Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Pop CultureQuestions

Mjolnir vs Stormbreaker18298

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
@GAC I knew you were gonna show that pic.

Cheers brother!!! Long live the mighty DP!! šŸ¤˜
Post 26 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Saw Deep Purple in concert a few years ago (pre-COVID). Freakin' excellent concert! They put on an amazing show. See them if you get the chance.
Post 27 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Saw Deep Purple in concert a few years ago (pre-COVID). Freakin' excellent concert! They put on an amazing show. See them if you get the chance.

Awesome!! I have not seen them...they're definitely a bucket list band.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd

Awesome!! I have not seen them...they're definitely a bucket list band.

Do it! They don't sound like old-timey rockers AT ALL! They blasted that venue, so bring your earplugs.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
RIP Jon Lord

Sorry to OT the thread. This is about hammers.
Post 30 IP   flag post

We swerved off into Deep Purple territory, so a shout-out to the late Jon Lord is not entirely inappropriate. RIP
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
If we are following the MCU then Iā€™d take Strombreaker. It revived Thor after he helped re-lit the forge. It was the only weapon that ever did damage to Thanos by being driven into his chest and it cut off his right arm. Also, it was used to cut his head off. It summed the Bifrost Bridge to Wakanda. Lastly, Thor had the opportunity to use either Mjolnir or Streambreaker in Endgame. He traded Mjolnir away to Steve for Strombreaker. That in itself is maybe the most important fact that can be provided as to which one should be picked.
Post 32 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
If we are following the MCU then Iā€™d take Strombreaker. It revived Thor after he helped re-lit the forge. It was the only weapon that ever did damage to Thanos by being driven into his chest and it cut off his right arm. Also, it was used to cut his head off. It summed the Bifrost Bridge to Wakanda. Lastly, Thor had the opportunity to use either Mjolnir or Streambreaker in Endgame. He traded Mjolnir away to Steve for Strombreaker. That in itself is maybe the most important fact that can be provided as to which one should be picked.

Based on the movies this suggests Mjolnir is more powerful in virtually all cases. Thor is a god, wielding a weapon. He didnā€™t need Mjolnir. Captain America is a human who lacks intrinsic power. Mjolnir bestows powers on its wielder.

So this suggests that in anyoneā€™s hands other than Thor (assuming ability to lift the dang thing) Mjolnir is what you want. But for Thor, heā€™s perhaps marginally better off with SB.

As a team effort it also makes sense to maximize the teamā€™s strength over any individual.

Custom fit vs off the rack.
Post 33 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Stormbreaker is instantly the better weapon.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
What a shock, Daveā€™s post was the opposite of mine. šŸ˜‚
Post 35 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
What a shock, Daveā€™s post was the opposite of mine. šŸ˜‚

I aim to displease!

Edit: is my assessment wrong? I actually agreed with you - that giving it to Cap definitively shows which is the better weapon. Also note I said for Thor SB is perhaps marginally betterā€¦
Post 36 IP   flag post
I award you no pointsĆ¢ā‚¬Ā¦ stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
The part thatā€™s a bit lost to me is Odins ā€œspellā€ on Mjolnir. Considering SB had no such encantation I would assume Mjolnir is better. Also is it fair to say you have to be worthy of Mjolnir to handle SB? Mjolnir also shows a hint of self awareness, as shown it was going to a new person as Thor was having SB buried into his chest.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley_1883
The part thatā€™s a bit lost to me is Odins ā€œspellā€ on Mjolnir. Considering SB had no such encantation I would assume Mjolnir is better. Also is it fair to say you have to be worthy of Mjolnir to handle SB? Mjolnir also shows a hint of self awareness, as shown it was going to a new person as Thor was having SB buried into his chest.

The 'spell' on Mjolnir is entirely Marvel Mythology and has nothing to do with Norse Mythology. That being said, Mjolnir does have some level of self-awareness, as I understand it. However, the reason only Thor wields Mjolnir has nothing to do with either of those things. When Brokk (dwarven smith) and Sindri (working the bellows) were creating Mjolnir, Loki, in the form of a fly, was trying to botch their work. He landed on Brokk and stung him between his eyes, to the point where blood got in his eyes, and he couldn't see. In the end, while Loki failed to ruin the item they were forging (no one but Brokk knew it was a thunder hammer at the time), Mjolnir did end up with a shortened handle. This short handle meant that only the most powerful could wield the hammer under the best of circumstances, and Thor - the only one who could hold the hammer - often wore a mail glove or gauntlet to protect his hand. This is why, in some artwork, Thor is shown as having a glove or gauntlet on just his right hand.
Post 38 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley_1883
Also is it fair to say you have to be worthy of Mjolnir to handle SB?

No, Stormbreaker doesn't have the "worthy" spell.
Post 39 IP   flag post
600813 39 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?