Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating/ cooking; Part 3.18415

I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve heard air fryer is your derelict uncle. I probably should replace my toaster oven with one.
Post 826 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad

I heard the toaster over type sir fryers aren't as effective as basket. I have basket and they are cheap and a great tool for kitchen. Even my weirdo brother who won't use a microwave unless you force him will use air fryer
Post 827 IP   flag post
This is what I don’t understand. The one my cousin used to use looked like a big rice cooker and it needed a tablespoon of oil. I have other people telling me it looks like a toaster oven and doesn’t need oil.
Post 828 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
This is what I don’t understand. The one my cousin used to use looked like a big rice cooker and it needed a tablespoon of oil. I have other people telling me it looks like a toaster oven and doesn’t need oil.

I have one of each. The basket/rice cooker one is better. BUT for some things you absolutely should add oil. Just requires less oil. Of course, if properly deep frying (right temp and prep) not a big difference in oil absorption anyways.

Not so much a deep fry replacement as it is a very compact and efficient convection oven.
Post 829 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
In theory if there is a bit of oil on the item it will crisp up like a fried chicken or other fried food. It doesn't require full submersion. Personally I've only reheated items. I've never actually cooked something from scratch. Reheating is awesome for fried foods and even pizza. With pizza no oil is needed.
Post 830 IP   flag post

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexMuff
Best beef jerky ever, besides my Dad’s.

@HeinzDad's beef jerky is like a love letter to the cow.
Post 831 IP   flag post
Quote:
I’ve heard air fryer is your derelict uncle. I probably should replace my toaster oven with one.

I had the basket fryer and loved it, was able to crack the code pretty quickly. Once you figured out time and temperature for an item, it was pretty easy to use common sense to extrapolate settings for other items.
Wanted to save space so we consolidated to a toaster oven/air fryer combo. Use it a lot as a toaster oven, haven't really been able to get comfortable using it as an air fryer.
Post 832 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Spicy Baked Beans. Gas mask not included.

Post 833 IP   flag post
Only beans for dinner fella?
Post 834 IP   flag post
There is sausage and three different kinds of beans in there.
Post 835 IP   flag post
The Oregon trail beckons amigo.
Post 836 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad
Dysentery?
Post 837 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@HeinzDad
Dysentery?
Alone on the plains dude. Cowboys eat beans by the fire. I guess I coulda gone with @Box car Watson?
Post 838 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@HeinzDad
Dysentery?

No doubt a night of uncontrollable flatulence would be much more enjoyable, and less painful or life threatening.
Post 839 IP   flag post
Beans don't really gas me up.
Post 840 IP   flag post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.knowyourmeme.com/memes/you-have-died-of-dysentery

You Have Died of Dysentery" is a video game reference to a message commonly encountered in Oregon Trail, an educational computer game that was developed and distributed through public schools in the 1980s and 1990s. Due to the frequent appearance of the quote during gameplay, the phrase has since become a classic catchphrase used by old school video game fans on the web.
Post 841 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Beans don't really gas me up.
I second that.
Post 842 IP   flag post
Cheese burger, onion rings, and slaw.

Post 843 IP   flag post
Im fixin to take on this hub cap deli sandwich on sourdough.

Truth be told, I’ll eat half.
Post 844 IP   flag post
Quote:

If that's a Schlotzkys, you need to drown it in their hot sauce.
Post 845 IP   flag post
If you haven't encountered Birria yet, you probably will soon. I saw some at Costco recently. I've had the Birria tacos, but first time I came across a Birria Burrito. The raw onions and cilantro are a pretty important part of the overall taste:

Post 846 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

If that's a Schlotzkys, you need to drown it in their hot sauce.
it is but I’m unaware of the hot sauce. Haven’t had it in 20 years. It’s hard for me to understand how the only one in town has remained open.
Post 847 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia

Is it in refrigerator section? Like meatloaf?
Post 848 IP   flag post
The brown mole?
Post 849 IP   flag post
@Bronte @HeinzDad I'm spelling it wrong, it's Birria

(google image, not my hand)
Post 850 IP   flag post
Quote:
it is but I’m unaware of the hot sauce

Post 851 IP   flag post
Collector steveinthecity private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Chocolate peanut butter oatmeal coconut no bake drop cookies:

These are by far my favorite homemade cookie, but never thought to include coconut. I’ll have to give that a try. I thought it might be interesting to try crushed pretzel bits, or nuts, too.
Post 852 IP   flag post
@steveinthecity I bet pretzel pieces would be very good. I make mine with crunchy peanut butter for the little pieces of nuts in there.
Post 853 IP   flag post
Collector steveinthecity private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@steveinthecity I bet pretzel pieces would be very good. I make mine with crunchy peanut butter for the little pieces of nuts in there.
Good idea!
Post 854 IP   flag post
New place opened down the street combining mostly Japanese and Chinese cuisine. I'm in food heaven. Next best thing to @Davethebrave's kitchen. Starting to have fantasies of my kids working there so I can get discounts. Even having some thoughts of taking a second job there. The Dragon and Phoenix combines two of my favorites...General Tsao's chicken and Walnut Shrimp.

Post 855 IP   flag post
615416 999 30