Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating/ cooking; Part 3.18415

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad that mac & cheese has me drooling. I haven't eaten that in years. Maybe I can find a lower salt recipe.
Post 576 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
A simple recipe uses American cheese some milk and the noodles. No real salt added cept for the water to keep from sticking.
Post 577 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
No real salt added cept for the water to keep from sticking.

Actually, the purpose of adding salt to water is to raise the boiling point. Water with salt in it reaches boiling point at a higher temperature and reduces the time needed to boil something. The higher the altitude, the more important it becomes as water boils at lower temperatures in higher altitudes. All of this is meaningful only because water stops increasing in temperature once it starts boiling.

-My high school science teacher
Post 578 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I bought my buddy, an Italian lady, some gourmet pasta. Aside frim the change in pasta, the recipe was the same. The family said it was the best pasta dish she ever made.

Monograno is the pasta brand. The you tube video on tbe plant is crazy.
Post 579 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
No real salt added cept for the water to keep from sticking.

Actually, the purpose of adding salt to water is to raise the boiling point. Water with salt in it reaches boiling point at a higher temperature and reduces the time needed to boil something. The higher the altitude, the more important it becomes as water boils at lower temperatures in higher altitudes. All of this is meaningful only because water stops increasing in temperature once it starts boiling.

-My high school science teacher

That and to season the pasta.
Post 580 IP   flag post

CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson’s cornbread strikes again. I left er brown more on the top this one fella.

Post 581 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Mmm nom nom. Will be ready in about 3.5 more hours.
Post 582 IP   flag post
Fungus added.
Post 583 IP   flag post
Found a new seasoning to put on noodles with Olive Oil...White Wine Garlic Butter. It joins the Truffle seasoning with parm and black garlic as one of my favorites for the noodle/olive oil combo:

Post 584 IP   flag post
Orange poppy seed for a change of pace.

Post 585 IP   flag post
@drwatson any good pistachio muffin recipes?
Post 586 IP   flag post
Got new neighbors last week. They wanted to warn us that they might get loud in the back yard so they brought over some peace offerings from the grill along with some homemade beans and salsa. I added some sour cream and store-bought guacamole. It's as good as any burrito I've ever had.

Post 587 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
@drwatson any good pistachio muffin recipes?

No, I haven't really baked with pistachios.
Post 588 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Had some GREAT stuff in Key West, and actually got some pics before we devoured it.

KILLER Tuna Ceviche at a place called Santiago’s Bodega

Fresh, locally caught Red Snapper and Deviled Eggs with Seared Scallops from The Red Shoe Bistro.
Post 589 IP   flag post
@RexMuff looks amazing.
Post 590 IP   flag post

Post 591 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad that's making me want to eat again tonight.
Post 592 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Cheezeborgers

Post 593 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Yeah I'm in New Orleans ATM and I'm chockers full with food!
Post 594 IP   flag post
@southerncross if you're interested in renting bikes while you're there, you can head here and tell him Flanders sent ya. I don't know if he'd give you a discount but who knows.

http://alexsbikes.com/
Post 595 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

@HeinzDad Thank You Brian.
The smoked fish is fantastic. I had a stressful week and I am now home from work. I am enjoying the delicious fish, a tasty IPA while watching Smackdown on Fox. I can finally relax.
Post 596 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders Thanks, we have a car. We did the hop on hop off red bus today to get around which was fantastic. I'm just in gastro heaven here, I heard about this city and I'm not disappointed.
Post 597 IP   flag post

lobster roll I had for lunch at The Eagle’s Nest in Brewer Maine. Fantastic.
Post 598 IP   flag post

Still in New Orleans.
Post 599 IP   flag post
@southerncross Have you tried the alligator tail? It's really good.
Post 600 IP   flag post

Post 601 IP   flag post
A roaring success.

Post 602 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
@southerncross Have you tried the alligator tail? It's really good.
tried alligator while I was there. So much food to eat. I need a vacation away from eating.
Post 603 IP   flag post

Was opening night for hometown MiLB team Altoona Curve. Love ballpark food on opening day.
Post 604 IP   flag post
Homemade Mac & Cheese

Post 605 IP   flag post
601509 999 30