Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS Official Statement18276

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't go read tbem but the obe you tube guy comics investing said his comments section said there were others with missing books
Post 26 IP   flag post
It's chicken Monday. Rush_is_a_band private msg quote post Address this user
I normally would react with snark, but this actually really sucks for the people impacted.

As it stands, this statement does nothing but make me nervous.

Who was impacted?
When were the missing books submitted?
What will be done to make this right?
How will we know our books are accounted for?

Will we ever get answers to any of these questions?

I judge an organization based on how they perform in bad situations. CBCS is officially on the clock.

Honesty, ownership, and transparency are key. The statement helps with the ownership part so far.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector radd76 private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics maybe just fuzzies with no warm. Definitely no warm.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I don't know...recent events do not leave me with warm and fuzzy feelings about doing future business with CBCS.

Rumors of CBCS changing their name also makes me want to start grading again with a more stable name in the industry

Maybe just fuzzies with no warm… Definitely no warm.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush_is_a_band
I normally would react with snark, but this actually really sucks for the people impacted.

As it stands, this statement does nothing but make me nervous.

Who was impacted?
When were the missing books submitted?
What will be done to make this right?
How will we know our books are accounted for?

Will we ever get answers to any of these questions?

I judge an organization based on how they perform in bad situations. CBCS is officially on the clock.

Honesty, ownership, and transparency are key. The statement helps with the ownership part so far.

Its definitely worrisome. But if they said they will make things right, you can expect compensation for lost books based on market value. Key word is "expect". No guarantees...
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Why does it take over a year to get the statement? The books were lost in July 2021, right? Better yet, is CBCS going to be transparent about how they will “make it right”? Does that mean somebody is getting the FMV of the books that were lost, that they are getting books to replace the books that were lost, or a credit on future grading services for the FMV of the lost books?
Post 31 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Publicly admitting they made a mistake and an official message from the big guy - that's what a company and/or individual does with integrity and transparency to begin rectifying.

Bravo.

I have been highly critical of CBCS lately starting with "help is coming" = "new Express service".
But true color show when there is an admission of a mistake and taking action to rectify. Not tripling down like "CGC Mike" or whoever that clown is.
Post 32 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
At least this explains the "no movement" on books I have sitting at CBCS. I would have no issue if they were my books, but they are customers books sent in a long time ago.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
I have to say...
This is, IMO, way better than getting flipped the bird. *cough*CGC*cough*

Applause
Post 34 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I really can’t believe the responses that say something along the line of “transparency”, “this is what a company should do”, and giving “props”. What about all the other crap everyone else has dealt with from CBCS from the last year they don’t give statements about? They lose 300 some books due to stupid decisions and we say “at least they gave us a statement, that’s what real companies do”? Real companies don’t just mail shit wherever they want. They really should have kept their mouth shut because everyone who has seen ZERO movement with their books is going to be trying to contact the non existent CS. Hell, after submitting 5 months ago and no acknowledgement of arrival or billing, how do I know where those books are? Hey but I know how to fix lost books, free grading coupons for future books that now say “Beckett”.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector SixgunSamurai private msg quote post Address this user
I applaud CBCS for taking responsibility. This is definitely better than “well, things happen.”

However, there is no “making it right” for lost comics. Insured at their value a year ago? Well, they’re most likely worth more now and the customer can’t replace them with the insured value.

If they’ve been signed they could be hard to replace. Especially if the creator who signed has passed.

Original art on a blank cover? Impossible to replace.

Some comics also have sentimental value. Even if you can replace it, that isn’t the copy that the collector picked up with their birthday money in 1988 for $10. Or the copy that they picked up in 2000 after wandering into a comic store after an eight year hiatus that reignited their love of comics.
Post 36 IP   flag post
The price raise in April and the absurd Express option was probably planned to pay for all the lost books from last July. I’m happy they made a “statement” 14 months later as well.
Post 37 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixgunSamurai
Insured at their value a year ago? Well, they’re most likely worth more now and the customer can’t replace them with the insured value.

the market is down right now on most keys from 12 months ago, especially moderns.
Post 38 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad Very very very very fair points to be made. If I was one of the ones with my books lost, perhaps I'd have a different perspective.

I hated that Express option as well as "help on the TAT is coming!"
But I also am furious with that Bozo CGC Mike. That guy seriously lit my fuse with his response to acetategate
Post 39 IP   flag post
I’m just sad is all. I’m watching a company I really like and have been happy doing business with for the last five years epically fail.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Can I say "growing pains" or "they're working on it"?
Post 41 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I’m just sad is all. I’m watching a company I really like and have been happy doing business with for the last five years epically fail.

