Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Signature ASPQuestionsSigning Opportunities

New York Comic Con 2022 Thread18384

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Now that I have had some time to take a break after Toronto Fan Expo I am starting to get ready for NYCC.

I thought I would start a thread so we can share information.

Since my friend isn't doing the show this year I ended up buying a four day general pass even though I am still trying to get a vendor pass or at least find someone willing to help me get in early on Thursday.

When I tried to download the app from the google store it seems I already downloaded it but all of the information seems to be from last year.

My first question is whether there is a new app for 2022 or if we just have to wait for Fan Expo to update this one.

Currently sorting books by artist to get signed at the show.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Looking over the website it seems that the guest list and exhibitor list have been updated for 2022 while the artist alley list includes artists from last year that are not on the guest list for this year.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Element_Lad private msg quote post Address this user
That's not good. The site is what draws the people and the guest list is very much a part of that.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Typical NYCC, I feel like these issues repeat every year. App seems to update late in the game and you end up having to resort to the newsletter or instagram.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
I'm only going on Thursday this year, they're always so late announcing guests that I'm just going to save my $$ for RICC. My friend and I are just going to pop in and check out some artists and maybe grab some exclusives
Post 5 IP   flag post
I will be there all four days as usual.
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
I will no longer go to NYCC (for the foreseeable future)as it costs too much money to try and make money there and it's too crazy. I would rather go to a fan friendly con that does not cost a few thousand for just plane, food, taxi cabs and hotels.
Went to NYCC for so many years, same with SDCC. Both I am now skipping.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Buckets private msg quote post Address this user
I have been travelling to SDCC for the past 12 years but this is the 1st year I passed. It has become too expensive and too much of a hassle to navigate. I have switched to going to smaller local venues, which is much more personable and open. I don't have to wait in endless lines, pay hundreds of dollars to attend and have easy access to everything.

I will miss the big cons, but not too much.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Buzzetta private msg quote post Address this user
If I did not get in for basically free and already work in the city and live on Long Island, I would pass on this show.

As Steve said, it is too expensive to set up shop there from what I see, the higher profile vendors have moved on to do their own cons. For example, Hasbro has not had a presence there in almost ten years and since the pandemic has created and showcased their items at their own virtual con. Every week they are announcing new product and dropping new items in their store.

Lego did a Lego con this year that had a massive turnout on YouTube. Why go to NYCC? As soon as the show is over the items are available for order and they generate a lot of instant sales.

For that that are going, I had received my ticket in the mail a couple of weeks ago and ran into a problem validating it. When I typed in the link to activate my badge I was redirected to the main site.

Simple google search revealed others are having this problem: Thanks Reddit !

To activate your badge you must go to https://www.showclix.com/my-tickets/login and log in using the email address you registered with. Then go to mange your tickets and follow the activate option and enter in your badge number.

NYCC2022.com/activate is not taking you to anywhere you can go to activate your ticket.
Post 9 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Haven’t been ever since it was no longer walking distance. Never a fan of NYC conventions (of any kind) even while living there.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I'll be there. Have been since the beginning of time.
Post 11 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
I will no longer go to NYCC (for the foreseeable future)as it costs too much money to try and make money there and it's too crazy. I would rather go to a fan friendly con that does not cost a few thousand for just plane, food, taxi cabs and hotels.
Went to NYCC for so many years, same with SDCC. Both I am now skipping.

I quit going after I had a run in with the union while trying to pack up and get the hell out of the Javitz Center.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock is that an official CBCS position? If so Good to know.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Would LOVE to go, but I am in making money mode, not spending money mode. I would still go on a strict budget, but it means I can’t work the part time job which plays well enough for me to skip it until fairer weather prevails…
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblebeast315

Why would it be an official CBCS position when he now works for My Comic Shop?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

Is Steve no longer the CEO of CBCS? If so, that is news to me, and I appreciate your pointed response to a question that was not directed at you.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

EXACTLY!

I don't see where @sborock's position on NYCC had/has anything to do with CBCS.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Quote:

EXACTLY!

I don't see where @sborock's position on this had anything to do with CBCS.

I don’t know what Steve does and doesn’t do. I asked a question based on my knowledge that Steve was the CEO of CBCS. If he no longer is involved in CBCS so be it. The person the question was directed to can answer if they would like to. Otherwise folks can stop acting like I am accusing him of fraud.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@Noblebeast315 I dont think anyone was making any accusations.

There was a big thread here and press releases elsewhere stating that Steve was pursuing new opportunities at MyComicshop.

He even has a thread about cool stuff coming across his desk at My Comicshop
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Is Steve no longer the CEO of CBCS? If so, that is news to me, and I appreciate your pointed response to a question that was not directed at you.

No, he isn't. He works at My Comic Shop now. I was only being helpful. Lesson learned.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@drchaos question we all want to know.....how many books are you dropping off at this show. 500? 600?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No, he isn't. He works at My Comic Shop now. I was only being helpful. Lesson learned.

It was a pointed response. If you where trying to be helpful you could have mentioned he no longer has any affiliation with CBCS, opposed to throwing the question back at me. I don’t have the time to follow and read every thread. Steve has been the face of CBCS for YEARS, if this was to change and he still post on this forum you can see how that would be a bit confusing right?
Post 22 IP   flag post
@Hcanes thank you for the clarification. Much appreciated. Oh how the times have changed….
Post 23 IP   flag post
The Irony of this whole exchange has been it will cost CBCS in the end. I thought Steve cared about making this business better. In the current state with TAT at 11 months unless you pay $60 per book to get them back in 6 weeks I just can’t quite frankly afford to be there customer anymore. It is a shame, because there are a number of things I think CBCS did well. I don’t see CBCS being able to compete with CGC moving forward if that is the case. That sucks to me. Well I guess I am sending my books to the other guys now.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
@drchaos question we all want to know.....how many books are you dropping off at this show. 500? 600?

Zero, I am just getting signatures and exclusives.

I am planning to do a big submission after everything is pressed up.

That one will be several short boxes I think.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Noblebeast315 got to keep up with current events bro. Lots of things happening. Black Flag bought CGC. Clayton Crain stole everyone’s wife…
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:

I think CBCS will be there taking submissions. Mycomicshop will not be attending this year.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
Quote:

I think CBCS will be there taking submissions. Mycomicshop will not be attending this year.

Are you going to Baltimore this year?
Post 28 IP   flag post
@drchaos Absolutely! Mycomicshop will be set up there. We will be buying comics and original art as well as taking in consignments for sale or auction.
It's a great con! One of the best! Marc does an amazing job every year!
Post 29 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
'Random' thought/question: Does anyone outside of NY/CA travel out to experience NYCC/SDCC not to make money? Not throwing any shade, seriously just curious, because if I ever did travel to either venue that would be my situation.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600908 144 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?