Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPQuestionsSignatures

Reholder Witness Signature18369

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@ticktocktyler
It shouldn't, as long as the case was never opened or damaged to the point where it could be opened. All the information is on the label and encased with the book. As long as neither one has been compromised, then re-holdering the book shouldn't change its status as a 'witnessed' signature.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@ticktocktyler
It shouldn't, as long as the case was never opened or damaged to the point where it could be opened. All the information is on the label and encased with the book. As long as neither one has been compromised, then re-holdering the book shouldn't change its status as a 'witnessed' signature.

Thanks! So if it were sent in for a regrade and reholder that would void the witnessed part and "demote" it to verified, I guess?
Post 27 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
If the book is sent in the slab and there's no obvious damage to the slab and/or the assigned grade appears correct then it would not be re-graded...only re-slabbed. If the client insists on the re-grade, I suppose it could be regraded but it would likely keep the same grade and the Witnessed signature would remain as Winessed. Either way...the witnessed designation is not impacted as long as the book is recieved in the slab (without tamper evidence).
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
If the book is sent in the slab and there's no obvious damage to the slab and/or the assigned grade appears correct then it would not be re-graded...only re-slabbed. If the client insists on the re-grade, I suppose it could be regraded but it would likely keep the same grade and the Witnessed signature would remain as Winessed. Either way...the witnessed designation is not impacted as long as the book is received in the slab (without tamper evidence).

Right. I guess I meant if the owner requested a regrade then the book would start off as a book with unverified writing on the cover? CGC gets all sorts of witnessed sig books and disregards the sigs verified, witnessed or not when a press & regrade are paid for, right? Was wondering if CBCS does the same or they verify instead of green label writing on cover stuff.
Post 29 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktocktyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
If the book is sent in the slab and there's no obvious damage to the slab and/or the assigned grade appears correct then it would not be re-graded...only re-slabbed. If the client insists on the re-grade, I suppose it could be regraded but it would likely keep the same grade and the Witnessed signature would remain as Winessed. Either way...the witnessed designation is not impacted as long as the book is received in the slab (without tamper evidence).

Right. I guess I meant if the owner requested a regrade then the book would start off as a book with unverified writing on the cover? CGC gets all sorts of witnessed sig books and disregards the sigs verified, witnessed or not when a press & regrade are paid for, right? Was wondering if CBCS does the same or they verify instead of green label writing on cover stuff.

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking but what I can say is this.....regardless of the reason for the return....as long as the book is received by CBCS in the slab without tamper evidence, then the Witnessed designation is retained....no change to Verified.

The crux is CBCS must receive the book in the slab without tamper evidence...if this happens...regardless of the reason for the return to CBCS, the book keeps its Witnessed signature.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktocktyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Because CGC does NOT do signature verification, if you send them a book that was verified by CBCS as an authentic signature, they will ignore that because they recognise ONLY witnessed signatures, and it will receive a green label. CBCS does not have that issue. Any witnessed book - including a book witnessed by CGC, as I understand it - will still retain its 'witnessed' status so long as the case has not been tampered with or damaged to the point where the book and/or label could be removed and replaced.
Post 31 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd exactly! 🍻
Post 32 IP   flag post
598080 32 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?