Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating/ cooking; Part 3.18415

Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Bison chili.
Post 626 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I am imagining a ceramic pie plate (raised edges) of boiled linguini with the above bison chili dumped on top. Then dust the top with shredded cheese(s) of your choice.
Place in preheated oven (350F) for about 7 minutes.
Post 627 IP   flag post

Pepperoni, sausage, banana peppers. Mom and pops pizza shops are the best.
Post 628 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Yay Costco!

Post 629 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Lemon pepper rotisserie chicken, spaghetti, and steamed broccoli.
Post 630 IP   flag post

Post 631 IP   flag post

Post 632 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
This was breakfast:

Looks delicious but one or two pancakes is my max.

Post 633 IP   flag post
That dude always makes me laugh!
Post 634 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
This was breakfast:

Looks delicious but one or two pancakes is my max.

Most pancakes are not great (or frankly awful). Bland, wrong texture. Under or overcooked. Diners/greasy spoons, fancy spots… makes no difference. High volume pancakes or from the box … bad stuff.

I could easily devour a stack of 10 of our Sunday pancakes. I can no longer work off 3,000 calorie breakfasts, unfortunately. So instead I limit myself to just a few…
Post 635 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 636 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
user
provide me a pancake recipe that mitch hedberg would like

ChatGPT
Sure, here's a recipe for fluffy buttermilk pancakes that I think Mitch Hedberg would appreciate:

Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted

Instructions:

1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.

2. In a separate bowl, beat the buttermilk, egg, and melted butter together.

3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. It's okay if there are some lumps.

4. Heat a non-stick griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Spoon batter onto the griddle, using about 1/4 cup for each pancake.

5. Cook until bubbles form on the surface of the pancake and the edges start to look dry, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes on the other side.

6. Serve hot with your favorite toppings, such as butter and maple syrup.

I think Mitch would appreciate the simplicity of this recipe and the classic flavor of buttermilk pancakes. He might even have a joke about how pancakes are like frisbees that you can eat. Enjoy!

user
even though he gets sick of them?

ChatGPT
Ah, I see what you mean. Mitch Hedberg was known for his dry and offbeat humor, and he often made jokes about getting tired of things easily. In that case, here's a slightly different take on the classic pancake recipe that Mitch might appreciate:

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1 egg
3 tablespoons melted butter
A pinch of cinnamon
A handful of chocolate chips or blueberries (optional)
Instructions:

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cinnamon.

In a separate bowl, beat the buttermilk, egg, and melted butter together.

Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Again, it's okay if there are some lumps.

Fold in a handful of chocolate chips or blueberries, if desired.

Heat a non-stick griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Spoon batter onto the griddle, using about 1/4 cup for each pancake.

Cook until bubbles form on the surface of the pancake and the edges start to look dry, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes on the other side.

Serve hot with a dollop of whipped cream or a drizzle of chocolate sauce, and make a joke about how you'll probably be sick of pancakes again tomorrow.

I hope this variation on the classic pancake recipe would have made Mitch chuckle. Enjoy!

User
I hope so too, or you'll be dishonoring Mtich's memory

ChatGPT
I completely understand and agree. Mitch Hedberg was a unique and talented comedian, and it's important to honor his memory by keeping his humor alive. I hope this recipe would have made him smile, and that it brings joy and laughter to anyone who tries it.

I'm about to give these a try with a bit less salt. We'll see if I still get sick of em after two .
Post 637 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
The best pancake recipe. Honed over years of practice.

Dry

1 cup AP flour (White Lily works best)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tbs. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda

Wet

3/4 cup milk (I use skim milk)
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/8 cup light oil (vegetable)
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Combine the dry ingredients.

Combine the wet ingredient.

Mix the two together and wait a few minutes for the baking powder to activate and puff up the batter.

Drop about 1/4 cup for each pancake onto an electric griddle set +/- 350°F.

Wait for the bubbles to form on the surface of the pancake and the edges to look a little dry and then flip.

Usually makes about six pancakes. Excess flipping will make them tough.
Post 638 IP   flag post

Post 639 IP   flag post
Simple spicy garlic sauce with shrimp. Shaoxing wine, soy, garlic, chili flakes and honey.

Post 640 IP   flag post
Squash casserole.

Post 641 IP   flag post
@DrWatson it looks kind of like apple pie or scrambled eggs with toasted crumbs on top. It's not the most appealing looking dish but I'm sure it tastes good.
Post 642 IP   flag post
Well, it's squash. That's crushed and buttered Ritz crackers with some shredded parmesan cheese added for good measure.
Post 643 IP   flag post
Maybe this chocolate chip pecan pie looks better.

Post 644 IP   flag post
@DrWatson I don't care much for pecan pie at all, but with chocolate chips I'd sure give it an honest try.
Post 645 IP   flag post
@DrWatson I’d eat the hell out of that.

Edit: the squash and the pie.
Post 646 IP   flag post
@drwatson May I ask what type of squash? I may try my hand at that.
Post 647 IP   flag post
Yellow squash. The recipe is here.
Post 648 IP   flag post
@DrWatson Thank you sir.
Post 649 IP   flag post
It's one the better ones I have used. I didn't even changed any of the ingredients with the exception that I used 1/2 tsp ground thyme instead of the two teaspoons of fresh chopped thyme simply because I didn't have fresh.
Post 650 IP   flag post

Post 651 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Its 26c/78f in the capital of the great white north....bbqing my first prime rib in my Kamado Joe....fingers crossed all turns out ok.

Post 652 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
My wife wanted to try something different, so she made cheesy grits with shrimp. Very tasty!

Post 653 IP   flag post
The best mac n cheese:

Post 654 IP   flag post
Mac n cheese, scallops and filet mignon:

Post 655 IP   flag post
598012 999 30