Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original Artwork

what qualifies as "Original art"18255

Collector Lobofan private msg quote post Address this user
I had a t shirt airbrushed over 25 years ago inspired from a close up of Lobo's face (I think it was in issue zero from zero hour). Anyway that artist signed it, but my interest in getting it framed since I got it signed by Keith Giffen at Galaxycon in Richmond in 2019. Do t shirts count as art? and since K Giffen didn't make it and I'm not trying to pass it off as he did. Is this something that could be authenticated just that he did sign it?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Element_Lad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobofan
I had a t shirt airbrushed over 25 years ago inspired from a close up of Lobo's face (I think it was in issue zero from zero hour). Anyway that artist signed it, but my interest in getting it framed since I got it signed by Keith Giffen at Galaxycon in Richmond in 2019. Do t shirts count as art? and since K Giffen didn't make it and I'm not trying to pass it off as he did. Is this something that could be authenticated just that he did sign it?

Yes original art on fabric can be considered. As far as having the signature authenticated some original comic art auction houses may have that service available. It helps if you have supporting documentation for provenance. Also if you have the artist information who did the original airbrush that would help in their research and valuation. Some artist can certify their own signatures.
Post 2 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Lobofan

You can get a signature authenticated through Beckett or psa if I recall correctly. They authenticate baseballs and jerseys so I don't see why a t shirt would be any more difficult.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
original art is anything that was created for you (or original person). not print. regardless of what its on. Im sure if you got an artist to personally tattoo you...its original art.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Lobofan private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you all for your responses. Once my life gets a little less hectic, I'll get more into it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
600784 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?