Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Signature ASPQuestionsSigning Opportunities

New York Comic Con 2022 Thread18384

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Reservations were starting at noon today but due to a technical issue the page is unavailable.

Called customer service and only solution is to keep trying until it works.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos you would think they would learn from the years previous.

Emails didn't go out until after 12pm, the website had the link prior to 12pm but the link gave you a 404 error.

So frustrating.
Post 52 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Every ....... single...... year..... every... and I mean every.... reedpop $#&%'s something up with servers, capacity, 404's, you name it.
I've never seen such consistent failure and ineptitude year after year after year. Idiots
Post 53 IP   flag post
Has anyone heard of any complaints or had similar experiences with SDCC. If not youd think ReedPop would take some notes.

Every %#&*!@$ year @Nuffsaid111
Post 54 IP   flag post
..... and every year I get an email from Reed that starts as follows: "we did not anticipate ...."

I mean wtf? You didn't anticipate every ticket holder would be trying to register for panels when it went live? It's like dealing with a 4 year old
Post 55 IP   flag post

@Nuffsaid111 disagree. Atleast a 4yr old would be functional. 🤣

Good luck to you on our shared quest.
Post 56 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
It has been 24 hours and everything is still paused.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
sounds like trying to buying concert tickets. A complete cluster $%^&.

The people didn't crash the servers...the bot scripts did.
Post 58 IP   flag post
For those interested Rob Liefeld is doing NYCC sketch commissions on sketch covers. 1300 for a bust.

Edit: forgot to mention you have to reserve a spot in advance
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector Element_Lad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
For those interested Rob Liefeld is doing NYCC sketch commissions on sketch covers. 1300 for a bust.

Because busts don't require feet?
Post 60 IP   flag post
Hadn't checked the guest list for a bit but noticed this morning that they added Bill Seinkiewicz and a couple others.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Finally got through the line for the panels and was able to get the McFarlane signing on Thursday.

Not sure if you only get one item before going back on line or if I screwed something up and should have been able to do all of the panels at once.

Does anyone know?
Post 62 IP   flag post
Just talked to customer service it seems I did screw up.

Even if prompted to check out you need to wait until you are done selecting items.
Post 63 IP   flag post
I was at a work lunch refreshing like crazy. I was done by 12:15ish

Post 64 IP   flag post
So going off the fact that McFarlanes signings are at the CGC booth, I'm wondering if this is the case because Image wont be there? I havent seen any news stating they would have their usual booth at NYCC
Post 65 IP   flag post
Briefly stopped into my local comic show yesterday picked up the following books to get signed in New York:

Batman # 423 CGC 9.6 for Thursday McFarlane signing
Wolverine LS # 1 CGC 9.6 for Frank Miller & Chris Claremont
Thundercats # 1 for Jim Shooter (NYCC) and Brett Breeding (Baltimore)
Star Wars # 39 for Jim Shooter
Uncanny X-Men # 244 for Marc Silvestri and Chris Claremont
Uncanny X-Men Annual # 14 for Art Adams and Chris Claremont
Daredevil # 131 for Klaus Jansen (NYCC) and Gerry Conway (Rhode Island)
Daredevil # 168 for Frank Miller, Klaus Jansen and Jim Shooter
Post 66 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

Do you know for sure if CBCS (and/or Beckett) will be at Rhode Island CC?
I've been waiting for the website to update with their presence and have been concerned that they will not be there. I sure do hope so, though.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:

I've been waiting for the website to update with their presence and have been concerned that they will not be there. I sure do hope so, though.

I believe that they are usually a sponsor therefore they should be there. I can check with Bob Shaw.
Post 68 IP   flag post
Quote:
Briefly stopped into my local comic show yesterday picked up the following books to get signed in New York:

Batman # 423 CGC 9.6 for Thursday McFarlane signing
Wolverine LS # 1 CGC 9.6 for Frank Miller & Chris Claremont
Thundercats # 1 for Jim Shooter (NYCC) and Brett Breeding (Baltimore)
Star Wars # 39 for Jim Shooter
Uncanny X-Men # 244 for Marc Silvestri and Chris Claremont
Uncanny X-Men Annual # 14 for Art Adams and Chris Claremont
Daredevil # 168 for Frank Miller, Klaus Jansen and Jim Shooter

Looks like another busy NYCC for you just based off those signatures. Also what LCS has those goodies on stock.

I have a few Miller and Klaus books I want to get combo sigs on as well. I got the most important one from you a few years back. Dark Knight Returns 1
Post 69 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Element_Lad
Quote:
Quote:

I believe that they are usually a sponsor therefore they should be there. I can check with Bob Shaw.

It's a moot point as I am a CBCS facilitator.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Bob Shaw said yes there would be at RICC. Maybe he means @drchaos.
Post 71 IP   flag post
@Element_Lad I will probably only be at RICC on Sunday.

One of my friends from my local comic show has a competing show on Saturday in New Jersey that weekend.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Element_Lad I will probably only be at RICC on Sunday.

One of my friends from my local comic show has a competing show on Saturday in New Jersey that weekend.

Where in NJ is this con you speak of.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Nov 5th Holmdel, NJ

Super New Jersey Comic Expo

My friend Stan runs it.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O I met her at the now defunct "shock pop con" in Ft Lauderdale...

https://www.browardpalmbeach.com/music/john-waters-says-he-never-got-paid-by-fort-lauderdales-shock-pop-comic-con-6927337

AWESOME experience though. Day one she was in civilian attire, Day 2 she went full Elvira. She was smart. She got everyone's photo ops in her regular attire, then people went back day 2 to get photo ops in her Elvira costume.
Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007

https://www.browardpalmbeach.com/music/john-waters-says-he-never-got-paid-by-fort-lauderdales-shock-pop-comic-con-6927337

AWESOME experience though. Day one she was in civilian attire, Day 2 she went full Elvira. She was smart. She got everyone's photo ops in her regular attire, then people went back day 2 to get photo ops in her Elvira costume.

This will be the third time I will meet her but I never got to do so when she was in character.

That had to be a lot of fun to see up close.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

This will be the third time I will meet her but I never got to do so when she was in character.

A complete and total blast!
Post 77 IP   flag post
Anyone take a look at the exclusives?

A few look interesting but not sure which are going to be the really hard ones to get that I should try for first.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
Anyone take a look at the exclusives?

A few look interesting but not sure which are going to be the really hard ones to get that I should try for first.

Comicsketchart has a couple of nice exclusives. That said, now even the buy-ins are high for convention exclusives. For years they were $5 & $10 and flippers like myself were getting the most out of the work being put in to target these. Then folks started getting smart and charging more and cutting into my profits. I saw the Ottley Invincible 19's which are quite cool are an ungodly amount for the buy-in price, so whereas I was initially targeting them, I'm not now. Just too damn expensive.

In the end, I'm just going to go to the Marvel booth with their exclusives. They're at least reasonable with their buy-in price in today's big convention market scene.

Edit: I just did a little more hunting around of NYCC exclusives. With very tepid interest I saw Vault Comics had a limited to 100 copies Nightfall 68pg exclusive. Something that in the "old days" I would target. A small publisher like Vault years ago would probably put the buy-in at maybe $25 - $30? (Just a guess). The freakin comic is $100! Yea - ahhhhh.... not happening!
Post 79 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

A complete and total bust!

I fixed your post.
Post 80 IP   flag post
601510 144 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?