Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating/ cooking; Part 3.18415

I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Seriously though, if you’re ever in the northwest Ohio area check out Tony Packos. It’s a home grown spot (or 5 now), that Klinger may have mentioned on MASH a couple times.

Chicken paprikas

And besides some good fries, straight up cabbage…….

Post 876 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
That looks evil.

Post 877 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
That’s the long standing joke even locally. Truth is, I’ve never even got a little bit of heart burn.
Post 878 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
It’s a home grown spot (or 5 now), that Klinger may have mentioned on MASH a couple times.

Speaking of MASH, I got this in an email earlier today.

And to make this post relevant, this is a typical meal for me.

Post 879 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O

Is that Tuna or chicken?
Post 880 IP   flag post

-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Jesse_O

Is that Tuna or chicken?

You are close. It's turkey.

Edit - it was pork loin roast. I just looked it up.
Post 881 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I guess I should be grateful that I can identify my foods without having to look them up.
Post 882 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Quote:
I guess I should be grateful that I can identify my foods without having to look them up.

LOL!!!

I live vicariously through the pictures posted here. 🥩🦀🦞🦐 😅
Post 883 IP   flag post
Yeah, decent home cooked meals have been few and far between for me, too.

These pictures on the forum are as good as they get for the time being. Granted it's really hard to have crappy pizza unless you order dominoes....
Post 884 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Yesterday’s chili…

Today’s chili dogs.

DISCLAIMER: this is my three-bean chili; definitely not Texas-style (I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. I usually use pinto, red kidney, and cannellini (white beans). I also used a bottle of salsa from Trader Joes (ironically called Cowboy Caviar) that had some corn in it. You should try it.
Post 885 IP   flag post
I thought Texans dintvuse beans in chili?

Lol
Post 886 IP   flag post
I'd have to pick the corn kernels out.
Post 887 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I thought Texans dintvuse beans in chili?

Lol

Ed's not a Texan. He's an East Coast dude.
Post 888 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia

Your absolutely right.

For some reason I thought you posted it.

I need to have my eyes checked
Post 889 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@EbayMafia

Your absolutely right.

For some reason I thought you posted it.

I need to have my eyes checked

@Ebaymafia is from California I believe.
Post 890 IP   flag post
@GAC

I think he relocated to Texas
Post 891 IP   flag post
Quote:
@GAC

Well, yes, that would make him a Texan then.
Post 892 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
@GAC

Well, yes, that would make him a Texan then.

I'm now a card-carrying semi-rural Texan. I love the skies out here. Day and night, it's like an incredible painting that's changing all the time. I make it a point to go outside almost every night after dark just to check out the night skies. Unfortunately, during the day you need to look at the skies from behind a closed window that keeps the air conditioning in.
Post 893 IP   flag post
Have you considered a cheap telescope?
Post 894 IP   flag post
Quote:

I had not, but now you've planted a seed that will probably grow. I was reading somewhere that in the thousands of years before artificial light, stargazing and star-mapping was a fairly popular nighttime entertainment activity.
Post 895 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

I had not, but now you've planted a seed that will probably grow. I was reading somewhere that in the thousands of years before artificial light, stargazing and star-mapping was a fairly popular nighttime entertainment activity.

But more importantly....do Texans put beans in the chili?
Post 896 IP   flag post
I took astronomy in college for 1 class. They had a parking garage and the school was located on a bird sanctuary. Very little light pollution from what I was told. It was pretty damn awesome when you could look at the moon and all the features it posseses. However, it did get old after a few minutes waiting your turn.

Looking on ebay, they have units that can attach your phone for under 150$. You should be able to get some nice pics of moon and possibly other celestial objects that are close by.
Post 897 IP   flag post
@GAC

Post 898 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:

But more importantly....do Texans put beans in the chili?

Oh hell no. At least not on their hot dog chili.
Post 899 IP   flag post
@Bronte @EbayMafia Wow! I never knew that...everywhere else (it seems) beans are a main ingredient in chili.....I really like chili....maybe I'll need to look for a Texas chili recipe.
Post 900 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I've lived in Texas for 15 years and w/wo beans is fine with me, but no corn.
Post 901 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
I've lived in Texas for 15 years and w/wo beans is fine with me, but no corn.

I agree. Absolutely positively no corn.
Post 902 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@Bronte @EbayMafia Wow! I never knew that...everywhere else (it seems) beans are a main ingredient in chili.....I really like chili....maybe I'll need to look for a Texas chili recipe.

With Beans, chili is more like a meal in itself. Without beans (or large chunks of ground/chopped beef) it's more like an accompaniment. You might put it on hot dogs, hamburgers, or even an omelet.
Post 903 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

With Beans, chili is more like a meal in itself. Without beans (or large chunks of ground/chopped beef) it's more like an accompaniment. You might put it on hot dogs, hamburgers, or even an omelet.

Or even on top of a huge pile of spaghetti.

...with grated cheese.
Post 904 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Disclaimer for chili added.
Post 905 IP   flag post
615416 999 30