Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
I keep seeing and hearing people talk about an upcoming McFarlane signing. But, aside from showing up at a signing at ComicCon a few weeks ago, I can't find any info on it.

Does anyone know if there's an official announcement somewhere, or did he just say he would be signing somewhere this year so everyone is just following up on that?
Post 1 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvipah
I keep seeing and hearing people talk about an upcoming McFarlane signing. But, aside from showing up at a signing at ComicCon a few weeks ago, I can't find any info on it.

Does anyone know if there's an official announcement somewhere, or did he just say he would be signing somewhere this year so everyone is just following up on that?

A little birdie told me he will be doing another cgc signing in September.
That same birdie was supposed to have been able to get a private signing (never happened)
So, I missed last years signing when it was 90.00.

No idea what he will charge this year. I have 2 copies of ASM 300, Spawn 1, Spider-Man 1 (silver) and an ASM 316 I would like to get signed. Let's see if that birdie was singing the right song or not.

If he is doing a September signing, there should a post listed on CGC sometime soon???
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector radd76 private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67 I would think Sept would already be announced- so I think birdie wrong
Post 3 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I can think of a birdie if like to give to that birdie. I kid I kid. They may announce the signing in September and not the actual signing in September. Last time was in January because he came down with pneumonia?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector gotham44 private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text 179.oo a book. Hope they would do a CBCS sigining as well
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like a giant waste of money if it's $179 per book.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
That link is for a facilitator which means they are getting an extra vig over what CGC takes in.

I am hoping it will be possible to submit to CGC directly for a lower fee in the $130-150 range or lower.

At $179 per book most of the upside is gone.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Played the lottery a few years ago when he had the oversized signed spawn with a few sketches thrown in....didnt get the sketch so now have the signed book...need to off load at some point
Post 8 IP   flag post
@JustThatGuy This might be the case. The birdie did say September or October now that I think about it.
The birdie speaks very fast. He has a condition
But I try to be patient while he chirps away...
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
He announced on IG that he plans to do a CGC signing in Decembee where he would fly down to their facility and sign books like he did a few years back.
Post 10 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Crap. I just sent some foil covers to be pressed. They might be ready for signing if mcfarlane does do December. It would be close......
Post 11 IP   flag post
What are the best books other than ASM 300 for Todd to sign?
Post 12 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Batman 423
I have 3 variants of it I want to get signed
Post 13 IP   flag post
Coyote # whatever...have only 1 myself
Post 14 IP   flag post
ASM 301, 316. IH 340.

I like getting the little known work he has done signed, like his GI Joe issue and the lone Daredevil issue he worked on.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I like ASM 318

Post 16 IP   flag post
Spawn #1.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Funny thing about spawn 1. He said he signed so many copies that it's probably more rare to have an unsigned copy than a signed copy at this point
Post 18 IP   flag post
I did want these signed as well....

Post 19 IP   flag post
Lol, that wouldn't surprise me at all.

Now that i know it is real, I might send in a Spawn #9 along with some Spider-Man or something. I love some of those early Spider-Man covers he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Funny thing about spawn 1. He said he signed so many copies that it's probably more rare to have an unsigned copy than a signed copy at this point
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Skcatch private msg quote post Address this user
Just started really collecting recently, so I don't have anything old but I would like to get these 3 books signed by McFarlane

Post 21 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I did want these signed as well....

I was actually an attendee at that MOCCA show way way back in the day.
I won a signed McFarlane Spawn MOCCA poster in a drawing.

Was given the option of the signed McFarlane Spawn MOCCA poster or something else by McFarlane that honestly escapes my memory. I think it was another Spawn MOCCA comic, but I just don't remember it was so damn long ago. Still have that poster though somewhere.
Post 22 IP   flag post

Maybe this one?
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Coyote # whatever...have only 1 myself

No love for his first comic work eh??

Infinity Inc for his first covers??
Post 24 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Would Todd ever do a CBCS signing? I don’t know his feelings toward CGC or CBCS specifically.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Short list of books he will not sign. This was from the prior signing not sure if this list has increased:

There is also an additional short list of books that Todd will not sign. These are listed below:

Venom #1 Color Variant Cover
Venomverse #1 B&W Variant
Venomverse #1 Color
Venom #6 Color Variant Edition
Spawn Retailer Thank You
Post 26 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash from what I’ve read and heard, he will only do CGC at the moment for witnessed sig, but he can’t control the verified sig, though.

As for the books for him to sign other than ASM 300: Spider-Man 1, asm 316, Spawn 300&301. Those are pretty epic. Imo
Post 27 IP   flag post
I've got that color cover also. That might be kind of cool to have him sign, for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skcatch

Post 28 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
That link is for a facilitator which means they are getting an extra vig over what CGC takes in.

I am hoping it will be possible to submit to CGC directly for a lower fee in the $130-150 range or lower.

At $179 per book most of the upside is gone.

unless you have a stan lee signed book, adding mcfarlane might be worth it?

like if you buy this stan lee book, send it in to cgc to add mcfarlane for $180... i think you might be able to get over $1400 ?? for it??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115460410337?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D240772%26meid%3D3653f19864134bd1b6a135d7afe25e2a%26pid%3D101112%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D24%26sd%3D403822487396%26itm%3D115460410337%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2563228%26algv%3DSimplAMLv9PairwiseWebMskuAspectsV1&_trksid=p2563228.c101112.m1982&amdata=cksum%3A1154604103373653f19864134bd1b6a135d7afe25e2a%7Cenc%3AAQAHAAABEB1%252BEDlO8Ujs16zToAiXABkdavKwlm0OjPGKJ8%252F6xnWO7sOkXaV921yEf1B3h33J4E05glnzssWKCDgluuLZpwDnp0soDDdVyUBu3LejR%252BSPmVHZyX1YsfFEFjHW9jqcmp5mzWofdK6FK8%252BKWiHdrE85fHVA8St2vmulQWiw%252BE4wyox9rxS2bBsCe6ZUE8zJs%252BYqHhTbfWPkMQeGnvg0NrdenSAkYwKTK1YXVZvIok6yc40zdWASOB8kVYxB%252BvQTxex2%252B18LQvFS78%252BK3pEER87C7HOkmHqnrHoqLWiZXvuOmEScwXX8zfGNhLf%252F%252BooWagOgUbpNVkN721La4Xq8HlJNBON12QjaO0v8B87nP9Mb%7Campid%3APL_CLK%7Cclp%3A2563228

clickable text
Post 29 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@multi007 Those Newton Rings add a special and unique aspect to this slabbed comic and signature. It's like rainbows all around Stan
Post 30 IP   flag post
601333 336 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?