Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
@DrWatson, are you a REESES guy, or a REECY guy????

It's a Reese's peanut butter cup and Reecy's pieces.
Well shoot, I thought I was weird because I'm at Reecy cup, and Reeses pieces.

I was simply going to do a Ritz on bottom, with a Reese's pb cup (thin) middle, and a Ritz on top. No pieces.

No Reese's pieces were involved in the consumable.
Post 776 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
tomorrow.

Well?
Post 777 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
tomorrow.

Well?

I'll post my findings later this evening from work. I have access to thousands of Reese's and Ritz.
Post 778 IP   flag post
Thousands, eh? Wow, you must work in paradise.
Post 779 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Last night was Caribbean Jerk marinated chicken thighs with veggies and uncle Ben long grain.

Post 780 IP   flag post

I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
tomorrow.

Well?

I'll post my findings later this evening from work. I have access to thousands of Reese's and Ritz.

I forgot.
Post 781 IP   flag post
So, apparently you work at the Willy Wonka factory for Reese's and Ritz and you forgot?
Post 782 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
A sale at the Grocery Store inspired another couple of Pork Tenderloins. The first one was marinated in a simple combination of soy sauce and sesame oil, then a bit more sesame oil after baking. Has a nice subtle smokey flavor that is very versatile and can be used in a lot of ways. The second one is marinating in a jar of Basil Pesto that I came across in the refrigerator. I have no idea how that one will turn out. Bob's your uncle.

Post 783 IP   flag post
Quote:
So, apparently you work at the Willy Wonka factory for Reese's and Ritz and you forgot?

Okay, I tried it first thing when I got to work this morning. Pretty tasty, with a cup of black coffee.
Post 784 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
An aperitif (Aperol Spritz) followed by shrimp quinoa with a garlic lemon herb sauce, black beans and corn.

Post 785 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
An aperitif (Aperol Spritz) followed by shrimp quinoa with a garlic lemon herb sauce, black beans and corn.

I was with you until the black beans and corn. I'm trying to wrap my head around the texture combination of shrimp, corn and black beans. I'm sure it's good, but it seems like those two would be an odd texture mix with shrimp.
Post 786 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave

I was with you until the black beans and corn. I'm trying to wrap my head around the texture combination of shrimp, corn and black beans. I'm sure it's good, but it seems like those two would be an odd texture mix with shrimp.

They go really well together. While I enjoy pushing the envelope with some combinations this isn’t one of them. It is actually pretty common.

The part I was actually less certain of was quinoa as the base. Normally I would use rice, but it held up well - just important to get the timing of it all correct.
Post 787 IP   flag post
Phase one of the Tenderloin experience was consumed with rice and broccoli. On to phase two, the Basil and Pesto spread marinade attempt. The piece I sampled was pretty good, not quite as pronounced a flavor as I was hoping for. Made a side of Collard Greens (cheap can from Ollie's) with vinegar and garlic. Also some Rigatoni with olive oil, pepper, truffle seasoning and white wine/butter seasoning. Starting to realize that I almost never actually cook when I'm hungry or for immediate consumption. It all typically goes into the refrigerator for easy meals later:

Post 788 IP   flag post
I have a steak marinating for ramen later. Soy sauce, sesame oil, pure ground ginger, Laotian hot sauce, fresh garlic. Bobs your uncle, .

Post 789 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

I usually go with sunny side up for these and regret my decision to try scrambled this time.
Post 790 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
I usually go with sunny side up for these and regret my decision to try scrambled this time.

Agreed, SSU or over-medium...and with the cheese underneath so it melts between the egg and the warm english muffin.
Post 791 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders

Agreed, SSU or over-medium...and with the cheese underneath so it melts between the egg and the warm english muffin.

For the eggs you can also break the yolk to incorporate and cook further to over-well.

For any version, the key is timing and placing the cheese -on- the egg in the pan, ideally covering for a bit. This will make sure it’s properly melted. I say key is timing because if you leave that step too late/early you likely won’t get the eggs cooked as you want.
Post 792 IP   flag post
Quote:
I’m going to add Planting/Growing to Eating/Cooking.

Got my garden and beds all planted today.

I have a few spots left because we ran short on plants but I’ll have those in in a few days.
one month check in.

Post 793 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
#chlorophyll
Post 794 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad

The guy to know if the world goes to hell and we have to figure out how to survive without modern stuff
Post 795 IP   flag post
I mean, I can show you fella’s how to clean a fish tomorrow.
Post 796 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad

That would require touching it right? Lol
Post 797 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

Had a great time today at Road America in Wisconsin. This year my son came with me. We cooked up some Johnsonville Bratwursts with peppers,onions and jalepenos. It was delicious.
Post 798 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Tried growing radishes for the first time. They did pretty well.

Made some cucumber radish salad with em to go with this other stuff

Happy Father’s Day folks
Post 799 IP   flag post
I had half a smoked pork loin in the freezer. We tried Cuban sammiches.

Post 800 IP   flag post
Chocolate peanut butter oatmeal coconut no bake drop cookies:

Post 801 IP   flag post
Chicken tacos, which look suspiciously like a smaller version of chicken fajitas.

Post 802 IP   flag post
Quote:
I had half a smoked pork loin in the freezer. We tried Cuban sammiches.

I'd be more interested in the tater skins.
Post 803 IP   flag post
Quote:
Chicken tacos, which look suspiciously like a smaller version of chicken fajitas.

Shrimp tacos

Post 804 IP   flag post
What's the side dish?
Post 805 IP   flag post
598010 999 30