Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPGrading Help NeededQuestionsSignatures

Facilitator Question18250

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
The confirmed number of lost books was originally 367 and all were submitted by one facilitator. Due to 55 books being entered twice, the number is 312 as of last night.

While 312 is a lower number, that's still A Lot of books to go missing.
Post 151 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
The confirmed number of lost books was originally 367 and all were submitted by one facilitator. Due to 55 books being entered twice, the number is 312 as of last night.

Thats what I understood. lol!! how do these #'s get inflated and reported then re-reported?

Yeah, I'm curious. Every thread/posting I've seen on here that mentions the number of books has said 367. Where the heck did 600+ come from?! That is a crazy-exaggerated number.
Post 152 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I thought it was 2073? J/K!!!
Ahhhhhh... the power of suggestion on social media
Post 153 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
The messed up thing is I'll probably wander on to some facebook group or some other platform full of sheep/ninkompoops and see "I heard that it was 2073 books that were lost".

I'll just facepalm and move on
Post 154 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
The most outrageous one I've heard so far is a pallet of graded and slabbed comics. SMH
Post 155 IP   flag post

Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I'm not exactly sure what this means. Are you saying that the person who's house these comics were delivered to inadvertently entered 55 comics into the system twice?

Curious ... approximately how long does it take to enter a comic into the system? Multiply that by 55. I'm guessing CBCS paid that guy (who more than likely was being paid OT) for that time?
Post 156 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Quote:

I'm not exactly sure what this means. Are you saying that the person who's house these comics were delivered to inadvertently entered 55 comics into the system twice?

Curious ... approximately how long does it take to enter a comic into the system? Multiply that by 55. I'm guessing CBCS paid that guy (who more than likely was being paid OT) for that time?

All I know is that Steve McDonald stated that 55 comics were processed twice by CBCS. How, when or by who, I have no clue.
Post 157 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Quote:

All I know is that Steve McDonald stated that 55 comics were processed twice by CBCS. How, when or by who, I have no clue.

Well, this is odd. (these are rhetorical)So he was waiting to receive 55 books that he had already received back? Or he was only missing 312, but was confused into thinking it was 367 by the CBCS system? With his meticulous record keeping; I'm not sure how he would have missed this prior to his posting about the issue.
Post 158 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Where's his Bat-Package?
Post 159 IP   flag post
@WMorse
Where indeed! And is some social media source exaggerating the dimensions of the Bat-Package for dramatic effect? That is the question.
Post 160 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
The most outrageous things I learned from this ranked…

1)someone in management thought it was a good idea to send submissions that had arrived at CBCS to an out of state employee’s home to be entered into the system. Then they followed through and did it.

and

2)a large customer had an “inside” contact to fix any issue with orders. In other words, a private customer service hook-up that took care of issues.
Post 161 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
The most outrageous one I've heard so far is a pallet of graded and slabbed comics. SMH

I guess we'll see.
We only know of 367 because the submitter of 367 went public.
Who knows the actual count.
Post 162 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Quote:

I guess we'll see.
We only know of 367 because the submitter of 367 went public.
Who knows the actual count.

Exactly, this is just one submitter. How many other submitters got their books lost and how many submissions did they send out to the employee(S) home? Also, how many books can one person enter into their system in a day? 60 books per hour (one book per minute)? In an eight hour shift that would be 480 books per shift. 30 books per hour (two books per minute) would be 240 books per shift.

It's hard to imagine that someone would think sending the equivalent of one day's work for one person would make a significant impact on their TAT unless they decided to do it for more than one day. If so, then the 360 books is probably not the true number of books sent to their employee's home.

Missing books is just one of the problems here. The other is a big one which is them sending them to an unsecured location, violating the trust of their customers and then ghosting them when they called to inquire about their books.
Post 163 IP   flag post
Steven McDonald posted this message in his group this morning. I am posting screenshots of the post with his permission.

Post 164 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O
Thank you for the update. Glad to see things are moving toward a resolution.
Post 165 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Unfortunately since they're only addressing the CMC books they're probably not going to release information on how many books they sent out to employee homes which is concerning.
Post 166 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
Unfortunately since they're only addressing the CMC books they're probably not going to release information on how many books they sent out to employee homes which is concerning.

Has CBCS made a public statement concerning what their investigation found, how many customers were effected, and how many books were lost?
Post 167 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE

Has CBCS made a public statement concerning what their investigation found, how many customers were effected, and how many books were lost?

I would be surprised if they did - they will likely just address this one customer without releasing any other info
Post 168 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
My sixth sense tells me a discount code will be coming soon. That oughta end the need to address the customer service issues or make a more detailed statement.
Post 169 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
My sixth sense tells me a discount code will be coming soon

I'll take a discount code...
Post 170 IP   flag post
600882 170 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?