Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating/ cooking; Part 3.18415

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like a success.
Post 401 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Office was flooded this morning so I got sent home. meaning, I got to make myself a proper breakfast for once!
Post 402 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I’m not sure why I needed this amount of baked beans at my house.

Post 403 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Lack of fiber?
Post 404 IP   flag post

I made cornbread.
Post 405 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Lol
Post 406 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
working from home is rough.
Todays lunch - local Lake Erie Perch fish fry!
Just flower, salt, pepper and some dill

not self caught

Post 407 IP   flag post
Had the smoker going today.

Post 408 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad, smokin in January…
Post 409 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I made some Tuscan white bean and barley soup today.

Post 410 IP   flag post
I would trade jerky for that!
Post 411 IP   flag post
Another round of blueberry muffins. I haven't made any in a while.

Post 412 IP   flag post
Surprisingly these nuggets do taste like chick Fila nuggets.

You get them at Costco and air fry them.

Post 413 IP   flag post
Roasted sweet potatoes with olive oil, cinnamon, and honey.

Post 414 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Roasted sweet potatoes with olive oil, cinnamon, and honey.

You and I seem to like making and cooking totally different things. I think that’s cool. I have a corn bread recipe now that I’d never envisioned making. @Rexmuff sent me his hot sauce recipe the other day. If I ever concoct something that interests anyone let me know. I don’t have “secret recipes”.
Post 415 IP   flag post
I made chicken salad this morning. I usually let it refrigerate overnight before I eat it to let everything in it get to know one another.

Post 416 IP   flag post
Quote:
I made chicken salad this morning. I usually let it refrigerate overnight before I eat it to let everything in it get to know one another.

The only time I’ve ever had that it’s from a gas station cut into triangles and it’s good. I can only imagine…………
Post 417 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad It's fresh and it's spectacular.
Post 418 IP   flag post
We’ve tried Hello Fresh this week. It has pro’s and con’s. For the most part we are tired of the same ideas over and over. Maybe we get it a few weeks and replicate the recipes we really enjoy? That alone would be a success.
Post 419 IP   flag post
I meant I made it fresh. I've never used any of those meals in box mail recipe services.
Post 420 IP   flag post
If I understand correctly hello fresh sends recipes with the ingredients. In theory once you have the recipes you can stop the subscription. In that sense, I can see having a couple of tried and true recipes as a benefit.

Sometimes trying a new recipe means buying spices and ingredients that are useful to only one recipe. That makes it harder to justify unless you tried and liked it enough to invest in the ingredients to make more. Sometimes a taste makes a huge difference.
Post 421 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
This one is as good as it is easy: Thin spaghetti noodles, olive oil, salt & pepper, minced garlic, Truffle Seasoning (with Parmesean and Black Garlic). Also good with cherry tomatoes and/or bacon pieces. Bob's your uncle!

Post 422 IP   flag post
Quote:
I meant I made it fresh. I've never used any of those meals in box mail recipe services.
I know, it was totally in related.
Post 423 IP   flag post
I just walked in on my brother trying to whip heavy cream to whipped cream with a fork. I'm like wtf are you doing?

I handed him the hand mixer. Lol

Banana Cream Pie tonight.....
Post 424 IP   flag post
I've done it using a whisk, but an electric hand mixer is easier and usually faster.
Post 425 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Pasta aglio e olio. Or garlic and oil, just sounds better in Italian.

Yum. I’ve made this countless times, many variations. All incredibly easy and tasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
This one is as good as it is easy: Thin spaghetti noodles, olive oil, salt & pepper, minced garlic, Truffle Seasoning (with Parmesean and Black Garlic). Also good with cherry tomatoes and/or bacon pieces. Bob's your uncle!

Post 426 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Oliebollen (oil balls) variations last weekend. Progenitors to donuts but quick to make and just as tasty. Usually with confectioners’ sugar but I glazed them this time. Delicious.

Post 427 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 428 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 429 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave If you haven't yet had it with the Truffle seasoning, I recommend it. That hint of mushroom flavor or whatever it is, is really addicting. I've made 3 large batches in the last week. Been eating it hot or cold. But I think it really improves with something salty like fresh bacon pieces or maybe diced and fried ham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Pasta aglio e olio. Or garlic and oil, just sounds better in Italian.

Yum. I’ve made this countless times, many variations. All incredibly easy and tasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia

Post 430 IP   flag post
598060 999 30