Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

She-Hulk: Attorney At Law show18208

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoster43
PS was that "baddie" dressed like a bad GLOW contender who bust through the courtroom wall for no discernable reason whatsoever like the Kool-Aid Guy

lol, that's a pretty perfect description of that scene.

I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention to catch the funny stuff well enough to laugh, but I liked the last line where she replaced "Team America" with "Captain America".
Post 26 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHoarder
Not sure offhand but even if directs were UPC's, the UPS boxes read "direct edition" while the newsstands will just be a barcode with numbers.

Here's a newsstand She HULK # 1 CBCS 9.8 by a rando seller in ebay auction, I just threw a tracking bid down thru one of my ebay buying accounts.....only $111 thus far, ugh.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304598266648?epid=1100971749&hash=item46eb78b318:g:e0EAAOSwq8Vi7qO3&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoDoRqjaHbHR5jEhGBu3TU1TZ5%2FaB4H8GCBG%2B6eHp9KDEvx172WbCzzVixCghBqLlTuWWD0mjDlKBxM0EMWeWu3Va89Dug%2F6hOoQfOGbEfc%2Bpuh3t1EDGrZreKuVwrOxPmd%2BV1sTd4MQaCQXLoxYs6DaPRhEP4SrGg62ut4eoYMryhbXnO9CS1XVpsR9if9%2B%2BCojJ32CHjHESemTwYG9FLzE%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR6iwtofXYA&autorefresh=true

And a 9.6 newsstand listed by MCS on newsstand, note that CBCS denotes "newsstand" on slabs )IIRC from 1980-present....unfortunately, MCS doesnt denote that in the ebay title (or their mcs store listing).

MCS lists the slab cert #'s for CGC, CBCS slabs in the title, thats pretty much it.

This is one of the (only) disadvantages with consigning with MCS.

I understand how to differentiate between newsstand and direct, but what I am saying is that every copy I've seen of Sensational She-Hulk #1 from 1989 has a barcode. I've yet to see one that says Direct Edition or has a Spider-Man head or something else in the UPC box. Every copy I looked at on MCS that has a scan shows a "newsstand" copy, along with my brief search on ebay. It looks more like it has the same deal as Alpha Flight #65–76, 78, 81–84, 86, 88, Nam ##25–31, 33–36, 38–51, 53–55 amongst others during that time frame that only have a UPC edition and not what I'll term a properly printed direct edition.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I just watched it and enjoyed it tremendously!!! I LOVE the "Sensational She-hulk" comics (especially the Byrne ones)!! I'm glad that's the direction they are taking this. The new She-hulk series isn't bad either.

In the show, I like how Jennifer and Bruce relate to each other as cousins. It reminds me a lot of how my cousins and I were like growing up. I'm really looking forward to watching this show!!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:
Not sure offhand but even if directs were UPC's, the UPS boxes read "direct edition" while the newsstands will just be a barcode with numbers.

Here's a newsstand She HULK # 1 CBCS 9.8 by a rando seller in ebay auction, I just threw a tracking bid down thru one of my ebay buying accounts.....only $111 thus far, ugh.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304598266648?epid=1100971749&hash=item46eb78b318:g:e0EAAOSwq8Vi7qO3&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoDoRqjaHbHR5jEhGBu3TU1TZ5%2FaB4H8GCBG%2B6eHp9KDEvx172WbCzzVixCghBqLlTuWWD0mjDlKBxM0EMWeWu3Va89Dug%2F6hOoQfOGbEfc%2Bpuh3t1EDGrZreKuVwrOxPmd%2BV1sTd4MQaCQXLoxYs6DaPRhEP4SrGg62ut4eoYMryhbXnO9CS1XVpsR9if9%2B%2BCojJ32CHjHESemTwYG9FLzE%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR6iwtofXYA&autorefresh=true

And a 9.6 newsstand listed by MCS on newsstand, note that CBCS denotes "newsstand" on slabs )IIRC from 1980-present....unfortunately, MCS doesnt denote that in the ebay title (or their mcs store listing).

MCS lists the slab cert #'s for CGC, CBCS slabs in the title, thats pretty much it.

