Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Toys

Grading Action Figures18257

Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
A friend of mine has a few rare early Star Wars action figures that he would like to get graded and encapsulated in some way. I really don't know anything about action figures, but he came to me knowing I was a comic book guy.

Is there a go-to grading company for action figures? I did come across CGA Grading, but I don't know anything about them.

Is there a price guide?

Any advice or experience would be welcome. Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
I looked into it a while back, but didn’t have any action figures to warrant the cost. It looked like Diamond/CGA/AFA and CAS were the better ones in the US.

UKG in the UK and its neighbors.

AFA
CAS
UKG
Post 2 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
I just got some graded items back from CGA. They were submitted in March under their express tier. For whatever reason they still have their regular turnaround times posted. It's 6 months plus at his point. Their loose figure grading may be slightly faster.

I use them for all my toys. They do a good job

Post 3 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
If i were to grade. would grade my still with card (pretty near mint) yellow power ranger auto morpher. Paid $20 for at it a convention. seen figures from line simular condition sell for $50

I do have a SDCC exclusive The Governor from walking dead (comic version) of his battle at the prison look. would grade that but card is very damaged. bought it cheap because of it from a seller at heroes con (charlotte, nc) who specializes into sdcc exclusive figures
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I've briefly considered getting my figures graded but I have zero knowledge on whether it'd be worth it or not. These are the figures I'm guessing would make the most sense if I were to do so. Do these figures have any value?

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
I bought a collection of loose Star Wars action figures at an Estate Auction of a collector several years ago. There are a couple in there that I've thought about grading. Like a Yoda with the orange snake. Looks perfect to me but still don't know if it's worth doing though.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
most of the toys I buy are outside the box. were bought that way at a convention. with the exception of one figure. thats my rule. keep them in the box/card regardless if older or new (I collect power rnagers toys). I do have pop figures but none are valuable. Maybe my spider-gwen were Latour, Renzi and Rodriguez all signed the box.

I do have a PX Lord Drakkon (plan on displaying it when my Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #9 comes back from grading) which says is one of 30,000. But last I checked...$25
Post 7 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
I’m a action figure collector. Here’s just a few of them. I’ll post more later this evening.

I have a grading company right near my backyard. In West Palm Beach. CAS. I’ve gotten one or two things graded. I’ll post more later

Post 8 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
@multi007 Nice! My friend’s uncle worked on a prototype for the star wars carbonite chamber set.

Besides filtering eBay for Sold Items, what resources show current values? Thanks!
Post 9 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@multi007

You're in west palm beach too? Small world
Post 10 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@multi007

You're in west palm beach too? Small world

North broward actually
Post 11 IP   flag post
Here’s more of my collection.

Post 12 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@multi007 Love that Cylon Centurion.

Does the Droid Factory have all its pieces? I had that when I was a kid. I spent lots of hours playing with that one.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@multi007 Love that Cylon Centurion.

Does the Droid Factory have all its pieces? I had that when I was a kid. I spent lots of hours playing with that one.

Yes -she is complete. 👍
Post 14 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@MrNotSoNice - I have used both AFA and CAS. Though I haven’t gad any graded since 2019, i would use either again but their prices was either very similar or very different depending on the item. TAT,s back then were similar to what we see now in comics.
Post 15 IP   flag post
The main difference between AFA and CAS are the cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake
@multi007 Nice! My friend’s uncle worked on a prototype for the star wars carbonite chamber set.

Besides filtering eBay for Sold Items, what resources show current values? Thanks!

I use this site for price guides, but there really isnt a replacement for ebay for real world CURRENT pricing.

https://www.actionfigure411.com/star-wars/
(scroll down to Kenner vintage series and click PRICE GUIDE. The "Vintage Collection" is just modern repros.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
Here’s more of my collection.

so many childhood memories in those photos..

Unfortunately my boxes are ripped to shreds and much loved toys probably still lost somewhere in backyard of childhood home

Thanks for sharing
Post 17 IP   flag post
597866 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?