Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkQuestionsSignatures

Help Identifying Signatures On Artwork18185

Collector markacz private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

I'm trying to identify the signatures on this artwork. There appear to be 2 (bottom left and bottom right).

Thanks for the help.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Those two signatures look like the same person with the artist just taking more time with the signature on the left. Any chance you can zoom in a bit to get a better look?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Stardust_Memories private msg quote post Address this user
Juan Pablo Montoya on the left and Jackson Pollock on the right is my guess
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
This kind of looks like Afua Richardson. On the right anyway.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Those two signatures look like the same person with the artist just taking more time with the signature on the left. Any chance you can zoom in a bit to get a better look?

I'm nearly positive the sig on the right is Afua; I've never seen her sig look anything like the one on the left. The art style also looks similar to some I've seen her do on the right, but the left has some details (the face) that aren't quite normal for her art. I'm wondering if this was a jam of some sort. The left looks vaguely familiar, but nothing has come to me yet. If it is Afua and this is a jam, I bet you could facebook or IG message her and she'll tell you who else worked on this. She's very nice (and does neat cosplay at cons).
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd

I'm nearly positive the sig on the right is Afua; I've never seen her sig look anything like the one on the left. The art style also looks similar to some I've seen her do on the right, but the left has some details (the face) that aren't quite normal for her art. I'm wondering if this was a jam of some sort. The left looks vaguely familiar, but nothing has come to me yet. If it is Afua and this is a jam, I bet you could facebook or IG message her and she'll tell you who else worked on this. She's very nice (and does neat cosplay at cons).

@etapi65 is absolutely correct, that does look like Afua Richardson, and that would be BOTH signatures. She will do that clean, abbreviated signature on the right and one that is the same but with the extra squiggle on the left. I've seen both style of signature from her.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Cool, never seen the left sig.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Cool, never seen the left sig.

I spotted the similarities right away (the same, just one has the extra bit), so I looked at A Lot of her signatures and sure enough, she'll sign both ways, though is the only time I saw both signatures on the same piece.
Post 8 IP   flag post
601463 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?