Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

CBCS Customer Service Automated response...18272

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Much of this year, I have been receiving the following automated acknowledgement with an assigned "Ticket #" from CS:

Dear Xxxxxx X,

Thank you for contacting CBCS Customer Services. This is an automated response confirming the receipt of your ticket. Our team will get back to you as soon as possible. When replying, please make sure that the ticket ID is kept in the subject so that we can track your replies.

Ticket ID: (#####)
Subject: 21-#X##XXX

Thanks & Regards,
CBCSCustomerService

However, for this past month, I have not been receiving any such response nor any response at all to my emails. Anyone else receiving responses this month?

Did the system get turned off? Is the CS person who handled this out? Seems that it stopped after the new move. Coincidence? Or, have I worn out my welcome?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Element_Lad private msg quote post Address this user
I also asked the group about this recently but was ignored. So it is not just customer service. But yes I have been not receiving these messages either. I had some major issues with books added after FAN EXPO Boston with incorrect artist names. I would love an explanation.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector hhernandez1 private msg quote post Address this user
Same here. It is like we have been ghosted
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector cck3z3r0 private msg quote post Address this user
I need to get in touch with someone because I had a book signed at Boston as well and realized they put the wrong date for the signing in the order (7/13/22 instead of 8/13/22) and they tried charging a credit card that expired even though I gave them a new one. Also, the balance is incorrect so I'm not paying it until it's changed. My books is in express tier so if it's going to be weeks or more to get a response, I won't be happy
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Cerebus3000 private msg quote post Address this user
I sent an email to CS on August 16 and did not receive an auto reply. It was my first contact with CS so I wasn't expecting an auto-reply. I still haven't received any sort of reply to what I believe are some pretty softball questions. I hope I don't end up dealing with any of the difficult issues related to missing books, incorrect charges, return of ungraded books, that have been discussed on the forums.
Post 5 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
However, for this past month, I have not been receiving any such response nor any response at all to my emails.

Don't feel lonely bud. Unfortunately, our pals at CBCS have not figured out how to reply to emails even in a remotely reasonable time (24 to 48 hours). They're in a new larger facility, should be enough room to hire a half dozen folks to answer the phone and emails...............
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:
However, for this past month, I have not been receiving any such response nor any response at all to my emails.

Don't feel lonely bud. Unfortunately, our pals at CBCS have not figured out how to reply to emails even in a remotely reasonable time (24 to 48 hours). They're in a new larger facility, should be enough room to hire a half dozen folks to answer the phone and emails...............

And it doesn't look like they're hiring more customer service representatives...

https://www.beckett.com/careers
Post 7 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67 - That’s just it though, i was getting near immediately automated responses until this month.
Post 8 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders

To be fair if you read the customer service on the media tab they include cbcs in that umbrella
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Nearmint67 - That’s just it though, i was getting near immediately automated responses until this month.

Yeah, I was too about 2 months or so back.
I was even posting how good they were doing.
I would send an email in the morning and by lunch I had a reply.
Once, they actually called me, even though I didn't request a call.
They were doing well.

But, as a business owner, I know the struggles with keeping qualified employees.
So without knowing for sure, it is possible that they have lost some of the recent hires.
Leaving them short handed again....

@flanders
Maybe becket should pay more to attract more quality help and retain them.
15.00 an hour (if they get that) doesn't go far in today's inflation.
Rent for a 2/1 is over 1,000.00. Food for 1 person 300.00-400.00, utilities, internet, TV, phone, fuel etc... Cost of living averaging over 2,000.00 a month or more in some places.
Doesn't leave much after withholdings.

Whatever the reason, it has to be addressed ASAP!
Multi-Million dollar companies have no excuse for poor customer service IMO...
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Is it so large that they can't find the desks with the computers on them?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoster43
Is it so large that they can't find the desks with the computers on them?

Post 12 IP   flag post
CBCS Staff, feel free to chime in on this.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
It's just growing pains
Over 2 years worth of
Post 14 IP   flag post
And still no responses. Sigh. How do I fix the artist names that were witnessed and were entered incorrectly?

Post 15 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 16 IP   flag post
Ok so I sent an email to the Northeast Sales Rep (Charlie Stabile) with my issues with artists names being incorrect and needing correction since I got no response from emailing CS or calling the CBCS number and having to leave a voice mail. AND...(drum roll) no response! (gasps of shock from the crowd). Do I need to board a plane and drive a rental to the new facility to actually get someone to talk to me? Because if I have to I just might.
Post 17 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Quote:

And it doesn't look like they're hiring more customer service representatives...

That's either because they're deaf and blind, or simply don't care.
Post 18 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

In fairness their Operations Associate role covers some customer service.

On the other hand, typos in job descriptions reduce confidence in a company built on reputation for attention to detail and accuracy.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
I, too wish there were more comic books about classical composers.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not what I see when I click on that link....CBCS is hiring "operations associates" and graders, the stated duties for the former look like customer service rep duties.

Granted, it's been a while since I've subbed any books to CBCS (or CGC, for that matter) but last time I subbed to CBCS, I had no issues and got the book back in like 2 weeks.

I do plan on subbing to both companies at Baltimore, everything will be fast tracked and already pressed. Most books will probably go to CGC, and I'm subbing in person to minimize potential f-ups.

I damn sure don't expect to wait a 12 months to get any books back, TAT should be around a month give or take 2 weeks, across the board on all books I sub to both companies.
Post 21 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
this is really starting to look like a company that is about to either be bought out or undergo a drastic change.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Update - Received a response with both ticket number and actual non-automated response to the email that I sent to CBCS CS on 8/18.

This Thread / Ticket can be closed.
Post 23 IP   flag post
601210 23 23
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.