Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Short list of books he will not sign. This was from the prior signing not sure if this list has increased:

There is also an additional short list of books that Todd will not sign. These are listed below:

Venom #1 Color Variant Cover
Venomverse #1 B&W Variant
Venomverse #1 Color
Venom #6 Color Variant Edition
Spawn Retailer Thank You
Post 26 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash from what I’ve read and heard, he will only do CGC at the moment for witnessed sig, but he can’t control the verified sig, though.

As for the books for him to sign other than ASM 300: Spider-Man 1, asm 316, Spawn 300&301. Those are pretty epic. Imo
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
I've got that color cover also. That might be kind of cool to have him sign, for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skcatch

Post 28 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
That link is for a facilitator which means they are getting an extra vig over what CGC takes in.

I am hoping it will be possible to submit to CGC directly for a lower fee in the $130-150 range or lower.

At $179 per book most of the upside is gone.

unless you have a stan lee signed book, adding mcfarlane might be worth it?

like if you buy this stan lee book, send it in to cgc to add mcfarlane for $180... i think you might be able to get over $1400 ?? for it??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115460410337?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D240772%26meid%3D3653f19864134bd1b6a135d7afe25e2a%26pid%3D101112%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D24%26sd%3D403822487396%26itm%3D115460410337%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2563228%26algv%3DSimplAMLv9PairwiseWebMskuAspectsV1&_trksid=p2563228.c101112.m1982&amdata=cksum%3A1154604103373653f19864134bd1b6a135d7afe25e2a%7Cenc%3AAQAHAAABEB1%252BEDlO8Ujs16zToAiXABkdavKwlm0OjPGKJ8%252F6xnWO7sOkXaV921yEf1B3h33J4E05glnzssWKCDgluuLZpwDnp0soDDdVyUBu3LejR%252BSPmVHZyX1YsfFEFjHW9jqcmp5mzWofdK6FK8%252BKWiHdrE85fHVA8St2vmulQWiw%252BE4wyox9rxS2bBsCe6ZUE8zJs%252BYqHhTbfWPkMQeGnvg0NrdenSAkYwKTK1YXVZvIok6yc40zdWASOB8kVYxB%252BvQTxex2%252B18LQvFS78%252BK3pEER87C7HOkmHqnrHoqLWiZXvuOmEScwXX8zfGNhLf%252F%252BooWagOgUbpNVkN721La4Xq8HlJNBON12QjaO0v8B87nP9Mb%7Campid%3APL_CLK%7Cclp%3A2563228

clickable text
Post 29 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@multi007 Those Newton Rings add a special and unique aspect to this slabbed comic and signature. It's like rainbows all around Stan
Post 30 IP   flag post

No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
@multi007 Those Newton Rings add a special and unique aspect to this slabbed comic and signature. It's like rainbows all around Stan

Wow. That look awful. CGC obviously didn't do any quality control when they let that go out the door.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111

Wow. That look awful. CGC obviously didn't do any quality control when they let that go out the door.

true - which makes getting a new case even more important when getting mcfarlane's signature...
Post 32 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 those new ring slabs are going to be “rare variant” slabs on eBay ten years from now.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector KMiracleman private msg quote post Address this user
Just wanted to ask a stupid question: (before anyone asks, no I don't work for Classic Collectibles!!) but the Classic Collectibles signing does say that the price includes them prepping the book with a window bag, filling out all the CGC paperwork, and the return shipping cost to you from CGC...is that really a "waste of money"? I mean, if CGC does another signing in December, you have to fill out all the paperwork, do the window bag thing, and pay for return shipping to you from CGC, and you're not paying that much less...or am I wrong? It just seems like they're taking away a good amount of hassle for you; let me know if I'm wrong (but be kind...this forum has a tendency to jump down throats at a moment's notice). I would understand totally if McFarlane was offering remarques with the CGC signing, but he didn't last time and even if he did, I'd imagine it'd be hundreds of dollars for a McFarlane remarque.
Unless someone has a good reason(s) not to, I plan on sending in my Spider-Man #1 Platinum Edition for this..I doubt it's a 9.8, but it's definitely in the 9.4-9.6 range. I was actually pretty happy with the previous CGC signing...the books got shipped back in a much quicker time frame than I expected.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMiracleman
Just wanted to ask a stupid question: (before anyone asks, no I don't work for Classic Collectibles!!) but the Classic Collectibles signing does say that the price includes them prepping the book with a window bag, filling out all the CGC paperwork, and the return shipping cost to you from CGC...is that really a "waste of money"? I mean, if CGC does another signing in December, you have to fill out all the paperwork, do the window bag thing, and pay for return shipping to you from CGC, and you're not paying that much less...or am I wrong?

Probably just comes down to how much is the spread and what is the convenience worth to someone. A lot of times that is determined by experience level and quantity. People who have done it themselves a few times are going to be more inclined to save the money and do it themselves. Especially if they are sending a decent quantity of books. Someone doing a mail-in signing for the first time and sending just a book or two may do well to pay the premium to let the experts handle it for them.
Post 35 IP   flag post
@KMiracleman YouTube it. There should be a lot of videos on how to do it. I usually put two boards in the same bag for that extra protection and scotch tape is your enemy. I highly recommend using those huge sticky dots from Walmart on a non-resealable bag.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
One could always wait for the glut of books to hit the market and buy them at auction. I’d bet you’ll get some deals then.
Post 37 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
One could always wait for the glut of books to hit the market and buy them at auction. I’d bet you’ll get some deals then.

That did happen after the last signing.

Some books were going for way too cheap considering how difficult it is to get these signatures.

