CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver AgePop Culture

Thrill of the Hunt-Garage sale/Market Finds182

Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O Thanks! I also love that they're not painted
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Maverick private msg quote post Address this user
@MR_SigS What would something like those go for? I never really followed the toy market.
Post 52 IP   flag post
@Maverick I've seen prices all over the place. A toy "price guide" I bought a few years back said they're $20 each. I've seen some on eBay go for less, so I'm thinking many have hit the market somewhat recently. I've seen orange and blue versions as well.
I may be biased... No, I'm biased, but I think the red ones look best.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
I had them in orange, green, red, and blue as a child.
Post 54 IP   flag post
I know I have two of these, but the other is hiding.

Post 55 IP   flag post

EDIT
Because this is the wrong thread
Post 56 IP   flag post
EDIT
Same here.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Not much today, only one book. Hit all the normal stops and nothing. Last old guy at the market has this in his box amongst all kinds of beat up gold and silver books.

Having a tought time pegging a grade on it. Id say it was a solid vg/fn. Light tanning along bottom. A few small tears, a fold on the back corner, light spine tics.

Only thing throwing me off is it looks like at one point someone added staples at the top and bottom, then removed.

How much would this hurt the grade do you think. Vg? Vg-?
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
@Maverick Soooo lucky
Post 59 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
@Maverick Soooo lucky

Thanks. I really try to get out there and find new stuff. Its getting harder and harder to find stuff in the wild.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
@Maverick
Wow, that's a pretty sweet pick.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector Wreq27 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these up yesterday at an antique mall. Walking dead weekly 2-27.

Also got this GI Joe from a different booth.

Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector Oldbsturgeon private msg quote post Address this user
I'm surprised something like this is still available
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
My wife's uncle owns an auction company. He recently got two boxes of comics from a bookstore that's going out of business. They asked him to sell on consignment and to get whatever he could for them. They were expecting to get maybe $5 per box. He knows nothing about comics at all. He knows I collect comics and they let me cherry pick the boxes. Most of it was 90's Superman garbage, but I did find two gems. I showed them what they were worth and told me to make an offer. My mother in law said to "feel free to offer low. The business owner is just looking to get rid of them." I got these two for $15. I feel bad. When I sell them, I'm going to give them some of the profits. Anyway, my great find for the day.
Post 64 IP   flag post
@AndyRexia That feeling when you know you're the first person to dig through a box of comics is great, you never know what you'll find. Nice books, too bad #4 wasn't in there.
Post 65 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Found these at our local Antique Mall some years ago. The Marx statues had one price tag ($20) tied to Cap. I don't know if the seller intended it to be $20 each, but I got all six for the low price.

I paid $25 for the Mutt & Jeff.

Why do I feel like I posted this here already?

Marx plastic (Plastimarx) figurines were from around 1965-67 and are rare. Rare mostly because nobody knows of them these days. Most children melted them down or they were thrown away and tossed. What you REEALLLY want are the Marx bicycle license plates!

Auction prices are different from Buy it Now prices. Buy it now prices are usually $25 any color for the impatient ones. Auction prices: Red is the most rare so you can expect $25 each for those. Blue is the next rare color and those are around $20 each. Green and orange are common and can go for $5-10 each. A full set of one matching color (any) can go for $200 on the right auction day.
Post 66 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick
Not much today, only one book. Hit all the normal stops and nothing. Last old guy at the market has this in his box amongst all kinds of beat up gold and silver books.

Having a tought time pegging a grade on it. Id say it was a solid vg/fn. Light tanning along bottom. A few small tears, a fold on the back corner, light spine tics.

Only thing throwing me off is it looks like at one point someone added staples at the top and bottom, then removed.

How much would this hurt the grade do you think. Vg? Vg-?

That's a 4.0 Amazing Spider-man Golden Record Reprint. Without the record you can knock $200 off the value immediately. But, it's still a nice $100 book any day of the week! Great find!
Post 67 IP   flag post
600782 67 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?