Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSP

Multiple Signatures but only get one verified, is that possible?18311

Collector cakenut private msg quote post Address this user
I have a Daredevil book with a Stan Lee signature and then two actors from the Daredevil show signatures. Can I just ask for the Stan Lee verified? How would CBCS treat the other signatures? Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
They would prolly treat it as writing on cover and deduct points for it. If you are going to verify one I suggest you do all or none
Post 2 IP   flag post
Got it, thanks for the reply, just was trying to save a few bucks. I'll pony up I guess.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector consumetheliving private msg quote post Address this user
They will treat the other sigs as unverified and state that on the label. I believe they will still give you the yellow label as CBCS doesn't differentiate (by label color) qualified grades (CGC Green label).
Post 4 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Before you mail it in I suggest you do a pre screen fir stans signature. There are lotsa folks that have failures due to his signature changing all the time. Go to Beckett site and select the option that allows them to pre-screen his signature.

Edit

https://www.beckett-authentication.com/services/signature-review
Post 5 IP   flag post
Ah, neat service, never saw that before, thanks.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
they have to grade all 3. If you dont, even if 100% legit. will treated the same as a 3 year old drawing a picture on it. so it will affect grade. thats why Im holding off getting my secret wars #8 and Edge of spiderverse #2 graded. they are both signed by 3 people (zeck, dell and beatty for sw8 and latour, renzi and rodriguez for eosv2) till I take care of my non signed valuable issues. even those two issues are likely my most valuable.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Before you mail it in I suggest you do a pre screen fir stans signature. There are lotsa folks that have failures due to his signature changing all the time. Go to Beckett site and select the option that allows them to pre-screen his signature.

Edit

https://www.beckett-authentication.com/services/signature-review

This, and, if you're more interested in slabbing due to the sigs than the grade; do a slab only submission (where they encapsulate, but you don't get a grade on the comic.). That will reduce the price some and you don't have to worry about the additional scribbles on the cover.

I'd probably drop the money on getting all three verified if it were me. Despite the cost increase, it makes for a better final product.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
if you dont want the book graded, you can just have the sigs verified and then slabbed.
Post 9 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
If you end up getting them all verified, and others would know better than me, but there is probably an option to not have it encapsulated if one of the sigs fails. Sounds like that's not what you want, so just be aware.

Saw a guy on YT get a book back from CBCS with 4 sigs on it, including Lee. Ungraded, with a sticker that just said "bad sig". No mention of which sig, just the book with a sticker.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
If you end up getting them all verified, and others would know better than me, but there is probably an option to not have it encapsulated if one of the sigs fails. Sounds like that's not what you want, so just be aware.

Saw a guy on YT get a book back from CBCS with 4 sigs on it, including Lee. Ungraded, with a sticker that just said "bad sig". No mention of which sig, just the book with a sticker.

one of the reasons why Im at least at the moment hesitent to get my signed comics graded. they might be worth the most, I know they are 100% but (on top of also very expensive to authenticate) there is the chance maybe one of the guys slightly made a mistake with their signature...so becomes "bad"
Post 11 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
I recently had a book verified and graded with four signatures on it. I knew there was a risk that some of the signatures would not be verifiable, even though I had personally witnessed each one. But you need to think about why you are having the signatures verified and the book encapsulated; is it for your own collection, or for possible resale? I wanted mine graded and encapsulated either way, as it was for my own collection. I spent way more than the book is worth to do it. But even if it had failed verification, I would have been happy to have my memories protected. Since I don't do resale, I would say to get all of them verified. But it has to be balanced against your plans for the book.

Post 12 IP   flag post
600906 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?