After a time the prices went back up to normal.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Books must be in to CGC by Nov 11th starting 9/6 for the next signing. Todd just blasted it across instagram
Post 39 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Would you send this in for the signing or not risk a grade drop?

Post 40 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

$120
Post 41 IP   flag post
Hi all. Can someone give me an explanation as to why there are so many variants of King Spawn #1? I see online there A- F or G?

Is one variant more valuable or more desired than the other? Thanks
Post 42 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
Hi all. Can someone give me an explanation as to why there are so many variants of King Spawn #1? I see online there A- F or G?

Is one variant more valuable or more desired than the other? Thanks

The reason is everyone wants to do covers for McFarlane books.
And no, A-G all have the same value. Only the ratios are worth more.

Post 43 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders

Personally I would risk it....

Post 44 IP   flag post
@Sigur_Ros thank you!
Post 45 IP   flag post
@flanders i plan on sending several of my spawn #1s and I have a few King Spawn #1 also i'll be sending in. All are already slabbed 9.8. So im hopeful they will take care removing them from the slabs. I figure, if anyone can remove them safer - they would be more experienced doing so...
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
Books must be in to CGC by Nov 11th starting 9/6 for the next signing. Todd just blasted it across instagram

Just got a CGC e-mail about it. Might be a reason to use them for the first time in 6 years (except for that Batman: damned I got signed...magazine size?)
$120 for sig/slab/special label? I might send in my three comics that came with his kickstarter action figures. Or a spawn #1? I do have some spidey books, but not THE spidey books (too rich for my blood for extremely common books, CGC alone has over 9,000 graded ASM 300s at 9.4 or higher). I have an Incredible Hulk #340 already signed by Peter David in a 9.6...Maybe that one?
Post 47 IP   flag post
@etapi65 if you can afford it and not stress out - try to pick up a stan lee SS spider-man #1 gold, and send that in to have McFarlane add his signature to the book.

Having both of those sigs on that one book is awesome.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes

Just got a CGC e-mail about it. Might be a reason to use them for the first time in 6 years (except for that Batman: damned I got signed...magazine size?)
$120 for sig/slab/special label? I might send in my three comics that came with his kickstarter action figures. Or a spawn #1? I do have some spidey books, but not THE spidey books (too rich for my blood for extremely common books, CGC alone has over 9,000 graded ASM 300s at 9.4 or higher). I have an Incredible Hulk #340 already signed by Peter David in a 9.6...Maybe that one?

Also got the CGC e-mail....I'm on the fence on a mail away signature...would prefer in person if I got another one at all.
As is I have a Green Spidery #1 with his web stamp on it, a True North legal fud raiser book with like a dozen sigs all on their pages they contributed, a Spawn hardcover signed/limited and the oversized Spawn signed/limited...not sure I can justify $120 per book - I could get what..2 or 3 books graded for the price of 1?
My ASM 300 9.4 stays clean as do my other ASM books and Spawn #1 9.8 news stand!!...if I did send one it would be 1 or both of the Coyote books?? (first published work was actually drawn by him after his first work?!) or maybe an early Infinity Inc cover or issue....probably nothing though

Yeah...wait for possible in person or send in to CBCS my other books for verification...but no time soon because I still think the CBCS signature pricing was created by someone with...issues.....
Post 49 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

Yeah...wait for possible in person or send in to CBCS my other books for verification...but no time soon because I still think the CBCS signature pricing was created by someone with...issues.....

My preference as well. I like sigs because I get to meet the creators. Certain creators, however, are rather difficult to meet. McFarlane is one of them (for me, though others may be in areas he frequents more regularly). The price also seems relatively reasonable for the whole process. Anyone know what he tends to charge for sigs in-person right now? I was under the impression it was quite pricey.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Are there any books you think will not be sent for signing or very low numbers sent?

We all know Spider-Man 1, ASM 300, Spawn 1 will be sent in hordes. What about Incredible Hulk 330 (first cover on a major series), Walking Dead 100 variant, or Invasion #2 (interior art I believe)
Post 51 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Are there any books you think will not be sent for signing or very low numbers sent?

We all know Spider-Man 1, ASM 300, Spawn 1 will be sent in hordes. What about Incredible Hulk 330 (first cover on a major series), Walking Dead 100 variant, or Invasion #2 (interior art I believe)

Coyote #11 - first work in comics (interior) #13 for first cover work

These used to be dollar bin books but also impossible to find...still not super expensive but the web has made them easier to track down.

Not sure how many would be sent in, just over 150 of the 500 graded are signed for #11..only 19 of the 81 are signed for #13...todays collectors maybe don't care about first comic work or other milestones?? seems to be all about covers and 1st appearances of obscure characters who will show on screen for a few minutes and never again..maybe I'm a dying type of collector (figuratively and literally!)

If you want low print run early issues then Infinity Inc and All Star Squadron have some decent early interiors and covers - much of that other stuff will be sent in hordes as you say!
Post 52 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

My preference as well. I like sigs because I get to meet the creators. Certain creators, however, are rather difficult to meet. McFarlane is one of them (for me, though others may be in areas he frequents more regularly). The price also seems relatively reasonable for the whole process. Anyone know what he tends to charge for sigs in-person right now? I was under the impression it was quite pricey.

He does not do in person "graded" signings. He does do free signings (no cgc, cbcs, etc) at the major cons he goes to. I tend to pick up a few of his signatures every year at NYCC. Except last year when it was NYCC Lite.
Post 53 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Got my books ready.

Post 54 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I think I'm opting for Hemsworth through our very own CBCS instead of McFarlane.
I've got a bunch from him at NYCC that were later VSPed and $120 is a bunch.
The free sigs at NYCC along with the $25 is a bargain that I'll try to continue to use.
Post 55 IP   flag post
601328 336 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?