Originally Posted by HeinzDad
My shorts.....

Do you clean and press em first?
Post 6 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
My shorts.....

Where have you been? Haven't seen you posting lately.
Post 7 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
It finally occurred to me I really don’t contribute anything constructive. I’m sophomoric at best and realized I’ll just save my idiocy for my idiot buddies and spare the CBCS community.
Post 8 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad

I for one am impressed that you have the ability to grow stuff in your own garden. All my stuff comes from super market and God knows what they did to the stuff before I got it....
Post 9 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
My daughter made this dish from scratch for me and her mom yesterday. The fresh cilantro, crushed peanuts, and a dash of lime were a nice touch.

Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
It finally occurred to me I really don’t contribute anything constructive. I’m sophomoric at best and realized I’ll just save my idiocy for my idiot buddies and spare the CBCS community.

In other words, you're just like 95% of the people who post on the boards. My self included. If I wanted to be constructive, you know, really constructive, I'd buy a set of Tinker Toys.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

In other words, you're just like 95% of the people who post on the boards. My self included. If I wanted to be constructive, you know, really constructive, I'd buy a set of Tinker Toys.

Note to myself,... I need to buy some Tinker Toys.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I actually think you contribute quite a bit. This is a community of comic book nerds and geeks. You are a part of that community. I sincerely hope that NO ONE feels that they can't be sophomoric here. Heck, I'm convinced we have a couple who are JV at best!!! They may even be grade school. Regardless, variety is the spice of life!! I hope you reconsider your involvement here.

And just to illustrate the difference between geek and nerd, I will add this picture. Plus, I really like "comic book guy"!! And I fall squarely in the geek category.

Post 13 IP   flag post
To be a little different, peach bread pudding with peach flavored Crown Royal whiskey.

Post 14 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I’m sophomoric at best and realized I’ll just save my idiocy for my idiot buddies and spare the CBCS community.

Oh bullshit, your idiocy is needed and cherished right here on this forum. We only chase away rocket scientists...and people who ask "where my books at?".
Post 15 IP   flag post
I'm traveling again and took the opportunity to stay the night tonight in Tombstone, AZ. Of course I have a Roku free version of Tombstone playing on the TV at the moment. The motel I chose has only 4 rooms and is 145 years old. No office or check-in, just a code that lets you open the electronic lock on the door when you arrive. Had a Ribeye with mashed potatoes at a historical saloon to appreciate the moment. I was under the impression that a dollar could get you a bath, a shot of whiskey and a female companion for the night. Apparently that's not the case any more, even in off-season.
Post 16 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Eating some bread pudding I made yesterday from leftover (homemade) baked pumpkin donuts.

Wife made a couple batches of donuts a few days ago and due to the slight distraction of two rambunctious toddlers, left the salt out of one… so I set that batch aside for this express purpose. Adjusted seasoning to compensate, of course.

Turned out amazing. Decided to use <sensitive people, please avert your eyes> COCONUT rum and it was a perfect match for the pumpkin.

Edit: was too eager to dig-in so no glamour shots.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Haute Cuisine

Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Making acorn squash stuffed with chorizo, banana peppers, jasmine rice, and topped with provolone and a little cheddar.

Post 19 IP   flag post
Salad...

Couple chicken manicotti..

Post 20 IP   flag post
This is one of the best things I've had in a long time. I would describe it as intoxicating. The waitress said that everyone who orders it finishes every bite. My experience was that once you start eating it, you don't do much talking until it's gone. The authentic version would have goat meat, but this is shredded beef with melted white cheese. Not sure what to do with the radishes but you fill each one with cilantro and diced onions if desired, then dip it in the cup of well-seasoned broth that also has chunks of shredded beef in it. $8.45 on the appetizer menu. It's addicting:

Post 21 IP   flag post
I was just informed the sauce on the manicotti was from those black cherry tomatoes I posted earlier.
Post 22 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad
How'd they taste?
Post 23 IP   flag post
Meh, no different than all the other tomatoes we sauce out. That’s not bad by the way. I won’t eat jar sauce anymore so I make sure things are growing.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Preparing to smoke this 10 1/2 lb pork shoulder. Gonna be a bit wet tonight, so I have a 10x10 tent set up. Here goes nothin
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
16 hours later… I think it’s done. Gonna smoke another batch of peppers now. A mix of Jalapeños, Carolina Reapers, and Cherries.

Post 26 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Late dinner...roasted potatoes and Montreal spice seasoned steaks.

Post 27 IP   flag post
I hate to rain on smoked and grilled meats but this is where I’m at on the evening. I believe I’m going to home make the Costco roll up.

Post 28 IP   flag post
If I decided to get a smoker, which one would be the best combination of versatile and rookie-proof? By versatile I mean can be used for additional purposes such as grilling?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Disgusting..

Post 30 IP   flag post
601305 999 30