Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating/ cooking; Part 3.18415

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Did some baking today. My wife made the rolls to go with tonight’s dinner, and I made the wine biscuits (they are called that, but they are really more cookie than biscuit).

Dinner time!

Post 301 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
A buddy sent me some grill plates for my smoker.

Post 302 IP   flag post
Round one today.

Post 303 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I have the grill grates on my propane grill. They really do help control flames from excess grease from meat.
Post 304 IP   flag post
Round 2 for the Lions game tomorrow……

Post 305 IP   flag post

Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user

Another pie today.
Post 306 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Round 2 for the Lions game tomorrow……

Looks delicious. I bet it tasted even better with that Lions win today!
Post 307 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user

Hamtacular
Post 308 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
The grocery store had Pork Butt (shoulder) for 97 cents a pound so I decided to take a shot at making pulled pork in the Instant Pot. Found a simple recipe online. Everybody liked it, not a lot left over:

Post 309 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia

Next time I see another pellet smoker deal should I send a flag your way? =)
Post 310 IP   flag post
@Bronte You know, I came really close to pulling the trigger on the last one you mentioned. But then I realized I would be at Costco buying hundreds of dollars' worth of meat like every other week and my in-laws would be wanting to come over all the time. So, I hesitated, and it was quickly gone. Maybe if another deal comes up in the spring, I will grab it.
Post 311 IP   flag post
Seems like heinzdad is getting a lot of use on his. Maybe he will "inspire" you....
Lol
Post 312 IP   flag post
I shut down my plan of making a shoulder on Sunday. It was gonna be a 7 lb present to myself. Aaaand maybe others???

I’ll wait a few days for warm up.
Post 313 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad

Are you guys going through a freeze in temps too?

Post 314 IP   flag post
Sí.
Post 315 IP   flag post
Can anyone tell me the proper sides for a Peking duck dinner? We located a place that is making them Sunday but since I’ve never had it before I’m not sure what is traditional.
Post 316 IP   flag post
I don't know if there is a proper side but from my taste buds point of view baby bok choy with oyster sauce is a tasty vegetable that is not overwhelming to taste buds.

If you go the route of Google.

https://eatdelights.com/peking-duck-sides/

Roasted Carrots
Pak Choi
Noodles
Soy Sauce Chicken
Steamed Rice
Mandarin Pancakes
Vegetable Spring Rolls
Spinach with Garlic Sauce
Post 317 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Can anyone tell me the proper sides for a Peking duck dinner? We located a place that is making them Sunday but since I’ve never had it before I’m not sure what is traditional.

Often served with wraps (well, closer to crepes but same idea as a wrap).

It is a fun way to enjoy them.

I also like steamed pork buns or veggie dumplings. Depends how heavy you want to go as duck is already heavy (fatty) for a bird.
Post 318 IP   flag post
The duck comes with those wraps, scallions, and a sauce.

Thanks a bunch fellas.
Post 319 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad

Post 320 IP   flag post
LOL!!!!!!!
Post 321 IP   flag post
Post 322 IP   flag post
How do think I got the idea????

Edit: That movie is mid western to the core. “The line was backed up to Terre Haute” makes me laugh more than it should. Also, a lot of that was filmed in Cleveland, which of course I’ve visited.
Post 323 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Christmas Eve is traditionally a multi-course fish/seafood meal for many Rhode Islander’s of Italian descent. This is the first one that my family and I have had to celebrate without my mother. My son insisted that we have at least seven different dishes, and helped me pull it all together. Here’s what we enjoyed.

Post 324 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice spread @esaravo my man. Merry Christmas!
Post 325 IP   flag post
Damn
Post 326 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Merry Christmas folks, @esaravo, that looks great! I was indoctrinated about 19 years ago, and have spent almost every Christmas Eve with an insane amount of seafood. Italians really DO Christmas

Post 327 IP   flag post
@RexMuff - That looks amazing! I see you even have your mallet for the king crab legs - impressive and delicious! Buon appetito.
Post 328 IP   flag post
Well all food places are closed except for dunkin donuts. And they are out of all the dinits i eat cept old fashioned donuts.....
Post 329 IP   flag post

Post 330 IP   flag post
600900 999 30