Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestionsSignatures

Oversized comics and Grading/boarding18322

Collector Lobofan private msg quote post Address this user
Is grading and boarding of oversized comics .. a thing? and if so is it worth it? Somewhere among my mess, I have the Flash vs Superman large comic, and a Legion of Superheroes issue. I know the FvS one probably isn't woth grading, especially since as a kid I colored in the flash picture in the back(if I remember correctly), but is either worth boarding and are there any writers/artist still out there to get them signed by?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobofan
Is grading and boarding of oversized comics .. a thing? and if so is it worth it? Somewhere among my mess, I have the Flash vs Superman large comic, and a Legion of Superheroes issue. I know the FvS one probably isn't woth grading, especially since as a kid I colored in the flash picture in the back(if I remember correctly), but is either worth boarding and are there any writers/artist still out there to get them signed by?

They’re usually referred to as Treasury editions.

CBCS will raw grade them.

CBCS Raw Grade

Probably not worth it unless they are very high grade.

You can buy bags and boards for them.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Element_Lad private msg quote post Address this user
I have a few of these myself. So would be curious if these would be considered magazines instead.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Vrishnak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Element_Lad
I have a few of these myself. So would be curious if these would be considered magazines instead.

They're larger than a magazine. No holder exists for these. So it's Raw Grade as Captain Canuck pointed out.
Post 4 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user

They'll bag and board it and put a sticker on it. So, the condition can still change. But it's the only decent option out there. There just aren't enough of them to make it worth manufacturing the special size case.

As someone said, they do make treasury size bags and boards. I had to buy a bunch a while back.

The bag in the image that CBCS uses looks rather large though. Lots of room for movement. Mine aren't like that.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I have submitted a few Treasuries to CBCS for Raw Grading. They use Life magazine-sized mylar bags, and they are a little roomy. There are two tamper-resistant stickers on the back flap.

Post 6 IP   flag post
601262 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?