Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating/ cooking; Part 3.18415

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Dessert: chocolate chip oatmeal brownie a la mode.

Post 476 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Are y’all afraid to let your cornbread brown on top or somethin'?
tooth pick test comes out clean dude.

Edit. Man, I thought making it in the smoker would impress you.
Post 477 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Did the smoker make it taste different?
Post 478 IP   flag post
I haven’t tried it yet. I fretting over smoker rd 2.
Post 479 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Are y’all afraid to let your cornbread brown on top or somethin'?
tooth pick test comes out clean dude.

Edit. Man, I thought making it in the smoker would impress you.

I am impressed. I just don't like smoked food except pulled pork.
Post 480 IP   flag post

Meant your cornbread. It took 2 minutes longer in the smoker than the oven. Nothing ever sticks and the bottom is brown. Should I leave it in a smidge longer? It’s in a 10 so it’s thin.
Post 481 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Personally it might look nicer if it's browned, but if the toothpick came out clean it's fine and the chances of having it dried out from being over cooked is non existing.
Post 482 IP   flag post
Round 2.

Post 483 IP   flag post
Quote:
Meant your cornbread. It took 2 minutes longer in the smoker than the oven. Nothing ever sticks and the bottom is brown. Should I leave it in a smidge longer? It’s in a 10 so it’s thin.

I don't know nothin' 'bout bakin' in a smoker.
Post 484 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Helena Bakery in Santa Barbara - banana bread topped with peanut butter, sliced bananas, pepper bacon, and honey - aka the Elvis.
Post 485 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
These didn’t last long. Made some shrimp as well to go with fettuccine with fresh (indoor) garden herbs, garlic and white wine sauce.

Post 486 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Carrot Mushroom loaf - well....bake?? not loaf shaped... it's in a 9x13 pan

this is a freeze meal - I usually top with shredded cheddar to serve - will probably make a 2nd one later this week?
No one else in the house will eat it but I love it and it is easy to take to work or in a pinch for a meal -thaws quick!!
Post 487 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

this is a freeze meal - I usually top with shredded cheddar to serve - will probably make a 2nd one later this week?
No one else in the house will eat it but I love it and it is easy to take to work or in a pinch for a meal -thaws quick!!

That sounds crazy enough to try. Bugs Bunny and Fantasia together at last!
Post 488 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Quote:

I wonder why no one else in the house will eat it?
Post 489 IP   flag post
@doog @HeinzDad

lol..no really it's good!!

Onions, Mushrooms with thyme, basil and dill - shredded carrot, cheddar with bread crumbs and a couple eggs - incredibly tasty!!

no one else will eat it cause they suck!!!
I was raised vegetarian until I was 6 or 7 -my wife was raied british so no veg or falvour in her diet..sadly my son has fallen into that diet too - despite years of trying to bring him over to flavou country!! no mustard, ketchup or other condiments ever on any of their burgers or dogs for instance - they will accept cheese and lettuce -no tomatoes though!!
Post 490 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Helena Bakery in Santa Barbara - banana bread topped with peanut butter, sliced bananas, pepper bacon, and honey - aka the Elvis.

I have a variation - just bread and with avocado instead of banana -it's amazing!
Post 491 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Quote:

I wonder why no one else in the house will eat it?

Because it's carrot mushroom loaf. Not even ketchup/catsup can fix that.
Post 492 IP   flag post
I apparently suck.
Post 493 IP   flag post
I have friends like that but not relatives.

It takes one helluva a burger to stand alone … and even then, it can always be improved with the right condiment(s).

My dry herbs and spices pantry looks like the UN had a pot luck. My sauces, vinegars and other condiments pantry looks like some East-meets-West art concept. My fresh herb garden, well, there’s a latin theme there… but even then usually some bok choy and basil growing.

It’s always flavor time here.

Quote:
no mustard, ketchup or other condiments ever on any of their burgers or dogs for instance - they will accept cheese and lettuce -no tomatoes though!!
Post 494 IP   flag post
Fajita night. Onion and pepper mix nicely caramelized. Freshly harvested cilantro as the final touch.

Habanero sauce (not pictured). We use greek yogurt in place of sour cream (always). Excellent.

Post 495 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
A fish taco and a calamari taco - pretty tasty.

Post 496 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
It was Family Day in Ontario Canada yesterday. We decided on a brunch with momosa's rather than a dinner.

Post 497 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
My dry herbs and spices pantry looks like the UN had a pot luck. My sauces, vinegars and other condiments pantry looks like some East-meets-West art concept. My fresh herb garden, well, there’s a latin theme there… but even then usually some bok choy and basil growing.

@Davethebrave you would make a Renaissance Man hang his head in shame!
Post 498 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave

@Davethebrave you would make a Renaissance Man hang his head in shame!

My spice selection would’ve cost a horse or two in the 15th century. Incidentally, I don’t know how to ride a horse. I could probably flavor one nicely though...
Post 499 IP   flag post
Orange pie.

Post 500 IP   flag post
Chicken pad thai

Post 501 IP   flag post
Had In-N-Out Burger for the first time last evening. Not bad at all, and very wallet friendly. I still prefer Five Guys back home, but a really nice and cheaper alternative.

Post 502 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo There's a whole underworld following to In-N-Out. Check out the secret menu...
clickable text
Post 503 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I returned to the pork again this week. This time the whole loin, not just the tenderloin as it was on sale for $1.77/lb. Got 1/3 of it marinating in a sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil concoction. Did some with the Stubbs BBQ sauce again and the rest with an internet-inspired seasoning rub, heavy on Italian seasoning.

Post 504 IP   flag post
My only question.
Why don't you use aluminum foil?
It would make cleanup easier?
Post 505 IP   flag post
600884 999 30