Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededQuestions

How will these defects effect the grade?18284

Collector Skcatch private msg quote post Address this user
I have x2 Ironheart#1 Skottie Young variants and thinking about getting one graded. Both are in pretty much the same condition but each one has a specific defect I am worried about. Book #1 has a 1/16 inch tear/color break in the left corner and Book#2 has some light color rub/dirt next to the top staple. Assuming with a press the books would be 9.8/9.6, would these defects drop both below a 9.4? Collecting my fav Skottie Young covers and don't want to go below a 9.4. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector consumetheliving private msg quote post Address this user
Depends on my over spray is on the entire book. I'd say your skurting 9.8 but it will depend on the grader and grading company.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Skcatch
You can send them both in and set a grade pre-screen at 9.4 so if they go below that, they won't get slabbed.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd wanted to send to CGC for skottie young signing and they don't do prescreen for signature series.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Skcatch
No, they don't! I wish they did. I've had a few books I would have liked to get signed, but not if the condition was below a certain point.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
This has got to be my favorite Skottie Young variant so far.

Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks
This has got you be my favorite Skottie Young variant so far.

That one is pretty cool but I only have this one
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector JGRNOT private msg quote post Address this user
Picked this up at a Half Price books. What is this? Color rub? Otherwise the book is tight. Sharp corners. Very flat.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@JGRNOT
Is that a printing defect? The bit closer to the spine might be a rub, but I have questions. A rub doesn't usually have such clearly defined white spots against a dark background.

Here's a couple of rubs on a Moon Knight cover:

The white spots don't have a distinct border.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector JGRNOT private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd Ty for the example. I'm not sure. I was hoping someone had more knowledge/insight.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@JGRNOT on the right day Half Price is a gold mine.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRNOT
Picked this up at a Half Price books. What is this? Color rub? Otherwise the book is tight. Sharp corners. Very flat.

This could be an example of color lift instead of color rub...but still doesn't quite look right. It's just as likely some sort of chemical splattered on the cover and the ink came off.
Post 12 IP   flag post
600893 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?