CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.

She-Hulk: Attorney At Law show18208

You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
The 1st episode came out yesterday, I enjoyed it. I think it was a decent intro for a lawyer super hero comedy show and they definitely have her breaking the 4th wall just like the comics. Overall I give it a 7 out of 10 for a 1st episode.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Can the moderators change my profile caption to <snip> ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
I agree, it was a good introduction!
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Collector Rjman48 private msg quote post Address this user
B+. Nothing spectacular,Better than I anticipated
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
As someone who never read any She-Hulk comics, I'd agree! 7 out of 10 , B+ ... sure why not? It was enjoyable, relatively funny, not TOO insulting to average intelligence and did give a little insight into what Bruce was up to for those years. I liked it & will watch the lot.

PS was that "baddie" dressed like a bad GLOW contender who bust through the courtroom wall for no discernable reason whatsoever like the Kool-Aid Guy based on an actual supervillain or just someone they threw in there for the "change to She Hulk while in court thing" ? Was there an actual similar scene in the 1st issue or something they were doing an homage to?

Just curious, it didn't sour me on the show.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder who would win in a court of law, Matt Murdock or Jennifer Walters?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
I wonder who would win in a court of law, Matt Murdock or Jennifer Walters?


They'd probably take it outside... or upstairs... before reaching consensus.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
It gets old smelling it everytime I go outside my door. Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
I wonder who would win in a court of law, Matt Murdock or Jennifer Walters?


Matt would be green with envy, if he could see lol.........
Post 7 • IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
I wonder who would win in a court of law, Matt Murdock or Jennifer Walters?


Matt Murdock, Hands down.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Rafel

I believe she hulk is the better lawyer. I read that she does intergalactic law in addition to new york.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
She knows something about Cap...
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
When they almost hit a spaceship, which alien race did Bruce say that the ship was from?
Post 11 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/she-hulk-proves-better-lawyer-daredevil/amp/

Even if you take out the opinions, if the guy stated actual facts about the comics, she is fairly impressive.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
When they almost hit a spaceship, which alien race did Bruce say that the ship was from?


Sakaaran Class A Courier Craft
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMorse
She knows something about Cap...


If she hadn't been so determined to shame him for being a virgin (pay attention, kids), and if she had been paying attention to her driving (yep), there would still be one Hulk.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Hulks happen...

Post 15 • IP   flag post
I have not set up at a con since 2029. PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone know the odds of a season 2 being picked up by Disney+?

I hope there's a season 2, I have 2 newsstand copies of the first issue from 1989 that I slacked off on pressing & subbing.

I am damn sure they'll pull 9.8's once I press & sub them to CGC but don't plan on subbing any books til I can do so in person at Baltimore in October....don't wanna blow them out raw this weekend, as I'd have to put them up at like $100 a pop.



Moving on but related....and notot my consignment but I'm curious how this CGC 9.8 newsstand will fare in MCS auction, I gotta imagine posting about it here may help tho lol.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=56691950

One of the very few things I dislike about @mycomicshop 's consignment is that MCS does not denote NEWSSTAND in the title of slabbed books. (except bat 257 , sups 50 , robin 1 SM 1 2nd print newsstands), I hope they change that policy soon.


That certainly hurts sale prices...I won a newsstand wonder woman annual 1 CGC 9.8 (1980's series) for like $55 in one of their auctions last year. GPA was like $150 or so at the time....and it took months of price drops to sell at under the last GPA sale of a direct CGC 9.8.


https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=55530113
Post 16 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHoarder
Anyone know the odds of a season 2 being picked up by Disney+?

I hope there's a season 2, I have 2 newsstand copies of the first issue from 1989 that I slacked off on pressing & subbing.

I am damn sure they'll pull 9.8's once I press & sub them to CGC but don't plan on subbing any books til I can do so in person at Baltimore in October....don't wanna blow them out raw this weekend, as I'd have to put them up at like $100 a pop.



Moving on but related....and notot my consignment but I'm curious how this CGC 9.8 newsstand will fare in MCS auction, I gotta imagine posting about it here may help tho lol.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=56691950

One of the very few things I dislike about @mycomicshop 's consignment is that MCS does not denote NEWSSTAND in the title of slabbed books. (except bat 257 , sups 50 , robin 1 SM 1 2nd print newsstands), I hope they change that policy soon.


That certainly hurts sale prices...I won a newsstand wonder woman annual 1 CGC 9.8 (1980's series) for like $55 in one of their auctions last year. GPA was like $150 or so at the time....and it took months of price drops to sell at under the last GPA sale of a direct CGC 9.8.


https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=55530113


Weren't all Sensational She-Hulk #1s from 1989 printed with barcodes?
Post 17 • IP   flag post
HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
I'm ready for jump rope.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 19 • IP   flag post
past performance is no guarantee of future actions. KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Just gave it a watch...will keep watching to see where it goes.

