Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies Television

Rings of Power Discussion *SPOILERS*18334

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I'm thinking that Adar played a part in creating the Orcs and that's why they call him father.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I'm thinking that Adar played a part in creating the Orcs and that's why they call him father.

Good theory!!
Post 77 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Adar looks to have had one too many up close and personal conversations with Sauron. And yes, according to the Silmarillion the orcs are perversions of the elves initially captured and twisted by Melkor (Morgoth).
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Finally got to watch this. First episode was slow, but they're obviously trying to take there time and carefully introduce the central characters around which the events will take shape.

I was wondering if Adar becomes the mouth of Sauron (Adar). Yes, the mouth is described as a man. He could also be loosely based on Maeglin (who should be dead). Basically all the elves taken prisoner by Morgoth were believed to be potentially corrupted and not welcomed back by their people when they were released or escaped. Maeglin was the only one I'm aware of from lore with a name and has a connection to Beleriand (the place they make a point in saying Arondir was from and the burned elf is familiar with).

The fireball dude has to be Maia. They're going out of their way to show him use abilities similar to those demonstrated by Gandalf. But he could be Saroman (who was corrupted by envy and power potentially via the plantiri, but this wasn't evident until the end of the third age). He was also considered the "first" of the Maia to arrive in middle earth (though in lore they arrived via ship together). However, Saroman would not fit the pieces of personality already displayed. Gandalf had fire abilities (as did many of the Maiar who joined Sauron), could befriend animals; particularly flying ones. And was commonly seen as being able to impose his will in a way that made him seem to grow and be dominant. If it's not Gandalf, they've already gone to far to draw parallels that would make presenting that character as anyone else foolish.

Since we've got Durin digging deep in Moria, it's likely a Balrog is incoming, but this should be something that would be near the end of the series. After the rings of power and the friendship between the elves and dwarves of the mountain.

In my opinion we haven't seen Sauron yet, though we know he was manipulating Celebrimbor to forge the rings of power; he appeared typically as an elf in "fair disguise" named Annatar. He wouldn't have been much use if he was just chilling evil all the time.

Of course this is all speculation based on lore that doesn't have to be utilized for the show, there are already several non-canon characters taking front stage.

I like the series so far, the 4th episode is the best.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Any speculation on the sword? Sauron's or someone else's?
Post 80 IP   flag post

Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
It doesn't exist in lore that I'm familiar with. It could be, as described, a blade made by Morgoth for Sauron. That doesn't explain the reaction to men's blood. Why would Sauron's blade build from human blood for them to wield? It also doesn't fit cannon for morgul blades, or morgul blade representation in the Peter Jackson movies, all of which they could ignore. It'll have something to do with lineage of the men who supported Morgoth.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Episode Five.

Surprised Theo gave the sword over to the elf.
Post 82 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
I never saw any LOTR movies until this past summer when my oldest daughter visited and we watched all six movies (extended version) in order starting with The Hobbit. I think they all were great. I have been watching the series and like it so far. Upset that many people feel Halbrand is or will be a bad guy. He's my favorite character by far
Post 83 IP   flag post
He'll probably be a good guy until the very end. If he does turn out to be the Witch King, that won't happen until he becomes king and receives one of the rings of power.
Post 84 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
He'll probably be a good guy until the very end. If he does turn out to be the Witch King, that won't happen until he becomes king and receives one of the rings of power.
if so then he would be the one that stabs Frodo in the fellowship?
Post 85 IP   flag post
That's thousands of years away.
Post 86 IP   flag post
Wow!!! A lot of questions and suppositions were answered and confirmed this episode!!!! I absolutely LOVED it!!!!
Post 87 IP   flag post
I haven't watched it yet. Now I'm scared to watch it in case something unexpected happens or some thing that might make me mad, lol.
Post 88 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
The latest episode...

Post 89 IP   flag post
I noticed it has a 3 out of 5 star rating. I would say it's a solid four.
Post 90 IP   flag post
Quote:
I noticed it has a 3 out of 5 star rating. I would say it's a solid four.

Definitely!!!
Post 91 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Halbrand is going to end up being Sauron. There are too many arrows pointing there. If not it will be "subversion" on the level of Arya Stark killing the Night King.

I'm still not in love with the series. You'd think for Amazon to spend a billion dollars on it they could have spent some on writers who knew pacing and prose.

The latest episode was a C from me. At least it was another Hobbit-free episode. I consider that a small victory.

Now, get off my lawn! 😆
Post 92 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Halbrand is going to end up being Sauron.

I don't know,that seems too easy. However, I do wonder that if there had been no Orc sightings for years + infinity and there had been peace for so long (again, years + infinity) that everyone assumed Sauron was dead or gone, then how old would Halbrand have to be for him and Adar to have known one another from a time of conflict?
Post 93 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
At least it was another Hobbit-free episode. I consider that a small victory.

Post 94 IP   flag post
Most action so far! Too bad there weren't alot if Hobbit's in this episode. Hopefully they will make up for it in episode 7. 🤣
Post 95 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
I'm going with the Maia or starman thats with the hobbits to be Gandolf

Halbrand is heading towards becoming Surmon.. based on what he has said in episodes 4,5 & 6.. He stated that he done alot of bad things.. he seems to be like the elves' long living or Immortal and he now is king of the southlands which fought with Morgoth in the past..

And the people (Maia's)in white that visited the burn site have something to do with the white wizard..

anyway i think its pretty good so far.. I'll probably watch the whole (hobitts & ring) series after this one ends

I love to read so I may even Kindle the book..
Post 96 IP   flag post
I hope they don't drag out the identity of the Stranger. That's one thing that killed Twin Peaks, dragging out Laura Palmer's murderer for nineteen forevers.
Post 97 IP   flag post
Well, we did have to have Mount Doom, as that is where the one ring is forged. I was surprised to see that the tunnels were constructed for a reason other than the Orcs to move around without getting out in to the sun light.

I do think that Sauron will do a dirty on Adar. Adar wanted to establish a home for the Orcs, that was his motivation for digging the tunnels to ignite Mount Doom and turning the Southlands into what becomes Mordor. Sauron takes it for his stronghold.
Post 98 IP   flag post
Couldn't sleep. Watched episode 7.

The positive is that it wasn't so boring as to put me to sleep.

The negative is I wish it had. No real questions answered. The big reveal at the end of the episode is something anyone marginally committed to watching the series already knew.
Post 99 IP   flag post
Oh, I almost forgot. There are plenty of Hobbitses in this episode for @SteveRicketts to love. ❤️
Post 100 IP   flag post
Well, this episode was definitely slower. I still enjoyed it though, especially the dwarves scenes.
Post 101 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Here's my review of this episode... 💩
#boredoftherings
Post 102 IP   flag post
If they conclude the season without reviling the identity of the Stranger, then I might just have a come apart.
Post 103 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 104 IP   flag post
Quote:
I hope they don't drag out the identity of the Stranger. That's one thing that killed Twin Peaks, dragging out Laura Palmer's murderer for nineteen forevers.
yeah but still a really good show
Post 105 IP   flag post
601425 165 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?