Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Who is Responsible for the Cost to Relabel and Shipping?18321

Collector Element_Lad private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted two books at FAN EXPO Boston last month with sketch covers that had witnessed signatures. When they were entered into the system they had the wrong names for the artist. I have tried emailing CS multiple times, left a voicemail on the CS number and even emailed the North East sales rep looking to correct this issue. I have never received any responses. My next question is if they come back with the wrong artist names or are not ASP'd, who is responsible for the relabeling and shipping to correct the books? I have everything documented and have all the emails I have sent plus the con forms I was given.

Order #22-2F34955

Artist name should be Tom Reilly

Order #22-2F67AE9

Artist name should be Ryan Santos
Post 1 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
For cracked slabs I've always shipped them back and CBCS took care of it and ate return shipping. I'm not sure if this is still the process. Ive heard of people getting their return shipping reimbursed but I've always been happy to get the show on the road and pay for that myself when I want to send them.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
For cracked slabs I've always shipped them back and CBCS took care of it and ate return shipping. I'm not sure if this is still the process. Ive heard of people getting their return shipping reimbursed but I've always been happy to get the show on the road and pay for that myself when I want to send them.

My issue is not just the shipping, but who to contact if I have to return to get them corrected in the first place? What do I need to supply. Copies of the original con submissions, the emails, both? No one responds there, so how do I know they will fix their own mistakes? I have a friend in the Dallas area. Like I have said before I may just go for a visit and show up at the new location. I deserve a response. We all do. So don't call me a Karen because no one cares. Squeaky wheels!

I am new to this game but I already have a large number of books with them. My very first three submissions from FAN EXPO Boston 2021 are entering into Production. Hurray!! One was not pressed (I was refunded according to the invoice) but my credit card does not so that yet.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I fill out a re holder form. I tell them in hand writing on that form they are replacements for the book and the book number I've just received. I send a PM to Darryl H telling him they are coming back. The bill on the re holder is never going to be charged. Like I said, I'm not sure how much I'd trust it now but thats always what I've done. I had 3 cracked in my last batch I didn't send back because I wasn't as confident in these current situations.
Post 4 IP   flag post

Post 5 IP   flag post
Sorry guv, thats the best I've got.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Sorry guv, thats the best I've got.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
A friend of mine had the same worry - cbcs grader caught it before it was slabbed and sent the correct slabbed artists name.

They'll catch it. (I think).
Post 8 IP   flag post
Issue has been resolved. Thanks everyone and thank you Darryl Hayden.
Post 9 IP   flag post
603454 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?