Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 im curious - which books are you sending in for hemsworth?
Post 76 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
“use your supervision eyes to see Stan Lee”.

Brilliant!

Very cool!!!

"supervision eyes" is redundant though....I don't think one can use their supervision ears. 😄
Post 77 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Would anyone think sending in a Venom book would be a good idea considering the minor debate over McFarlane being part of venoms creation process?

clickable text
Post 78 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Would anyone think sending in a Venom book would be a good idea considering the minor debate over McFarlane being part of venoms creation process?

clickable text

Didn't know there as a debate!! I would say Venom would e fair game...I would go for a cover Todd did though myself...
Post 79 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@multi007

I didn't realize there was a debate. In my view I always thought mcfarlane was part of the primary draw of venom. (No pun intended)

I decided to send in my copy of Spider-man 300 given the gpa numbers for signed vs just slabbed. I think it makes financial sense even though I abhor signatures on covers personally.

My question is do we need to do window bags if they are pressing the books?
Post 80 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@multi007

I didn't realize there was a debate. In my view I always thought mcfarlane was part of the primary draw of venom. (No pun intended)

I decided to send in my copy of Spider-man 300 given the gpa numbers for signed vs just slabbed. I think it makes financial sense even though I abhor signatures on covers personally.

I would think yes?? otherwise they will try to charge you for adding the window bag themselves - even if it's not needed they won't know right off - they will just hand him a pile of books to sign and then any for pressing will go down that route

Gonna leave my 300 and other Todd books unscathed for now....maybe in the future?
Post 81 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Personally, I abhor signatures on covers as well.
Even worse these horrific remarques where they whiteout part of the cover and re-draw a head remarque.
I cringe when I've witnessed that.
Post 82 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I sent cgc an email asking them. One of the reasons is my book is already graded. If they are cracking it out, then it's impossible for me to put it in a window bag. Do I just send a window bag in the box along for the ride?
Post 83 IP   flag post
@multi007 Either of these 2. I'm trying to see which is more of a 9.8 candidate. Afterall, that's all the people want these days. I'm ready to oblige

Post 84 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111

That's crazy. I would have just used a different color pen?
Post 85 IP   flag post
Quote:
I sent cgc an email asking them. One of the reasons is my book is already graded. If they are cracking it out, then it's impossible for me to put it in a window bag. Do I just send a window bag in the box along for the ride?

Hmmm..they will crack it out for free....e-mail is the best bet

I would guess they would crack and then charge for the bag (cause they seem like that type of place)....
Post 86 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@multi007

Yes. They will most likely press after the signature.
Post 87 IP   flag post
@Bronte I haven't mentioned it on here (I think I forgot); but I was at Terrificon in Connecticut in July - pretty big show.

Some guy right in front of me (in a CGC shirt) in the Al Milgrom line had 2.... yes 2.... gorgeous, VF/NM copies of Werewolf by Night 32. I mean they were just unreal condition and was marveling at them since he was right in front of me.

When he approached Al Milgrom they talked ... and talked a bit more. I watched Al Milgrom take out a white paint pen (maybe whiteout) and proceed to put the whiteout on the covers on BOTH copies of these gorgeous gorgeous copies for an eventual head remarque of Moon Knight when it dried. My heart dropped. The several guys in back of me saw it and cringed and were in utter shock (as was I).

I don't know what is going on in this industry and I tend to understand collecting habits even if I don't agree with many. But this was appalling to watch these two high grade specimens be completely defaced and tiny head sketched by Al Milgrom.
Post 88 IP   flag post
@Bronte Quote:

During the last CGC Todd signing I had them crack a cgc yellow label. I provided a window bag with the slab. I overlaid the bag on the slab drew the area I wanted plus a little tolerance, and cut out the window.
Post 89 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 I LOVE Remarques. Sorry 😃
Post 90 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Nuffsaid111 I LOVE Remarques. Sorry 😃

Oh I do too... but with whiteout on the cover of a $5k - $7K book?
I mean go for the facsimile... no?
Post 91 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
Quote:
@multi007

Actually they press before signature. I sent a book in for the Paul dini signing and it went straight to ccs. I think Byrdibyrd said she found they press BEFORE signing too. Which to me is nuts but I guess if uou have to play the game.....
Post 92 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@multi007

Actually they press before signature. I sent a book in for the Paul dini signing and it went straight to ccs. I think Byrdibyrd said she found they press BEFORE signing too. Which to me is nuts but I guess if uou have to play the game.....

whaaaaa???? that is 100% nuts!!
Post 93 IP   flag post
Collector Track17 private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know if he'll be signing Todd McFarlane or T. McFarlane? All the CGC press shows Todd McFarlane but I don't know how he chooses between the two.

