Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Pop CultureQuestionsToys

Help to identify TMNT toys18239

Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
My buddy picked these up at a yard sale. All he knows is that they light up.

I tried searching for based on the only info I have (which is that they light up) and came up with nothin. Wish I had more to give you other than “light up TMNT”

Can anyone identify what possible year they are? What series? Or if they are a McDonald’s type of toy?

Here’s the pic he sent me

Post 1 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I did come across a listing of “Mexican bootleg” figures, but that didn’t really help. It did not tell me of these are only “bootleg” toys or if the set listed was “bootleg” of the original. Hope that helps.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
I did come across a listing of “Mexican bootleg” figures, but that didn’t really help. It did not tell me of these are only “bootleg” toys or if the set listed was “bootleg” of the original. Hope that helps.

this. they look like bootleg.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash

this. they look like bootleg.

If this is the case; were they produced within a certain time frame or could it span decades? Would there be any identifiers on that time frame such as late 80s or early 90s?
Post 4 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.ebay.com/itm/203951339195?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=K89pmERlT-y&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=x0YWgosxQv2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=SMS
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
https://www.ebay.com/itm/203951339195?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=K89pmERlT-y&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=x0YWgosxQv2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=SMS
that’s the one I saw.
Post 6 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Have you tried emailing seller for more information?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Have you tried emailing seller for more information?
I did not because I have no idea if there was an official line of these toys or if they are “bootleg” only. I suppose I can see what info the seller has.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'd ask. What's the worst that happens? He ignores you? By the description they appear to have more information than you do already....
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
I'd ask. What's the worst that happens? He ignores you? By the description they appear to have more information than you do already....

Sellers reply (which was very fast)

“Not an expert but these were some of the early bootlegs from Mexico they were probably made in the early 90s but they are knock offs not official tmnt”

🤷🏻‍♂️
Post 10 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
i could just tell they were knockoffs based on the look. they usually get the mold of the original but either give a bad paintjob or tweak it enough that they can get away with it
Post 11 IP   flag post
those arent teenage mutant ninja turtles

they are Adolescent Freaky Warrior Tortoises
Post 12 IP   flag post
597868 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?