Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating/ cooking; Part 3.18415

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Chocolate eclair dessert. A layer of chocolate pudding and a layer of cheesecake pudding mixed with Cool Whip and sandwiched between alternating layers of graham crakers topped with homemade chocolate icing and then chilled overnight. It may not be fancy or pretentious, but it sure is good.

Post 351 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
That may taste good but an eclair it is not.
Post 352 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave

That's what the recipe is called. Go argue with the lady who posted it and dazzle her with your intellect. Her name is Tracey and her web address is www.thekitchenismyplayground.com.
Post 353 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave

That's what the recipe is called. Go argue with the lady who posted it and dazzle her with your intellect. Her name is Tracey and her web address is www.thekitchenismyplayground.com.

;-)
Post 354 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

Cheating a little bit. Breaded Cauliflower with hot sauce and a Bell's 2 Hearted Ale.
Very tasty.
Post 355 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
For lunch I went scrounging through the cabinets and refrigerator for something warm and comforting to eat (and not too much work to make). I found two cans of Campbell’s Chicken Noodle Soup in the cabinet, and in the fridge I was able to round up about a cup of white rice, some spinach, and some small breakfast sausages. I cut up the sausages, mixed everything together in a pan, and heated it up. Not too bad tasting (but high in sodium). Kind of like a left-over version of Italian Wedding Soup. I will definitely do this again.

Post 356 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Smoked then grilled wings…………….

Post 357 IP   flag post
This is going to seem pretty weird and please don't judge me for total white trash. Does anyone want a hot dog roller grill? Hilarious, but I'm serious. I have to make room for all the stuff I've accumulated for my smoker and just don't use it. It's lightly used and has always been taken apart and stored in the box since I've never had counter space. I'd rather take the time to ship to one of people than put it on Gregs list. Message me for any questions and more detailed pic than the one here. I could go into all kinds of BS but I'll keep this absurdity short.

Post 358 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry. I had to laugh.
Did you buy it or was it a gift?
Post 359 IP   flag post
On normal night for me I mentioned how sweet it would be to have one. I think my wife surprised me with it a few days later. We have had it for maybe 15 years and its probably been used less times than that.
Post 360 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
This is going to seem pretty weird and please don't judge me for total white trash. Does anyone want a hot dog roller grill? Hilarious, but I'm serious. I have to make room for all the stuff I've accumulated for my smoker and just don't use it. It's lightly used and has always been taken apart and stored in the box since I've never had counter space. I'd rather take the time to ship to one of people than put it on Gregs list. Message me for any questions and more detailed pic than the one here. I could go into all kinds of BS but I'll keep this absurdity short.

Well we're movin' on up (movin on up)
To the east side (movin on up)
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin' on up (movin on up)
We finally got a piece of the pie.

Fish don't fry in the kitchen;
Beans don't burn on the grill.
Took a whole lotta tryin'
Just to get up that hill.
Now we're up in the big leagues
Gettin' our turn at bat.
As long as we live, it's you and me baby
There ain't nothin wrong with that.

Well we're movin' on up (movin on up)
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin' on up (movin on up)
We finally got a piece of the pie.
Post 361 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad I have a friend in New Orleans that might want it.
*not my drawing

Post 362 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@HeinzDad I have a friend in New Orleans that might want it.
*not my drawing

I love that book!!! @sborock actually got me that book to read!!
Post 363 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O it's a great one. I read it for the first time last year.
Post 364 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad maybe if you get one of these you can use them together for movie night:

Post 365 IP   flag post
I’m starting to wonder if finishing this 6 pack is a liability. She’s just past the exp.

Post 366 IP   flag post
Quote:
I’m starting to wonder if finishing this 6 pack is a liability. She’s just past the exp.

You’re good. Only “best…by”…

You’ll know the beer is bad if you try drinking it and nothing comes out (of the bottle).

Edit: none of the above is intended as health, product safety, medical or legal advice, or advice of any sort that should ever be relied upon.
Post 367 IP   flag post
Yeah, @Davethebrave, you’d have to know me to understand the sarcasm. I’ve never turned down a free beer let alone dump a 6 pack I bought!
Post 368 IP   flag post
Broccoli, Rice, Chicken breast, cream of mushroom soup. Melt shredded cheese on top if desired. Chicken breast wasn't very tender, should have been browned first. Wife try. Wife fail. Actually, it was ok, but more leftovers than usual.

Post 369 IP   flag post
Quote:
Yeah, @Davethebrave, you’d have to know me to understand the sarcasm. I’ve never turned down a free beer let alone dump a 6 pack I bought!

Totally. My advice was based on experience. My dad was also not someone to throw out beer. Years ago while visiting my family, I grabbed a bottle from a “new” case in their cellar. Dark bottle. Popped it open, brought it up to my mouth to drink and… nothing.

That beer was definitely no longer at its best.

If the beer don’t flow, let it go.
If the beer flows fine, drink’n time.
Post 370 IP   flag post

Post 371 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Hmm... I think I still have some pulled pork in fridge

=)
Post 372 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Hmm... I think I still have some pulled pork in fridge

=)
I seal vac’d and froze a couple lbs from the one I made in posts earlier. Ghost Roast bbq sauce in this batch.
Post 373 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad - Good idea, Brian!

Post 374 IP   flag post

Pulled pork sliders with a side of Dr Watson cornbread

Edit

3x the sugar in cornbread recipe and it still needed more sugar but it tasted ok.
Post 375 IP   flag post
@Bronte It's not cake, lol.
Post 376 IP   flag post
Lol. True. But I tend to like my stuff sweeter. Looking at similar recipes they tend to use a tad more sugar as well, so maybe it's not just me?
Post 377 IP   flag post
My father would flat out refuse to eat cornbread with sugar in it. I always told him that I left the sugar out. I would add the small amount to cut the aftertaste and he thought it was great.
Post 378 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@HeinzDad - Good idea, Brian!

That small pickle on the right...that's usually a sign that the jar is pretty much empty.
Post 379 IP   flag post
Is the corn bread recipe lurking in the thread?
Post 380 IP   flag post
598065 999 30