Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededQuestions

Batman Adventures 12 Staple Question18305

Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktocktyler
Keep the book. Unless they completely botch Harley Quinn, that book will only become more coveted and valuable. I personally wouldn't send it to be graded at this point. Just put it somewhere cool, dark and dry and grade it at some point in the future.
when it will cost more to have graded?

Who cares? The value will far outstrip the grading price. Or NEVER have it graded. it's a#12. By the look of it around a 9.4 or 9.6.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Keep the book. Unless they completely botch Harley Quinn, that book will only become more coveted and valuable. I personally wouldn't send it to be graded at this point. Just put it somewhere cool, dark and dry and grade it at some point in the future.

Who cares? The value will far outstrip the grading price. Or NEVER have it graded. it's a#12. By the look of it around a 9.4 or 9.6.

9.4 max is my guess. Top spine.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Quote:

Exactly. Grade it now. Keep it if you want to keep it. Being graded will make it easier to sell for top dollar when you want to liquidate.

Sure. Like it will be difficult to sell ungraded. I can almost feel some forum members here jumping out of their skin at the possibility of buying the book. LOL!
Post 28 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
No mention of difficulty selling it raw....but it certainly will be easier to sell it slabbed and for more money than raw.....if that book keeps going up in value as you say, then Yes, it will be more expensive to grade later. The smart move is to grade it now and sell it when he feels like it.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Quote:

Exactly. Grade it now. Keep it if you want to keep it. Being graded will make it easier to sell for top dollar when you want to liquidate.

Sure. Like it will be difficult to sell ungraded. I can almost feel some forum members here jumping out of their skin at the possibility of buying the book. LOL!
😴
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
No mention of difficulty selling it raw....but it certainly will be easier to sell it slabbed and for more money than raw.....

Funny thing, that. The additional value seems to be the cost of grading that keeps getting passed from seller to buyer ad infinitum. But that's just polemics, I suppose.

I am in the unfortunate position of admiring the book(s) itself and firstly. So, that's where I come from when I see this sort of thing. Just adding what EYE would do since the owner asked what HE should do. It's hard for me to treat a hobby I love as the NY Stock Exchange.
Post 31 IP   flag post
600771 31 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?