I understand how to differentiate between newsstand and direct, but what I am saying is that every copy I've seen of Sensational She-Hulk #1 from 1989 has a barcode. I've yet to see one that says Direct Edition or has a Spider-Man head or something else in the UPC box. Every copy I looked at on MCS that has a scan shows a "newsstand" copy, along with my brief search on ebay. It looks more like it has the same deal as Alpha Flight #65–76, 78, 81–84, 86, 88, Nam ##25–31, 33–36, 38–51, 53–55 amongst others during that time frame that only have a UPC edition and not what I'll term a properly printed direct edition.

This 1000%.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
A good giggle, a decent intro, we'll see where it goes.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Wife seemed to like it, like how it played out so far.
Not sure what color to paint the wife but it’s probably time.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector peterc777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoster43

PS was that "baddie" dressed like a bad GLOW contender who bust through the courtroom wall for no discernable reason whatsoever like the Kool-Aid Guy based on an actual supervillain or just someone they threw in there for the "change to She Hulk while in court thing" ? Was there an actual similar scene in the 1st issue or something they were doing an homage to?

Just curious, it didn't sour me on the show.

Titania played by Jameela Jamil.

Post 32 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Titania indeed!
Post 33 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I will watch the rest of the episodes.
But that 1st one was a dumb, boring train wreck to me.
Culminated with the court scene with Titania or whoever that Studio 54 escapee was. Was that actually 2022 special effects? dear lord

On the flip side - loved loved the Groot shorts.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Was enjoyable enough for night on the couch. Will watch the next episode

My only gripe is I'm tired of 'smart hulk' in the MCU but that's no fault of this show.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Wife loved it so that counts for something
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:

Yeah, you are correct.

I'd like to delete all that junk I tagged @mycomicshop earlier in this thread but it's past the 24 hour mark...so, my apologies to mycomicshop.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
My only gripe is I'm tired of 'smart hulk' in the MCU

100% agree. I've had it with that character. A novelty in the Avengers movies. Time to move on with it. Old, tired, dumb, and incredibly annoying
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
My only gripe is I'm tired of 'smart hulk' in the MCU

100% agree. I've had it with that character. A novelty in the Avengers movies. Time to move on with it. Old, tired, dumb, and incredibly annoying

I must be "dumb Hulk" because I don't understand the motivation behind any of this?
Post 39 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
She's in complete control of her emotions, so if Bruce hadn't shown up, she likely would have killed or crippled someone(s) for coming on to her. But let's ignore that.

Her cousin and aunt were abused by her uncle, but she made sure to put that in perspective by describing the horrors of being whistled at, and how speaking out against incompetent, know-it-all men

(normally subjective, but her womb assures us she's always correct)

will get her labeled as emotional

(like when she was about to kill or cripple the guy(s) for coming on to her)

or could even get her "murdered". At first, I thought that sounded extreme, but since speaking out against toxic masculinity is all she does, maybe she has received death-threats. Either way, what has Bruce gone through that could possibly top catcalling? Witnessing his mother's abuse and murder and later living with the constant fear of destroying entire cities with his uncontrollable rage? Pfft- What a wuss and loser.

We're supposed to be impressed with her automatically perfect amazingness, yet they write her in a "typical woman-driver" scenario. At least she was able to mock Rogers for putting the world's and then the universe's safety ahead of getting laid before she crashed. In fact, was there a male in this episode who was not put in his place? Was there a scene where Bruce wasn't put in his place?

I don't think a "message" has ever been clearer in anything the MCU has done. They were 100% correct that this show isn't made for me. Watching any more would be like living the "Thank you sir- May I have another?" scene from Animal House, only standing and being paddled from the front, because that's where the true evil lies.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
She's in complete control of her emotions, so if Bruce hadn't shown up, she likely would have killed or crippled someone(s) for coming on to her. But let's ignore that.

Her cousin and aunt were abused by her uncle, but she made sure to put that in perspective by describing the horrors of being whistled at, and how speaking out against incompetent, know-it-all men

or could even get her "murdered". At first, I thought that sounded extreme, but since that's all she does maybe she has received death-threats. Either way, what has Bruce gone through that could possibly top catcalling? Witnessing his mother's abuse and murder and later living with the constant fear of destroying entire cities with his uncontrollable rage? Pfft- What a wuss and loser.

We're supposed to be impressed with her automatically perfect amazingness, yet they write her in a "typical woman-driver" scenario. At least she was able to mock Rogers for putting the world's and then the universe's safety ahead of getting laid before she crashed. In fact, was there a male in this episode who was not put in his place? Was there a scene where Bruce wasn't put in his place?

