Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Rumor/Hearsay: Implications of a CBCS Name Change18281

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haljordanfan
@GAC - My favorite album.

It's a great record!
Post 51 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Surely they wouldn't change the name right?

One implication is that eventually (not even that long)and people will not remember that CBCS was a thing - so what happens to values of CBCS slabs - talking PGX level of discount when trying to sell?

They gonna offer free reslab and label change?? 100% if I were CGC I would honor all VSP and Witnessed comics and put a promo to switch old CBCS to CGC...and I would probably partake. PC books while I don't care now my family will when they go to sell once I'm gone.

If CBCS has slowly been taking market share and closing the gap in sale prices a change in name would be several steps backwards...to the point where they may never recover.

I know CBCS has other fires to put out but they should get in front of this name change rumor - if it is even potentially real then I and everyone else should stop all business with CBCS and wait for the new name or be left with slabs from a defunct brand that will likely sell at a discount (yeah, yeah...PC books - but eventually those will have to be sold too even if by the estate)

For me if the new name is Beckett then I guess I just grade with CGC?
Post 52 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
While I definitely do not want a name change, I'm not 100% convinced that if it happens it will have a negative impact on the sale of CBCS slabs. Its definitely a possibility but it could have the opposite effect as well amongst collectors who trust the CBCS grade more than what would be currently on the market....but I'd really rather not test that theory.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
They should just go by Beckett Book Certification or BBC at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotKeyComics
that's not an acronym they should put on a slab. it has other meanings.

In addition to the one you are thinking of. Here's a fairly obnoxious one from the...90's?

Post 54 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
The labels already exist with the slab-only VSP option.

Getting closer to looking as stupid as the CGC label with the big white price tag on one side and the shiny stick-on hologram on the other.
What's wrong with the current subtle label? Put Beckett on the back if they feel the need.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Adding a Beckett logo to the label wouldn't bother me in the least as they are the parent company and I understand why a company would want to do that.

Removing the CBCS logo/name would not make sense to me and clearly suggests big internal changes that we wouldn't know are for better or worse.

It's a time of flux....again. I really really really hope CBCS finds stability soon.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotKeyComics
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
B-CBCS: Beckett Comic Book Certification Services

They should just go by Beckett Book Certification or BBC at that point.

that's not an acronym they should put on a slab. it has other meanings.

LOL - add in Benny Hill's face and I think we have a champion!! 😆
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
FYI - MANY companies own other companies and names never change.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector Elvinv private msg quote post Address this user
Just thinking. It might stop all future liabilities in its tracks.
Post 59 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
A name change would be as good of an idea as sending comics out-of-office to be catalogued.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 61 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvinv
Just thinking. It might stop all future liabilities in its tracks.

Because no company remaining in business to sue?
Post 62 IP   flag post
604039 62 12
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.