Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Element_Lad private msg quote post Address this user
Found a stash of comics in my spouse's childhood home's attic. A lot of them are in "very" rough shape. But I came across this issue of "Madde" magazine that is actually comic sized. Could be pressed. Some small tears except in the lower right corner. Not sure what grade it would get. But since it is the size of a comic book, can it be considered a comic for submission purposes?

Post 1 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not sure about the comic question but I'm 100% certain that's the best smile I've seen so far today!
Post 2 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
even with the name. Its a special Mad Magazine issue which is well a magazine from 76.
Post 3 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Ebay results are plentiful. None graded that I could see though.

Given the prices and quantity available, it might not be worth grading from a money perspective.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
even with the name. Its a special Mad Magazine issue which is well a magazine from 76.

Well poop! I was hoping it could be snuck in. Has anyone submitted a magazine yet? Is it the same as with comics?

By the way, there were issues of comics in such bad shape that would break the heart of a diamond.
Post 5 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Who is this?

Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Ebay results are plentiful. None graded that I could see though.

Given the prices and quantity available, it might not be worth grading from a money perspective.

It would be more for childhood memories than profit.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMorse
Who is this?

Maybe John Dickinson who refused to sign the Declaration of Independence.

Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Who is this?

Or it just some guy in a wig and high heels!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Element_Lad
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55

Well poop! I was hoping it could be snuck in. Has anyone submitted a magazine yet? Is it the same as with comics?

By the way, there were issues of comics in such bad shape that would break the heart of a diamond.

As far as 'magazine' goes, this is one of those occasions when it really is the size and not what you do with it. If it's comic-size, it's submitted as a comic, so you shouldn't have to wait for magazine-size slabs to finally go live.

Quote:

LOLLL!! He also looks like he's getting the heck out of Dodge. Did he smell't it or did he dealt it?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
As far as 'magazine' goes, this is one of those occasions when it really is the size and not what you do with it. If it's comic-size, it's submitted as a comic, so you shouldn't have to wait for magazine-size slabs to finally go live.

Quote:

LOLLL!! He also looks like he's getting the heck out of Dodge. Did he smell't it or did he dealt it?

Maybe it was wet too!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Well he's restraining a very fired up Ben Franklin - that's all I have at the moment...
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Well he's restraining a very fired up Ben Franklin - that's all I have at the moment...

Or offering a hug. I mean he is in a wig and high heels!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:

If our guy, Ben, is that fired up, then I think we all know who dealt it... Alfred.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Who is this?

Alex Hamilton? Seems like his type of party...
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

If our guy, Ben, is that fired up, then I think we all know who dealt it... Alfred.

Maybe that's a smile of relief.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe that's a smile of relief.

Then it really was a wet one. Good call @Element_Lad !
Post 17 IP   flag post
Working with 18th century portraits and a 20th century Madde cover is quite the experience!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Final answer: Hamilton
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:

Hamilton was away on Broadway promoting his own historical take on the signing. I think Alfred was a spy for Burr!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Who is this?

Alex Hamilton? Seems like his type of party...

Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:

I'm sorry @WMorse but you failed to answer in the form of a question. - Alex Trebek from the great beyond
Post 22 IP   flag post
600891 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?