I don't think a "message" has ever been clearer in anything the MCU has done. They were 100% correct that this show isn't made for me. Watching any more would be like living the "Thank you sir- May I have another?" scene from Animal House, only standing and being paddled from the front, because that's where the true evil lies.

Bravo!
And yep, definitely alot of man-hating going on. Just what I want to watch
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:

or could even get her "murdered". At first, I thought that sounded extreme, but since that's all she does maybe she has received death-threats. Either way, what has Bruce gone through that could possibly top catcalling? Witnessing his mother's abuse and murder and later living with the constant fear of destroying entire cities with his uncontrollable rage? Pfft- What a wuss and loser.

Sounds like more of the M-She-U ... it's EVERYWHERE! LOL I'm surprised Adam Warlock isn't Eve
Post 42 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
She did a good job of womansplaining and shut down any attempt at mansplaining. The guys in the series are beta male simps so far. It's ok to me right now. I'll see where it's going with the next episode.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
My guess one season.
Post 44 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesidio
My guess one season.

with the exception of Loki and what if. all disney+ mcu shows are one season. always been the plan. like a movie just longer
Post 45 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
In Captain Marvel I kind of liked the message of the underestimated little girl who refused to stay down and always got up. This show kind of took the "girl power" thing to a more arrogant and obnoxious level. Trite shite.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Wow...I wonder if you all jump onto internet forums to complain about a depiction of man as an overbearing alpha male with the same zeal you jump onto a woman being portrayed as arrogant and aggressive.

I took the whole Steve Rogers thing as a play off of the "America's ass" stuff in Endgame. Which, I found odd and wedged in for cheap laughs during a portion of the movie that it really made no sense. Was she virgin shaming? Or was she lamenting that someone that attractive may have never "got some"? Not the first time I've heard someone do that. I didn't even think of it as shaming. I've also literally heard fans discussing this same topic in a "like, is his dork made of orange rock too" type of scenario. So...they folded it into a TV show for laughs. Didn't really land with me, but I'm not everyone.

Bruce took her to an island against her will and refused to let her leave because he was judging her by his experience. Hers was different...she kept trying to tell him "yo...i'm different". And he forcibly kept her captive until she fought her way free. I can literally see both sides of that interaction. I'm curious about those who can't.

Quote:

or could even get her "murdered". At first, I thought that sounded extreme, but since speaking out against toxic masculinity is all she does, maybe she has received death-threats. Either way, what has Bruce gone through that could possibly top catcalling? Witnessing his mother's abuse and murder and later living with the constant fear of destroying entire cities with his uncontrollable rage? Pfft- What a wuss and loser.

I have never seen someone more offended by the depiction of a woman...and that's saying something on these forums. Or by the depiction of men.

Quote:

We're supposed to be impressed with her automatically perfect amazingness, yet they write her in a "typical woman-driver" scenario.

Totally, spaceships dropping from the sky directly in front of a car is totally normal and if it weren't for a woman driving; that would have ended totally differently (read dripping with sarcasm I hope I used enough totallys).

Quote:

How do we know this? seems like a pretty big assumption...particularly when we take into account your comment where you get angry about people assuming things about personal threats/danger. Hulk has been depicted regularly in the movies striking "normal" humans who don't just drop dead.

Quote:

As three strange men outside a remote bar start to follow her into the parking lot..that...that didn't create a sense that there was a danger to the tiny woman? Have you ever seen a movie? This is a pretty well established trope. THey weren't just cat calling her. They were physically approaching her, she had nowhere to go. Also, have you every talked to, you know, a woman? That this kind of thing has happened to? I have, many. Based on many discussion with actual women, this is a clearly threatening scenario where many would be inclined to fear for their physical safety.

Quote:

Could have lead and finished with this. Or even shortened to "man not lead...man made fun of...MAN MADDDD! SMAAAASH.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Without picking apart each and every specific, because that's what folks like to do with anything; it's quite clear of the overall obnoxious/arrogant narrative for that 35 minute show, as a whole.
Post 48 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
It's "entertainment". And in that respect, it is a win.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Entertainment it is for sure!
Excuse me while I depart to go pull my teeth out one by one.
Anyone want to see that entertainment?
Post 50 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Now that her vagina's green, she doesn't need a man.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
It's "entertainment". And in that respect, it is a win.

