Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating/ cooking; Part 3.18415

Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

S’mores brownie I brought back from Muffins and Scones in Avon, NC. It’s delicious and will get another next year if they have them haha.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Canned some Beef Stew last week in two pound jars. The way it's going, you guys better be canning food too. Beef, Chicken, Hamburger meat, Beans, Fruits etc. No refrigeration required, and last years and years. Specially since the cost of meat is going up and future supply shortages.

Post 52 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra

S’mores brownie I brought back from Muffins and Scones in Avon, NC. It’s delicious and will get another next year if they have them haha.

Looks tasty, but I abhor marshmallows.
Post 53 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth

So the stew gets cooked when you can it?

Edit

I've never canned food before.
Post 54 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
It was my wife’s birthday on Saturday, so I made her a cake. I don’t think I should quit my day job.

Post 55 IP   flag post

@Bronte Yep. It cooks at the correct pressure for 90 minutes. So once it's done, it's like being in a slow cooker all day. Plus, being that it's pressurized, it makes the temp higher with no oxygen. Proper canning removes oxygen, destroys enzymes, and prevents the growth of undesirable bacteria, yeasts, and molds.

If you interested into getting into it, here's a link for information:
https://blogs.cdc.gov/publichealthmatters/2021/07/home-canning/

If you want to start canning this site is great:
https://nchfp.uga.edu/how/can5_meat.html#gsc.tab=0

I also "browned" the other 6 jars I made by putting the beef in a huge pot with oil and just browning it first then placing it in the jars.
Post 56 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth
Thank you for taking the time to share. It's interesting. I've only seen one other person can stuff, but it was strawberry preserves.
Post 57 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
It was my wife’s birthday on Saturday, so I made her a cake. I don’t think I should quit my day job.

Forget the appearance. It's all in the taste, bro.
Post 58 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

All you need is a second layer of icing and you'd be Ed Stewart.
Post 59 IP   flag post
I prefer cake over the icing. If icing, it's going to be a very thin layer.
Post 60 IP   flag post
I hate icing. If I make it, it's a whipped cream frosting usually for a coconut cake. When I worked at the high school and had to bring something in, I made boxed brownies and then poured a batch of Coca-Cola cake icing over the top of them while they were still warm. The old biddies thought they were great.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I was given a whole bag of various peppers. How hard is it to make salsa sauce? Any good recipes?
Post 62 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
I was given a whole bag of various peppers. How hard is it to make salsa sauce? Any good recipes?

Not aware of any, but post a photo of yourself if you happen to mistakenly rub your eyes after cutting those peppers up. It's unfortunately happened to me multiple times.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:

Not aware of any, but post a photo of yourself if you happen to mistakenly rub your eyes after cutting those peppers up. It's unfortunately happened to me multiple times.

The only thing worse than touching your eyes is touching your willy. Hot pepper willy burn is real. 🍆 🌶 We do not need a picture of that.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:

The only thing worse than touching your eyes is touching your willy. Hot pepper willy burn is real. 🍆 🌶 We do not need a picture of that.

Yeah, a habanero laced willy can be somewhat unpleasant.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Fine dining.

Pépites de poulet et brocoli.

Post 66 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Fine dining.

Pépites de poulet et brocoli.

Are those the dino shaped chicken nuggets that are infused with vegetables? My kid likes those.
Or are those actually homemade and just look cool?

Woops wrong brand (previous picture was Tyson). He likes the Perdue brand.

Post 67 IP   flag post
No vegetables. Just chicken. Hence the broccoli.
Post 68 IP   flag post
They're out of the bag frozen fixed in the convection oven so they're crunchy.

Mom does best with food she can easily pick up.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips, hot sauce/salsa is pretty easy. I like to smoke my peppers, but u can just roast em. Into a processor with garlic, salt, black pepper, and some mango or peaches. Then just add vinegar to u have the consistency u want. Viola. Keep it in the fridge and it’ll last quite a while
Post 70 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth Yep, pretty sure that's them. Better than a lot of fast food places and less expensive.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@RexMuff Thanks for the advice.
I was given, jalapenos, habaneros,red chili peppers and ghost peppers. I know that I have to be very careful with the ghost peppers and use them with caution.
Post 72 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips

https://www.aspicyperspective.com/best-homemade-salsa-recipe/

This has over 300 positive reviews. Although I've never made it. I'm sure you can add your peppers instead of jalapeños
Post 73 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips, I usually just dice whatever amount I want to go with whatever amount of tomatoes I want, plus a few more ingredients.

That being said, the hottest pepper I use in the "market fresh" stuff is jalapeño. If you are gonna use habanero, ghost, or scorpion peppers you gotta follow @RexMuff's plan. That'll knock a little stank off em at least.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Forgot to mention honey. I use Carolina Reapers, so that also helps tame it
Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexMuff
Forgot to mention honey. I use Carolina Reapers, so that also helps tame it
I usually add sugar but I should try honey. I quite using sugar cubes in my sun tea for honey. I guess I should in salsa as well.....
Post 76 IP   flag post
Unknown if traeger can sear but this deal just posted. I've never seen their pellet smokers this cheap before.

Walmart

Post 77 IP   flag post
Sour cream potatoes with melted cheese.

Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Unknown if traeger can sear but this deal just posted. I've never seen their pellet smokers this cheap before.

Walmart

Dang. I’m starting to question my morality issues with Wal mart.

Edit: I just messaged my KC homey. If I can smoke a pork shoulder in this, morals be damned.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Smoking a shoulder in this shouldn't be an issue. Searing a steak might be though.

Just remember if you get it don't skimp out and buy cheapest pellets available. I hear they clump and cause headaches.....
Post 80 IP   flag post
600818 999 30