Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
@teacha777 yes. i selected pressing for all mcfarlane books. i should note that 8 out of the 13 i submitted were already slabbed graded at 9.8. but i still selected press anyway in hopes (although super slim) that i MAY get one as a 10.0

When did yours get signed? Wonder if mine is on its way I sent via my lcs.

Also there’s a chance cracking the slab could mess up the book. Higher grade is almost always worth the price YMMV
Post 151 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@teacha777 October 5 - Also, I trust them to crack the slab mroe than I trust myself. they have immense experience doing so - whereas I have only crack 1 case open in my entire life and was sweating bullets the entire time.

i have another one i need to crack in january in prep for a convention im going to. its a $350 book so im a bit nervous already just thinking about it.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector Mmanick private msg quote post Address this user
My hulk 340 I sent in hasn't even been checked in yet and that arrived according to USPS and the tracking scan through cgc on the 7
Post 153 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmanick
My hulk 340 I sent in hasn't even been checked in yet and that arrived according to USPS and the tracking scan through cgc on the 7

You are not the only one. My submission was delivered to CGC on 10.31.22 and still not email confirmation.
I called and spoke with their customer service (imagine that!) and was told the signature series team is slammed with submissions and will get emails sent out when they can. She also took a moment to confirm, my submission was received. Sooooo, I suppose we have to be a bit more patient...
Post 154 IP   flag post
Collector Mmanick private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmanick

You are not the only one. My submission was delivered to CGC on 10.31.22 and still not email confirmation.
I called and spoke with their customer service (imagine that!) and was told the signature series team is slammed with submissions and will get emails sent out when they can. She also took a moment to confirm, my submission was received. Sooooo, I suppose we have to be a bit more patient...
thanks for the update. I wanted to call to make sure mine was okay as well. That's one thing I will give CGC. The customer service is light years ahead of cbcs
Post 155 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
My books for signing are still in queue. I thought his signing was done and over with a few weeks ago.

My oldest books are logged from 10/18/22
Post 156 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte same. No worries. We’re all in the same boat
Post 157 IP   flag post
Finally got the email that the submission was received on 11.28.22
So now we continue to wait for the signing to be finished, and everything gets graded.
Was hoping to have it back by Christmas, but will most likely drag on through January.
Only sent in one book, ASM #316. 1st full Venom cover appearance.
I opted for that one over either of my 2 copies of ASM #300 as the 316 is a 9.6-9.8 and the 300's are 8.0-9.0.
Post 158 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67

I had a 8.0 asm 300 I remember looking at the gpa and thinking the signature bump was financially worth it to me. May I ask why wasn't it to you?
Post 159 IP   flag post
@Bronte well, I was and still am on a very tight budget. I could only spend the 150.00 for one book.
I wanted to get the 316 & both 300's signed, but I had to choose only one, so I opted for the highest graded book.
We all know that the higher the grade, the higher the return.
Post 160 IP   flag post
Ok. Budget wise I get. I destroyed my Budget many times over with this signing. I'm hoping I can recoup some of it soon. But honestly it might take a while given the sheer glut of books that will be out after he finishes signing.
Post 161 IP   flag post
@Bronte Mine is going into the retirement vault. Another 10-12 years and it should have appreciated nicely.
Post 162 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Ok. Budget wise I get. I destroyed my Budget many times over with this signing. I'm hoping I can recoup some of it soon. But honestly it might take a while given the sheer glut of books that will be out after he finishes signing.

Probably better to wait after the volume sellers blow their load. The last mcfarlane signing Spawn 1 9.8 signed were going for <$200 about a year later I sold one of mine for $460. Witnessed Mcfarlane signatures will always sell.
Post 163 IP   flag post
@teacha777

Wow that's a huge chunk for that book. I didn't think they sold for that much...

I did buy one book strictly for his signature. A spawn 185 I think, headless variant. It's a lower grade copy but I'm praying the press will help.
Post 164 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
According to CGC in my Facebook feed he is signing the books now.
Post 165 IP   flag post
@drchaos

Thank you for update
Post 166 IP   flag post
@drchaos CGC updates their facebook like that? That’s cool.
Post 167 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

Post 168 IP   flag post
How cool is this!? (Sorry I’m fanboying… )

https://fb.watch/hfxnALSTuL/
Post 169 IP   flag post
The guy is an artist, personally I gave him free reign on where he wants to sign on my books. I wonder if he complied with where the window was cut?
Post 170 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

Just joined their fb and YouTube pages. Lots of cool videos.

(Already a member of cbcs fb. Love their page too!
Post 171 IP   flag post
I just saw in Instagram he is inserting signed cards randomly in books as he is going along. I guess the 5 different submissions might be if benefit after all. Lol
Post 172 IP   flag post
@Bronte interesting... how the heck would you know if you got the signed card if the book is slabbed?? unless they are placing the card on the outside of the slab for you to see (back side?) lol
Post 173 IP   flag post
Collector Skcatch private msg quote post Address this user
@multi007 no one will know until they get their book/s back. I doubt they'll put the card in the slab, they'll probably send it separately like how they return COA's
Post 174 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Itll be cool if they grade the card as well. At NYCC they were handing out samples of graded cards
Post 175 IP   flag post
I doubt they will grade the cards as they are just freebies. And since they will be signed, cbcs is the only option and I dintvknow if they do cards. Might need to do it on the Beckett side
Post 176 IP   flag post
Well, Here's hoping one of us at least get one!
Post 177 IP   flag post
Wish this was my book
=(

Post 178 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
That will go for some pretty $$$$ when all is said and done; regardless of grade.
Post 179 IP   flag post
4 more McFarlane books just got shipped to me.
Post 180 IP   flag post
598086 336 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?