Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Signature ASP

Anyone Else Going to Canada Fan Expo?18238

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Is anyone else going to Canada Fan Expo?

Heading out on Wednesday for the show.

Just figured out how to get my QR code through Arrivecan.

The service is free but to be sure to download the app through google play or the apple store.

When U used a web search I found some scsm site that wanted me to pay $79 with a credit card.

It had me fooled until I did a bit more homework.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
If it was in Vancouver instead of Toronto I would definitely attend. Looks like a great event.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector sly private msg quote post Address this user
I went last year and I was really disappointed to be honest. Not a great deal of selection of key books and seriously overpriced by most dealers.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
If it was in Vancouver instead of Toronto I would definitely attend. Looks like a great event.

The show is in Toronto starting this Thursday.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sly
I went last year and I was really disappointed to be honest. Not a great deal of selection of key books and seriously overpriced by most dealers.

Aside from the merch booth not the best show for shopping.

I am going for signstures.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Too far for me.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
wife took me about 4 yrs ago i did the drive wasnt too bad.it was my first time driving so far into canada enjoy the ride and the con nice place. but @Caffeine_Kid why Vancouver?? is it better?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Too far!! I don't want to drive 1 to 2 hours!!!

But seriously...I would go but am saving for a family trip.
Post 8 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

1 to 2 hrs drive near Toronto? You must live <15 miles away!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Quote:

lol...about 80km no idea how many hogs heads that is!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Quote:

lol...about 80km no idea how many hogs heads that is!!

80km to Toronto in an hour?

Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelgee

@Caffeine_Kid why Vancouver?? is it better?

It goes without saying that Vancouver is better than Toronto. But the main reason is I live in a Vancouver suburb and Toronto is 2,600 miles further away.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelgee

@Caffeine_Kid why Vancouver?? is it better?

It goes without saying that Vancouver is better than Toronto. But the main reason is I live in a Vancouver suburb and Toronto is 2,600 miles further away.
lol oh wow I should check a map lmao
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Iceman399 private msg quote post Address this user
We'll be there and set up booth 704.

We always have a lot of fun at this show and hope everyone pops over and says hi to Jim and I.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
The Fan Expo's are NOT comic shows. Oh sure, there's some comic dealers there, but that's not the focus of the event and you can tell. Sad really, at least for purists like some.
Post 15 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I think I've been to a couple of them, maybe three. The first one was was very entertaining, but not a lot of comic books if that's your focus. The last one I went to had far outgrown its venue and if you left the building, there was a good chance you would not be permitted back in due to occupancy limitations. The staff were also quite rude as they thought they were hot shit due to their attendance numbers. I enjoyed my time with my friends though.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Iceman399

I want to get all of my signatures without doing all four days this time but I will try to stop by.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Just finished the bulk of the drive up.

Stopped for pancakes before crossing the border.
Post 18 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
My car was searched one year at the border. I was carrying several boxes of Booberry cereal up to a friend. The guard found that suspicious thinking it was a distraction for something else.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
My car was searched one year at the border. I was carrying several boxes of Booberry cereal up to a friend. The guard found that suspicious thinking it was a distraction for something else.

The one time I went to Montreal Comic Con I found a hotel about 30 minutes out snd crossed the border in a small town instead of going in through a heavy traffic.

They took their dear sweet time with me and my car full of comic books.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
The Fan Expo's are NOT comic shows. Oh sure, there's some comic dealers there, but that's not the focus of the event and you can tell. Sad really, at least for purists like some.

There is like 1 "comic" show still around Toronto, just comics, no artists, no writers, no "celebrities". All other events are of this nature with a few comics, creators and a ton of wrestlers, actors etc.

I only go because its the only place to get sketches or signatures.

No T.O. for me this year

spelling error - sorry tonne not your b@astard ton in the US
Post 21 IP   flag post
Just got home after leaving my parking spot around 2:30PM yesterday.

Punted on the long lines for Capullo and King as I will be seeing them at upcoming shows.

Very frustrated with the celebrity signature process.

When I tried to get Robert England at 5:15 Friday he was done signing for the day.

I tried to get on his line first and last thing on Saturday only to be told to come back in 20 minutes and maybe I can get on the line. Second time around I told the lady "I ain't coming back".

Got all of my other signatures and hit the road early.
Post 22 IP   flag post
600777 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?