A little biased as I've quite liked the lead actress since Orphan Black
Post 20 • IP   flag post
I have not set up at a con since 2029. PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHoarder
Anyone know the odds of a season 2 being picked up by Disney+?

I hope there's a season 2, I have 2 newsstand copies of the first issue from 1989 that I slacked off on pressing & subbing.

I am damn sure they'll pull 9.8's once I press & sub them to CGC but don't plan on subbing any books til I can do so in person at Baltimore in October....don't wanna blow them out raw this weekend, as I'd have to put them up at like $100 a pop.



Moving on but related....and notot my consignment but I'm curious how this CGC 9.8 newsstand will fare in MCS auction, I gotta imagine posting about it here may help tho lol.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=56691950

One of the very few things I dislike about @mycomicshop 's consignment is that MCS does not denote NEWSSTAND in the title of slabbed books. (except bat 257 , sups 50 , robin 1 SM 1 2nd print newsstands), I hope they change that policy soon.


That certainly hurts sale prices...I won a newsstand wonder woman annual 1 CGC 9.8 (1980's series) for like $55 in one of their auctions last year. GPA was like $150 or so at the time....and it took months of price drops to sell at under the last GPA sale of a direct CGC 9.8.


https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=55530113


Weren't all Sensational She-Hulk #1s from 1989 printed with barcodes?




Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHoarder
Anyone know the odds of a season 2 being picked up by Disney+?

I hope there's a season 2, I have 2 newsstand copies of the first issue from 1989 that I slacked off on pressing & subbing.

I am damn sure they'll pull 9.8's once I press & sub them to CGC but don't plan on subbing any books til I can do so in person at Baltimore in October....don't wanna blow them out raw this weekend, as I'd have to put them up at like $100 a pop.



Moving on but related....and notot my consignment but I'm curious how this CGC 9.8 newsstand will fare in MCS auction, I gotta imagine posting about it here may help tho lol.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=56691950

One of the very few things I dislike about @mycomicshop 's consignment is that MCS does not denote NEWSSTAND in the title of slabbed books. (except bat 257 , sups 50 , robin 1 SM 1 2nd print newsstands), I hope they change that policy soon.


That certainly hurts sale prices...I won a newsstand wonder woman annual 1 CGC 9.8 (1980's series) for like $55 in one of their auctions last year. GPA was like $150 or so at the time....and it took months of price drops to sell at under the last GPA sale of a direct CGC 9.8.


https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=55530113


Weren't all Sensational She-Hulk #1s from 1989 printed with barcodes?



Not sure offhand but even if directs were UPC's, the UPS boxes read "direct edition" while the newsstands will just be a barcode with numbers.





Here's a newsstand She HULK # 1 CBCS 9.8 by a rando seller in ebay auction, I just threw a tracking bid down thru one of my ebay buying accounts.....only $111 thus far, ugh.


https://www.ebay.com/itm/304598266648?epid=1100971749&hash=item46eb78b318:g:e0EAAOSwq8Vi7qO3&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoDoRqjaHbHR5jEhGBu3TU1TZ5%2FaB4H8GCBG%2B6eHp9KDEvx172WbCzzVixCghBqLlTuWWD0mjDlKBxM0EMWeWu3Va89Dug%2F6hOoQfOGbEfc%2Bpuh3t1EDGrZreKuVwrOxPmd%2BV1sTd4MQaCQXLoxYs6DaPRhEP4SrGg62ut4eoYMryhbXnO9CS1XVpsR9if9%2B%2BCojJ32CHjHESemTwYG9FLzE%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR6iwtofXYA&autorefresh=true

And a 9.6 newsstand listed by MCS on newsstand, note that CBCS denotes "newsstand" on slabs )IIRC from 1980-present....unfortunately, MCS doesnt denote that in the ebay title (or their mcs store listing).

MCS lists the slab cert #'s for CGC, CBCS slabs in the title, thats pretty much it.

This is one of the (only) disadvantages with consigning with MCS.
Post 21 • IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/she-hulk-proves-better-lawyer-daredevil/amp/

Even if you take out the opinions, if the guy stated actual facts about the comics, she is fairly impressive.


That was a cool read!! Thank you for this.
Post 22 • IP   flag post
It gets old smelling it everytime I go outside my door. Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
It was excellent.
I like that she can turn "hulk" on and off at will....
Post 23 • IP   flag post
If the viagra is working you should be well over a 9.8. xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
Wife and I just laughed our way through the episode. Looking forward to the rest of the series.
Post 24 • IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
people think the show will lead to a Plannet Hulk/World war hulk thing.

Yes Ragnarok was planet hulk. But the alien ship couldve been there for Hulk to bring him back. theory I heard is world war hulk will take place on the planet. the war being between a new ruler or rulers. screen crush thinks Hulk slept around...and we will get MCU version of Skaar
Post 25 • IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoster43
PS was that "baddie" dressed like a bad GLOW contender who bust through the courtroom wall for no discernable reason whatsoever like the Kool-Aid Guy


lol, that's a pretty perfect description of that scene.