Entertainment is based on perspective, though. We could ask Caligula and Nero about what sort of entertainment they endorsed and/or participated in. What was entertaining to the lions and the good citizens of Rome may have been defined differently by the Christians

Good times... good times ...
Post 52 IP   flag post
Hey I guess I'm not up on my Bruce Banner history ...

But what does @Siggy mean by

Quote:
"Her cousin and aunt were abused by her uncle, .... " and Bruce "Witnessing his mother's abuse and murder " .. ?

I know that Ross's daughter dies at some point so that's bad, but what's this about him being experimented on and whatnot by his father ... and the other stuff? His Father?

Mind you I haven't ready any HULK since oh, 1987 or so.

thanks in advance if you post links or something ...
Post 53 IP   flag post
If the viagra is working you should be well over a 9.8. xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
I took the whole Steve Rogers thing as a play off of the "America's ass" stuff in Endgame. Which, I found odd and wedged in for cheap laughs during a portion of the movie that it really made no sense. Was she virgin shaming? Or was she lamenting that someone that attractive may have never "got some"? Not the first time I've heard someone do that. I didn't even think of it as shaming. I've also literally heard fans discussing this same topic in a "like, is his dork made of orange rock too" type of scenario. So...they folded it into a TV show for laughs. Didn't really land with me, but I'm not everyone.

I took it as more of a tabloid/reality-type thing. Look at that famous person, I wonder about their life! Except Jen knows someone who might actually know the story, so she comes up with this "theory" for Bruce as a fishing expedition. I thought it was more weird than funny until the credits scene and then I thought it paid off. Still a little weird.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Wow...I wonder if you all jump onto internet forums to complain about a depiction of man as an overbearing alpha male with the same zeal you jump onto a woman being portrayed as arrogant and aggressive.

If the MCU starts doing that with their characters who aren't normally like that, I might.

I agree, there was no sense to it. It made her seem extremely shallow, IMO.

Bruce took her to an island against her will and refused to let her leave because he was judging her by his experience.
Seems wiser than waiting to see if she would go berserk.

Hers was different...she kept trying to tell him "yo...i'm different".

And he forcibly kept her captive until she fought her way free. I can literally see both sides of that interaction. I'm curious about those who can't.
Assuming she knows of Bruce's history, you'd think she would be just a little concerned, but again, she just KNOWS she's perfected being a Hulk overnight.

Quote:

I have never seen someone more offended by the depiction of a woman...and that's saying something on these forums. Or by the depiction of men.
You still haven't. I'm not offended. I'm irritated that these activists take advantage of the built in fan base in order to scream at the world rather than using their... "talent"... to write something original, because they KNOW very few will watch it, and are too insecure to admit it.

Quote:

We're supposed to be impressed with her automatically perfect amazingness, yet they write her in a "typical woman-driver" scenario.

Totally, spaceships dropping from the sky directly in front of a car is totally normal and if it weren't for a woman driving; that would have ended totally differently (read dripping with sarcasm I hope I used enough totallys).
I think if she had seen it descending in front of them instead of turning to see it had already descended into their path, she might have slowed down rather than slam the brakes and turn the wheel hard to the right.

Quote:

How do we know this? seems like a pretty big assumption...particularly when we take into account your comment where you get angry about people assuming things about personal threats/danger.
I will go out on a limb and think she didn't lunge at them in order to yell and make mean faces. This is what makes her claim of having control silly, because if there is no difference between her personality and She Hulk's, then why didn't she lunge at them before she changed?
Hulk has been depicted regularly in the movies striking "normal" humans who don't just drop dead.
Trust me. Anytime I see a super being send someone flying across the room and they're okay, I think it's effing ridiculous.
Quote:

As three strange men outside a remote bar start to follow her into the parking lot..that...that didn't create a sense that there was a danger to the tiny woman? Have you ever seen a movie? This is a pretty well established trope. THey weren't just cat calling her. They were physically approaching her, she had nowhere to go. Also, have you every talked to, you know, a woman? That this kind of thing has happened to? I have, many. Based on many discussion with actual women, this is a clearly threatening scenario where many would be inclined to fear for their physical safety.
You think they were going to rape her, I think she was going to cripple them. It's a wash.

Quote:

Could have lead and finished with this. Or even shortened to "man not lead...man made fun of...MAN MADDDD! SMAAAASH.

Why didn't you?
Post 55 IP   flag post
601232 190 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?