Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature VSPGrading Help NeededQuestionsSignatures

Usually high grade on a rack purchased comic1823

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palamotti on Harley Quinn #29 Gamestop Exclusive :

To my astonishment, this bent up and kinda beat up comic book received a 9.4 grade that I pulled off a metal wire rack at my local gamestop. I stacked 2 short boxes of comics on it for 3 weeks and met Jimmmy and Amanda in Portland the following week. You can clearly see 4-5 spine dents still on it. I'm shocked this book got a 9.4. I have other books I was so sure of myself would get a 8.0 or 9.0 but would come back as a 4.0 or 5.0. I don't understand the grading process.

Anyone care to discuss?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
Says only some of the defects break color which helps alot. The ones that do break color may be small enough to keep it in that range with the other defects taken into account.

Edit: Adding the Notes
light spine wear & stress some breaks color
couple of small bends off middle spine back cover
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
This is some good information.....it actually shows the limits or limitations one can expect with each defect.

Interesting.

Mine will sure to be a 9.8!!

:o)
Post 3 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
It's funny because I can't view the grader's notes in my profile (says it hasn't been graded yet) but you can view the notes publicly lol
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe they stacked pancakes on top of it to press out the dents.

But in all seriousness, how could that have possibly gotten such a high grade? I would think anything that breaks color has to be below 9.

But hey, I have some 4s that look like 2s. This is just on a different scale altogether.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
The Pancake is strong with this one.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@jrs It depends on the number and severity of color break defects.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Seems to me 9.6 is the "new" NM.

But then again I could have had it wrong all these years in the first place...
Post 8 IP   flag post
598007 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?