Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Restoration and ConservationGrading Help Needed

Info Collecting18320

Collector khodd private msg quote post Address this user
Newbie who received a comic book surplus from a friend. Was fortunate enough to have a couple in great shape and possibly worth $. Debating if it's worth getting it graded. Concerned about sending via mail in case anything happens to it. What are your opinions and experiences? thks (Amazing Spider-man 300 from 1988)
Post 1 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
That book is worth a press and grade.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Doesn't appear to need pressing, but definately slab it and put it away.

Many will say press it anyway.
Post 3 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Press screen and grade
Post 4 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
If you're going to grade it, press it. Those non-color breaking creases that you can't see through the bag need some loving.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Pressing costs a few bucks and some time. More than worth it to avoid the heartbreak of “light bends” on your book’s grader notes.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector khodd private msg quote post Address this user
Thks so far, I will likely sell it at some point but want to preserve it in the meantime. From what I've read graded are more valuable then raw at 9.4 or higher depending on the condition etc.
Worried about losing it or it getting damaged in the mail. Im in eastern Canada so it would have a long journey to get graded.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Shipping:

I've found that when shipping to both companies for grading....place the book in-between pieces of cardboard for security....tape secure with painters tape on each edge....ship in a gemini/omni mailer.

Safely moved prior to slabbing.

**yeah..Press and very light clean (doesn't hurt either).

Good luck.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
first appearance of Venom...get it graded. if shipping is an issue. wait till there is a convention nearby. usually cbcs and/or cgc (though we reconmend cbcs) will be there. then do a submission
Post 9 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@khodd
Definitely send in for grading. That's going to be a profitable book in just about any condition and that one looks nice. I would also get that pressed, but select a press pre-screen, too, so if the presser takes a look and thinks a press won't improve the condition, they won't do it.

@ZosoRocks has some pretty good instructions for how to ship safely up above.

Welcome to the forum!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by khodd
Newbie who received a comic book surplus from a friend. Was fortunate enough to have a couple in great shape and possibly worth $. Debating if it's worth getting it graded. Concerned about sending via mail in case anything happens to it. What are your opinions and experiences? thks (Amazing Spider-man 300 from 1988)

Should eventually get it graded. Let’s see the back. The black spine is known for color breaking ticks.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
I’ll give ya the 66 bucks for it 😜, like everyone has pointed out, it’s definitely worth the press and grade.
Post 12 IP   flag post
597867 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?