Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Signatures

Questions about Signature Verification18259

Collector earthprime private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone! Two questions when it comes to signature verification:

1) I have a comic that was signed at a trade show in the 90's. I don't have any "witnessed" paper-work to verify the event - it was me standing in line to get the signature in-person. I want to have the signature verified (and then graded). When I complete the submission form, do I select the signature "First Verified" option?

2) I have a second comic that is a 'Dynamic Forces' exclusive signature. It includes a Certificate of Authenticity. Would this also be the "First Verified" option, or would the COA allow for the "Add Authentic" option?
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
1) Yes, you use the”First Verified” option for the first signature that is verified and the “Verified Plus” option to add additional signatures to be verified (if needed)

2) CoAs are NOT considered in the verification process. I would not even include the CoA when you submit the book (SOP would be to return the CoA but why include something that they could misplace) So no, having a CoA does not qualify it as a authentic signature. You would have to use the “First Verified” option again.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Madman private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, for both, just add verified. The COAs are not taken in consideration here. I went through the same situation. Hope that helps.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
In both cases, they would be VSP candidates, because you would need an authorized CBCS witness present at the time of signing to qualify for ASP. Keep your COA, since Beckett uses their own verification method.

Welcome to the Forum!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Also depending on the signature and time frame, dynamic forces sigs can be problematic getting through VSP.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman
Hello, for both, just add verified. The COAs are not taken in consideration here. I went through the same situation. Hope that helps.

Was your comic still graded as "... signed by"?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thank you everyone - this is very helpful information.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthprime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman

Was your comic still graded as "... signed by"?

Assuming it passes verification the label will say something to the effect of “Verified Signature”

Post 8 IP   flag post
601461 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?