Thing is it doesn't seem shocking. There have been indications of a poorly run organization for a while now. I don't know if this is the straw that will break the camels back for me...but there are fewer and fewer straws left thats for sure
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector SixgunSamurai private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I don't know if this is the straw that will break the camels back for me...but there are fewer and fewer straws left thats for sure

I have hoped for the best for CBCS because it’s always bad for the consumer if there is only one big dog company to go to. We need an alternative to the other guys. It’s horrible timing that CBCS can’t really capitalize on the ill feelings towards the other guys after the C2E2 debacle. I’m sure CBCS got a lot of people looking at them as an alternative, but the absurd turn around times, the stories about customer service, and now this? Bad time to get extra eyes on the company.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector Lobofan private msg quote post Address this user
I hope they find some of the missing ones. I submitted 11 comics on one day, one was to be pressed and graded, the others were just doing signature verifications. the signature ones i got charged for and are showing in the dashboard, the other from that day does not. I've emailed with no response, and i just left a message on their customer service line. here is hoping,
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Haas
At CBCS we value integrity, and it has been a cornerstone of our company from the beginning. We’re launching a full investigation into what appears to be misplaced orders. We deeply apologize to the customers impacted, and we're going to do everything we can to understand what happened, make things right, and make sure nothing like this ever happens again

Will they disclose the results of this "investigation"? Books are insured and they should be paying the reported value in the submission form without further adieu.

It really hurts to have become so dissapointed with a company that got my complete endorsement since its foundation.

Having lost the face of the company is not helping either.

I really hoped CBCS would be better but alas we dont always get what we wish for.
Post 45 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
@HeinzDad Very very very very fair points to be made. If I was one of the ones with my books lost, perhaps I'd have a different perspective.

I hated that Express option as well as "help on the TAT is coming!"
But I also am furious with that Bozo CGC Mike. That guy seriously lit my fuse with his response to acetategate

He's just the CGC forum presence. As for the company statements, he only says what CGC allows him to say. I wouldn't blame him for anything that upset you.
Post 46 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I really can’t believe the responses that say something along the line of “transparency”, “this is what a company should do”, and giving “props”. What about all the other crap everyone else has dealt with from CBCS from the last year they don’t give statements about? They lose 300 some books due to stupid decisions and we say “at least they gave us a statement, that’s what real companies do”? Real companies don’t just mail shit wherever they want. They really should have kept their mouth shut because everyone who has seen ZERO movement with their books is going to be trying to contact the non existent CS. Hell, after submitting 5 months ago and no acknowledgement of arrival or billing, how do I know where those books are? Hey but I know how to fix lost books, free grading coupons for future books that now say “Beckett”.

I think those statements are more damage control from people that have a lot of CBCS slabs and want to be optimistic about their future. I doubt they actually believe what they're saying.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Im sure many are worried "is it me?" "was it MY books?".

Let's just look at the law of averages for a second.

No clue how many books CBCS gets per week, but lets just play around for a second. Let's say they got 10,000 books in a 12 month period. Now lets say they lost 100.

That's 1%. One percent... So chances are VERY HIGH that no one who frequents these forums were affected.

There is no reason to fear.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
Im sure many are worried "is it me?" "was it MY books?".

Let's just look at the law of averages for a second.

No clue how many books CBCS gets per week, but lets just play around for a second. Let's say they got 10,000 books in a 12 month period. Now lets say they lost 100.

That's 1%. One percent... So chances are VERY HIGH that no one who frequents these forums were affected.

There is no reason to fear.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth.
You are 100% correct. I don’t legitimately believe I have any missing books. I’m sure a lot of others do though. Bring on the onslaught to the non existent CS.

Also, CGC’s f ups have nothing to do with what we have going on here. There isn’t really any reason to mention them..

@flanders, like many of us 90% of my graded books are from CBCS. I’ve always preferred them and that has been my choice. I just can’t lie to myself anymore though.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Is it not the case that if you did not use Clan McDonald as a facilitator then your books are not affected?
From what I understand it is 367 books in which Clan McDonald submitted as a facilitator on behalf of a customer base
Post 50 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think anything missing are books of mine. That said, I have 2 books sitting there from August 2021, though the invoice says heat seal now, so I think they're moving through the system.

But, I sent in a new shipment this month (August 15th). I see they got it and they have it as received and in pressing now, so that's good. But I think that will be my last shipment for a while. I haven't experienced much of anything negative myself (aside from the long waits), but there's just too much going on, and I'm getting pretty leery of their process, etc.. right now.

Think I'll give them time to sort their **** out.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector danmalek466 private msg quote post Address this user
Apologies if asked already or posted somewhere, but how do we know who or what orders are affected?
Post 52 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by danmalek466
Apologies if asked already or posted somewhere, but how do we know who or what orders are affected?
@danmalek466

Clan McDonald (Steve) posted it on their Facebook- after going thru all the non-existent customer service (we all deal with)- the email he posted is from the president Jeromy Murray.
Post 53 IP   flag post
@danmalek466 and he asked that it not be reposted so I am honoring that- but it may still be on the group page-

Honestly if I were Clan McDonald I would not have exposed CBCS to this- just my opinion- because they have 10’s of thousands of CBCS slabs they sell and facilitate for- I would have apologized to my customers and pressed CBCS for reimbursement then passed right on to customers- tarnishing CBCS is hurting not only their stock but his own as well-

If I estimated I have 60% CGC 38% CBCS 2% other 😂
Post 54 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
I know there must be a very good reason to not make the list public, but I haven't a clue what it might be.
Post 55 IP   flag post
600482 128 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.