Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

Comic Book Production Numbers18241

Collector Kosmo private msg quote post Address this user
Where can one find production numbers for certain issues?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales.html

Try this.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Yes tried that but looking for comics that aren't on there.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector ThreeSeas private msg quote post Address this user
If what you are looking for are bronze age or older, the only thing that I can think of are the statements of ownership. Do comics still publish them once a year? I know that they used to, but I am not sure if they were discontinued.
Post 4 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Generally, you can't.
Post 5 IP   flag post
looking for silver age, copper age and some modern agebold text
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector steveinthecity private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeSeas
If what you are looking for are bronze age or older, the only thing that I can think of are the statements of ownership. Do comics still publish them once a year? I know that they used to, but I am not sure if they were discontinued.
They were required in the olden days to qualify for a reduced rate for subscription mailings. I suppose that became less important as direct market distribution grew.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveinthecity
o comics still publish them once a year? I know that they

Do you know where DC used to give out the numbers? A link?
Post 8 IP   flag post

Here's the statement of ownership from Mickey Mouse 111 from 1967. The statements that I have seen in other comics look similar to this one. Like I mentioned, I cannot recall if any comics still have them, but a couple of magazines I am subscribed to still do as of this year.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Kosmo, to answer your question, I do not think that DC ever willingly gave out their print run information and only did it when they were required to by the post office. So unless some collector or historian found it and posted it, you may not ever find more than the statement of ownership.

Eventually I'll get to scanning my newer comics (from the 80's and 90's) and I'll make a note to post any SOO's that I come across here. Right now in scanning my collection, I am making a scan of the front cover, back cover, indicia page, and statement of ownership page if an issue happens to carry it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
600483 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?