Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Are there any books you think will not be sent for signing or very low numbers sent?

We all know Spider-Man 1, ASM 300, Spawn 1 will be sent in hordes. What about Incredible Hulk 330 (first cover on a major series), Walking Dead 100 variant, or Invasion #2 (interior art I believe)
Post 51 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Are there any books you think will not be sent for signing or very low numbers sent?

We all know Spider-Man 1, ASM 300, Spawn 1 will be sent in hordes. What about Incredible Hulk 330 (first cover on a major series), Walking Dead 100 variant, or Invasion #2 (interior art I believe)

Coyote #11 - first work in comics (interior) #13 for first cover work

These used to be dollar bin books but also impossible to find...still not super expensive but the web has made them easier to track down.

Not sure how many would be sent in, just over 150 of the 500 graded are signed for #11..only 19 of the 81 are signed for #13...todays collectors maybe don't care about first comic work or other milestones?? seems to be all about covers and 1st appearances of obscure characters who will show on screen for a few minutes and never again..maybe I'm a dying type of collector (figuratively and literally!)

If you want low print run early issues then Infinity Inc and All Star Squadron have some decent early interiors and covers - much of that other stuff will be sent in hordes as you say!
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

Yeah...wait for possible in person or send in to CBCS my other books for verification...but no time soon because I still think the CBCS signature pricing was created by someone with...issues.....

My preference as well. I like sigs because I get to meet the creators. Certain creators, however, are rather difficult to meet. McFarlane is one of them (for me, though others may be in areas he frequents more regularly). The price also seems relatively reasonable for the whole process. Anyone know what he tends to charge for sigs in-person right now? I was under the impression it was quite pricey.

He does not do in person "graded" signings. He does do free signings (no cgc, cbcs, etc) at the major cons he goes to. I tend to pick up a few of his signatures every year at NYCC. Except last year when it was NYCC Lite.
Post 53 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Got my books ready.

Post 54 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I think I'm opting for Hemsworth through our very own CBCS instead of McFarlane.
I've got a bunch from him at NYCC that were later VSPed and $120 is a bunch.
The free sigs at NYCC along with the $25 is a bargain that I'll try to continue to use.
Post 55 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
One color breaking tick on spawn mocca but given tbe scarcity I'm going to go ahead and have it signed.

Post 56 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
spawn mocca but given tbe scarcity I'm going to go ahead and have it signed

Great choice!
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
I've got several items I want to send. Thinking about sending in a couple extra Spawn 1 that I hoarded at initial printing. Then use those to get my money back. I have a lot of signatures but his is one of the big ones that I'm missing that I've always wanted.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Haven't been to NYCC since 2007. Thanks for info.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
How many Daredevil 241’s has McFarlane signed? It was his first interior work for Marvel that he did.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
How many Daredevil 241’s has McFarlane signed? It was his first interior work for Marvel that he did.
who’s going to submit Spitfire & the Troubleshooters #4?
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater

I have one newsstand graded and signed and another signed sitting in a long box somewhere. I got it for the sole reason that not many people know he worked on that issue. It's the same reason I have a few copies of GI JOE 60 signed by him
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Yea, I saw the announcement the Toddfather spread across IG.

I'm going to go through now and find out what I want to send in. I think definitely Spider-Man #1, maybe 1 or 2 of the Scorched or King Spawn covers, I have a signed Spawn #1 already so I don't think I need another. Not sure what else I may want to grab, maybe Spawn #9 like I said earlier.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
A few weeks ago, (a month?) I mentioned seeing a Stan Lee Todd McFarland signed book. I couldn’t find it until now.

“use your supervision eyes to see Stan Lee”.

Brilliant!

clickable text

Post 64 IP   flag post
Should I get my 1997 McFarlane Toys catalog signed

Post 65 IP   flag post
@multi007 that’s fantastic
Post 66 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash Get it pressed if you do...
Post 67 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash I didn’t know they’d do those…. It’s a cool piece, so I would if you could.
Post 68 IP   flag post
2 Days ago I wrote that I was not sending anything in for McFarlane; in favor of Hemsworth.

Well... something just got released today that unfortunately forces me to find the funds for both Hemsworth AND McFarlane.
And it is this.
Ozzy and Todd comic? I don't think folks will be thinking this although now that I've posted it maybe they will.... I dunno

Post 69 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
just got back from cgc

Post 70 IP   flag post
Collector bythegram private msg quote post Address this user
Any idea if cgc would grade either of these?

Not high grade by any means but might be fun to have something a little out of the ordinary signed. Ideally I’d have the back of the sticker album signed as it presents better.

Post 71 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
2 Days ago I wrote that I was not sending anything in for McFarlane; in favor of Hemsworth.

Well... something just got released today that unfortunately forces me to find the funds for both Hemsworth AND McFarlane.
And it is this.
Ozzy and Todd comic? I don't think folks will be thinking this although now that I've posted it maybe they will.... I dunno

Did you get this with a CD or LP? Or is this available separately somewhere? I've got the CD and comic coming.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Did you get this with a CD or LP? Or is this available separately somewhere? I've got the CD and comic coming.

It came with the "Blue Smoke Vinyl" version of the LP.
There may be other iterations of the LP and/or CD that have the comic, but I'm not sure.
Post 73 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O Correction. Comic does come with the Blue Smoke Vinyl, but I just checked my pre-order invoice and it was this that came with the comic.

Side Note: Did I mention how confusing "Variants" are?
Post 74 IP   flag post
Just sent in my 1st set of McFarland books.

2x spawn #1 slabbed 9.8 grades
2x king spawn #1 slabbed 9.8 grades.

(i am praying to the Stan Lee gods the grade remains unaffected).
Post 75 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 im curious - which books are you sending in for hemsworth?
Post 76 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
“use your supervision eyes to see Stan Lee”.

Brilliant!

Very cool!!!

"supervision eyes" is redundant though....I don't think one can use their supervision ears. 😄
Post 77 IP   flag post
Would anyone think sending in a Venom book would be a good idea considering the minor debate over McFarlane being part of venoms creation process?

clickable text
Post 78 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
Would anyone think sending in a Venom book would be a good idea considering the minor debate over McFarlane being part of venoms creation process?

clickable text

Didn't know there as a debate!! I would say Venom would e fair game...I would go for a cover Todd did though myself...
Post 79 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@multi007

I didn't realize there was a debate. In my view I always thought mcfarlane was part of the primary draw of venom. (No pun intended)

I decided to send in my copy of Spider-man 300 given the gpa numbers for signed vs just slabbed. I think it makes financial sense even though I abhor signatures on covers personally.

My question is do we need to do window bags if they are pressing the books?
Post 80 IP   flag post
600635 336 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?