I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention to catch the funny stuff well enough to laugh, but I liked the last line where she replaced "Team America" with "Captain America".
Post 26 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHoarder
Not sure offhand but even if directs were UPC's, the UPS boxes read "direct edition" while the newsstands will just be a barcode with numbers.





Here's a newsstand She HULK # 1 CBCS 9.8 by a rando seller in ebay auction, I just threw a tracking bid down thru one of my ebay buying accounts.....only $111 thus far, ugh.


https://www.ebay.com/itm/304598266648?epid=1100971749&hash=item46eb78b318:g:e0EAAOSwq8Vi7qO3&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoDoRqjaHbHR5jEhGBu3TU1TZ5%2FaB4H8GCBG%2B6eHp9KDEvx172WbCzzVixCghBqLlTuWWD0mjDlKBxM0EMWeWu3Va89Dug%2F6hOoQfOGbEfc%2Bpuh3t1EDGrZreKuVwrOxPmd%2BV1sTd4MQaCQXLoxYs6DaPRhEP4SrGg62ut4eoYMryhbXnO9CS1XVpsR9if9%2B%2BCojJ32CHjHESemTwYG9FLzE%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR6iwtofXYA&autorefresh=true

And a 9.6 newsstand listed by MCS on newsstand, note that CBCS denotes "newsstand" on slabs )IIRC from 1980-present....unfortunately, MCS doesnt denote that in the ebay title (or their mcs store listing).

MCS lists the slab cert #'s for CGC, CBCS slabs in the title, thats pretty much it.

This is one of the (only) disadvantages with consigning with MCS.


I understand how to differentiate between newsstand and direct, but what I am saying is that every copy I've seen of Sensational She-Hulk #1 from 1989 has a barcode. I've yet to see one that says Direct Edition or has a Spider-Man head or something else in the UPC box. Every copy I looked at on MCS that has a scan shows a "newsstand" copy, along with my brief search on ebay. It looks more like it has the same deal as Alpha Flight #65–76, 78, 81–84, 86, 88, Nam ##25–31, 33–36, 38–51, 53–55 amongst others during that time frame that only have a UPC edition and not what I'll term a properly printed direct edition.
Post 27 • IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I just watched it and enjoyed it tremendously!!! I LOVE the "Sensational She-hulk" comics (especially the Byrne ones)!! I'm glad that's the direction they are taking this. The new She-hulk series isn't bad either.

In the show, I like how Jennifer and Bruce relate to each other as cousins. It reminds me a lot of how my cousins and I were like growing up. I'm really looking forward to watching this show!!
Post 28 • IP   flag post
Moderators handing out titles: Boom. Roasted. Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHoarder
Not sure offhand but even if directs were UPC's, the UPS boxes read "direct edition" while the newsstands will just be a barcode with numbers.





Here's a newsstand She HULK # 1 CBCS 9.8 by a rando seller in ebay auction, I just threw a tracking bid down thru one of my ebay buying accounts.....only $111 thus far, ugh.


https://www.ebay.com/itm/304598266648?epid=1100971749&hash=item46eb78b318:g:e0EAAOSwq8Vi7qO3&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoDoRqjaHbHR5jEhGBu3TU1TZ5%2FaB4H8GCBG%2B6eHp9KDEvx172WbCzzVixCghBqLlTuWWD0mjDlKBxM0EMWeWu3Va89Dug%2F6hOoQfOGbEfc%2Bpuh3t1EDGrZreKuVwrOxPmd%2BV1sTd4MQaCQXLoxYs6DaPRhEP4SrGg62ut4eoYMryhbXnO9CS1XVpsR9if9%2B%2BCojJ32CHjHESemTwYG9FLzE%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR6iwtofXYA&autorefresh=true

And a 9.6 newsstand listed by MCS on newsstand, note that CBCS denotes "newsstand" on slabs )IIRC from 1980-present....unfortunately, MCS doesnt denote that in the ebay title (or their mcs store listing).

MCS lists the slab cert #'s for CGC, CBCS slabs in the title, thats pretty much it.

This is one of the (only) disadvantages with consigning with MCS.


I understand how to differentiate between newsstand and direct, but what I am saying is that every copy I've seen of Sensational She-Hulk #1 from 1989 has a barcode. I've yet to see one that says Direct Edition or has a Spider-Man head or something else in the UPC box. Every copy I looked at on MCS that has a scan shows a "newsstand" copy, along with my brief search on ebay. It looks more like it has the same deal as Alpha Flight #65–76, 78, 81–84, 86, 88, Nam ##25–31, 33–36, 38–51, 53–55 amongst others during that time frame that only have a UPC edition and not what I'll term a properly printed direct edition.


This 1000%.
Post 29 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user
A good giggle, a decent intro, we'll see where it goes.
Post 30 • IP   flag post
657131 190 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?