:

The food:

The tentacles:

Post 950 IP   flag post
Corn and banana peppers...

Otherwise, it all looks good.
Post 951 IP   flag post

Post 952 IP   flag post
Quote:

stewed coyote?
Post 953 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

stewed coyote?

Roadrunner.
Post 954 IP   flag post
Sloppy Joe sliders on Hawaiian rolls

Post 955 IP   flag post
615416 999 30