Multiple CGC books signed on 1/14/2020 say Todd McFarlane
Multiple CGC books signed on 1/15/2020 say T. McFarlane

For $145 (sig/press/label) I'd prefer the full signature.
Post 94 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
I was watching this thread hoping I’d see a post or a new thread start about the Frank Miller signing that Miller was doing at a Con. A remarked, signed Miller CGG slabbed book was about $350.00. It was a steal compared to what remarked books go for anywhere else.
Post 95 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@multi007

whaaaaa???? that is 100% nuts!!

I second this. Why press prior to a signing where damage could be done.
Post 96 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 yea i agree 100%. NEVER EVER destroy a book just to do a remark.
Post 97 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Track17
Does anyone know if he'll be signing Todd McFarlane or T. McFarlane? All the CGC press shows Todd McFarlane but I don't know how he chooses between the two.

Multiple CGC books signed on 1/14/2020 say Todd McFarlane
Multiple CGC books signed on 1/15/2020 say T. McFarlane

For $145 (sig/press/label) I'd prefer the full signature.

probably a crap shoot - all depends what he feels like signing on whatever day your book(s) end up on his desk
Post 98 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I decided to send in my copy of Spider-man 300 given the gpa numbers for signed vs just slabbed. I think it makes financial sense

I have two raw copies of 300, and I agree that the signed copies bring a substantial premium vs. blue labels. I have plenty other McFarlane books, but the 300 is the one with the highest ROI.
Post 99 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
I look on in bemusement. Plenty of room for everyone’s interests however.
Not my sort of scrum, but fun to shadow.
Post 100 IP   flag post
Collector bythegram private msg quote post Address this user
I think I’ve convinced myself to save my money and send in a handful of books (including a McFarlane signed one or two), to CBCS verification. I’ve been putting it off but might as well just get the lot in.
Post 101 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
IMO, Chris Hemsworth is a terrible portrayal of Thor.

He doesn't have the chiseled features, he doesn't have the accent, and he looks like it's been years since he last bathed.

Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector KMiracleman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
I was watching this thread hoping I’d see a post or a new thread start about the Frank Miller signing that Miller was doing at a Con. A remarked, signed Miller CGG slabbed book was about $350.00. It was a steal compared to what remarked books go for anywhere else.

IMHO - having seen a ton of Frank Miller "signatures"...hard pass. He's one of those creators who just doesn't seem to give a toss about legibility or being creative; his "signature" is just a scribbled line. I wouldn't pay a penny for his signature, and I'll bet his remarques are rushed (and lame) as well. Same thing with Garth Ennis and Alan Davis. I'm not making any comment about their artistic talents (they're professionals, I'm not...'nuff said), just giving my two cents. Yes, Todd charges a high premium, but at least you can READ HIS SIGNATURE and there's a certain "aesthetic" to his signature that's pleasing to the eye. Fun fact: I attended NYCC during the last year of Jammin' Gene Colan's life, and even he, with partial blindness and a host of other physical ailments, took the time to give this fan a legible signature that I cherish to this day.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMiracleman
Quote:

IMHO - having seen a ton of Frank Miller "signatures"...hard pass. He's one of those creators who just doesn't seem to give a toss about legibility or being creative; his "signature" is just a scribbled line. I wouldn't pay a penny for his signature, and I'll bet his remarques are rushed (and lame) as well. Same thing with Garth Ennis and Alan Davis. I'm not making any comment about their artistic talents (they're professionals, I'm not...'nuff said), just giving my two cents. Yes, Todd charges a high premium, but at least you can READ HIS SIGNATURE and there's a certain "aesthetic" to his signature that's pleasing to the eye. Fun fact: I attended NYCC during the last year of Jammin' Gene Colan's life, and even he, with partial blindness and a host of other physical ailments, took the time to give this fan a legible signature that I cherish to this day.

What doesn’t work for you works for others. That’s what is great about the hobby. 🍻

Post 104 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMiracleman
Quote:

I fully understand your point. However as a long term holder of comics, for me, I see the future value of the artist.
Post 105 IP   flag post
600771 336 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?