Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Mail Call - EC's and Steranko18414

Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these in. They were submitted in September of last year...twelve months to get them back! Let me know if you want to trade. (I also have about 900 other books.)

Love this cover...as a former New Yorker who always had this fear in the back of my mind! I'm on the lookout for more cool EC's.

This one presents much better than a 4.0 (grading notes mention a slight spine split, oh well).

There should be more comics about psychiatry, don't you think?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
This is one of my favorite covers in all of comics. Glad to have a signed one! (Would love to have a nice Steranko-signed Captain America or Xmen if anyone has one the want to let go.)

These classics had to be preserved. Would trade if anyone is interested.

Great Wally Wood tribute. Hard to get a high grade on those black covers.

Post 2 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I'm partial to that Nick Fury #3 as well. One of the first books I chose for a Steranko signing event.
Post 3 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@MrNotSoNice interested in the Crime Suspenstories #26. What kind of trades are you looking for?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Also got these. Went through my collection and picked out a few that appeared to be in decent condition and maybe worth preserving.

Nice grade on this key. Willing to trade if anyone interested.

Liked this one because it has the green Black Widow.

Kirby...and a swastika! I remember this one from my childhood. First Captain America cartoon show presented this 'sleeper' storyline.

Post 5 IP   flag post
Finally, this one. I don't usually do love comics, but I like this painted cover. Sultry look. Turns out to be the highest graded copy. Not bad for 1951.

Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Interested in the Crime Suspenstories #26. What kind of trades are you looking for?

Would trade for interesting books of similar value. I'm especially on the lookout for:

ASM #50
X-Men #25, and Steranko's (#49, #50, #51)
Thor #134
Daredevil #7
Tales of Suspense #59
Werewolf By Night #32
Marvel Spotlight #28
Avengers #196
Captain America #100, #109, #117 or any of the Steranko's (#110, #111, #113)
Incredible Hulk #93 Planet Hulk (2006)
Any Nick Fury SHIELD Steranko's
Any cool Golden Age
Any cool EC's
Any cool early Marvel Silver Age
Y: The Last Man #1, or a full run

Feel free to DM me. We can also do a zoom call and look at bunch of other books I have for trade (mostly Silver Age). I have about 900 comics.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Travis private msg quote post Address this user
The aces high is pretty neat
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis
The aces high is pretty neat

I think so. I like the simple, yet dynamic design. EC’s had great graphic design that I am appreciating more and more as I collect them. Nice book considering it is almost 70 years old.
Post 9 IP   flag post
597889 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?