Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Uh-Oh CGC, your turn in the barrel again18411

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd

He is right. You should always max out the tier. It doesn't cost any extra and in times like this it might be beneficial.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHoarder

The raw copy of Ultimate Fallout #4 subbed by the OP of this thread is likely to have netted a 9.8, even as is before pressing it looks like a 9.6/9.8 candidate.

Don’t agree. there was some color rub and white line down the back. OP said the white line couldn’t be pressed out. So not a 9.8, not sure it would meet 9.6.

But I also think the book he got was over graded as well, and not the same book.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
$100 Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@ComicHoarder
It was a Last Ronin Ashcan sent in to get signed by Kevin Eastman. I was pretty nice, so I went for $100.

No recent sales for that book in any SS slabs and the 3 SS slabs avialable on ebay now are asking $250 to $200 for SS 9.4's.

Recent 9.8's and 9.6 prices for blues are strong....based on what I see, blue 9.8's are solid $200 slabs, not too big of a drop for blue 9.6's either.

Yep, you're getting hosed even at $100....can't imagine they'd offer you less than the declared value of $100 but still, that wouldnt surprise me at all tho....but one can be sure CGC monitors threads like these, I'd bet they give you the full $100 you put down. They don't need bad juju over a $100 slab, that was likely under insured to begin with, to boot.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fsrp=1&_from=R40&_nkw=Last+Ronin+Ashcan+cgc&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=07011&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=60&LH_Complete=1
Post 78 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktocktyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
There's no such thing as too much communication. Both companies, imo, are too damn secretive.

What do they secrete?

definitely not integrity
Post 79 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Byrdibyrd

He is right. You should always max out the tier. It doesn't cost any extra and in times like this it might be beneficial.

You're right. I don't always do that, and this was one of those times.
Post 80 IP   flag post

would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@Sigur_Ros - Looking at that line on the original, based on grades I received for similar comics, my guess would be a 9.4 is what CBCS would grade.

Sorry, didn't see this. That @ thing doesn't notify.

I understand what you're saying but at the same time, the book he received was definitely overgraded.
I wholeheartedly believe the line created in production isn't as bad as the damage on the book he received.
Based on his photos alone, of course. Who knows what else is going on.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@Sigur_Ros - Looking at that line on the original, based on grades I received for similar comics, my guess would be a 9.4 is what CBCS would grade.

Eh, what?

That line on the OP's raw copy of UF #4 is a manufacturing defect.

The FC and BC pics the op posted look like a book that would a prett solid 9.8, or a too tightly graded 9.6.... and those are pics of the book before CCS was slated to press it.

OTOH, the copy which it was replaced with is a weakly graded 9.6.

Looks more like a 9.2 or maybe 9.4 to me....my feeling is that the 9.8 raw candidate was replaced with that gift graded 9.6 slab.

I think there's likely one crook at CCS and a second crook at CGC, working together on moderns like this.

And the fact it was a first time submitter is also just a huuuuge coincidence, they wouldnt pull this swipeout on a CGC dealer account's submission.
Post 82 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHoarder

That line on the OP's raw copy of UF #4 is a manufacturing defect.

A manufacturing defect is still a defect. And should count against the grade. There are copies without this defect. So why would separate copies with and without a manufacturing defect be give the same grade? The book with defect is inferior.
Post 83 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio I couldn’t agree more. Or how about giving comics with manufacturing defects green labels? But more concerned about making flippers happy than having integrity.
Post 84 IP   flag post
597922 84 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?