CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS Official Announcement18175

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O
Nice to finally hear from Stephen.
Would be nice if he would chime in from time to time here in the forum.
Maybe he can post some of the new things coming to CBCS you mentioned a few weeks back.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
so...its a way to prevent fakers from taking a lets say 1st print of Ultmiate Fallout of its slab...and putting in a facsmile.

makes sense. I have a facsmile of Ultimate Fallout #4 which might get graded one day (if I can never get a 1st or 2nd printing)
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector radd76 private msg quote post Address this user
@power_struggle55

No he’s referring to the UF4 facsimile at C2E2- not switching out covers but adding a whole other cover (in this case an acetate cover that Black Flag did) and try to call it a whole other variant 😂
Post 4 IP   flag post
@WestStephen telling it like it is...
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Belarak private msg quote post Address this user
I just read this Go Collect article that makes me wonder if that message has something to do with the C2E2 fiasco. They talk about how CGC gave the books a blue label when it goes against their own policies. Of course they have an excuse. Interesting read if you're not aware of what happened.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belarak
I just read this Go Collect article that makes me wonder if that message has something to do with the C2E2 fiasco. They talk about how CGC gave the books a blue label when it goes against their own policies. Of course they have an excuse. Interesting read if you're not aware of what happened.

Great article.... CGC really knows how to F things up don't they...
Post 7 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Precisely how the book should be graded.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Praxis52 private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS Noob here! I'll have to admit that I like CBCS' explanation! CGC could learn something here instead of doubling down on Acetate Gate! Don't we tell everyone that it's ok to make mistakes and there's no shame in apologizing or admitting wrong doing?!

I was a huge fan of CGC, but my latest experience with them along with how they handled this has soured me on them as a company.

Looking forward to adding some more CBCS books to my collection!
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Praxis52 Welcome to the forum...
Post 10 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Praxis52
Welcome!! I have a number of CGC slabs, too, and I used to give them quite a lot of my business, but Acetate Gate has just made me more resolved to switch everything over to CBCS except for the occasional signing and any underground/adult books I want graded. I think CBCS has the superior product anyway, and for that I'll wait the extra time and hope that TATs get under control one of these days. Clearer, sturdier slabs with hardly any Newton rings! I'll do that! And now with an extra dose of integrity!
Post 11 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Praxis52 Welcome!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
I'm a little unclear on this. Is a "Facsimile" cover a fake cover?? I've seen auctions where they say this is a "Facsimile" cover. Does that mean the cover is fake and was added?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
I'm a little unclear on this. Is a "Facsimile" cover a fake cover?? I've seen auctions where they say this is a "Facsimile" cover. Does that mean the cover is fake and was added?

The last sentence on the announcement is the key. For CBCS, any cover that did not come produced with the book, is a facsimile.

Now, facsimile COMICS are basically reprints of a book in almost every detail and come from a reliable publisher (from their own company or one they acquired). Facsimile COVERS are JUST covers. Facsimile covers are more common in older books. Especially Golden or Silver Age comics. Typically someone has a coverless book and they either buy or create a cover that looks like the original to put on it.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector radd76 private msg quote post Address this user
@Rafel -they (Black Flag Comics) put a self made acetate cover over their UF4 facsimile covers that they couldn’t sell from over a year ago.

Those were sent in to CGC to see if they would get blue label which CGC granted and even graded some 9.9 and one 10.0!!!! Also CGC agave it a new “variant” name- Oh my. So this was all the “validation” BF needed- once they saw CGC would do blue label!

So it’s the UF4 facsimile cover comic inside with two original staples then they took this acetate and put two more staples slightly off from the other staples thru the spine- so two outer “new” staples outside and the two original staples on the facsimile cover just inside the outer acetate new cover- THEN marketed it as a “new” VARIANT with a 750 “print” run… when it’s really the 3000 quantity (estimated) original print run of a book no one was buying and they couldn’t move-

And this was not authorized by Marvel!-

And the plan is to sell Ghost Rider acetate cover “variants” at the upcoming Boston con soon lol. Gonna be interesting to say the least bahahahahahaha.

All this is code named ACETATE GATE.

Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
Married cover included since "CBCS considers any cover added post manufacturing as a facsimile cover, regardless of their origin"?
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by radd76
@Rafel -they (Black Flag Comics) put a self made acetate cover over their UF4 facsimile covers that they couldn’t sell from over a year ago.

Those were sent in to CGC to see if they would get blue label which CGC granted and even graded some 9.9 and one 10.0!!!! Also CGC agave it a new “variant” name- Oh my. So this was all the “validation” BF needed- once they saw CGC would do blue label!

So it’s the UF4 facsimile cover comic inside with two original staples then they took this acetate and put two more staples slightly off from the other staples thru the spine- so two outer “new” staples outside and the two original staples on the facsimile cover just inside the outer acetate new cover- THEN marketed it as a “new” VARIANT with a 750 “print” run… when it’s really the 3000 quantity (estimated) original print run of a book no one was buying and they couldn’t move-

And this was not authorized by Marvel!-

And the plan is to sell Ghost Rider acetate cover “variants” at the upcoming Boston con soon lol. Gonna be interesting to say the least bahahahahahaha.

All this is code named ACETATE GATE.

To be fair to CGC, that pic is photo shopped.

https://shop.collectiblesgroup.com/collections/cgc-products?sort_by=price-descending

But that said, CGC stepped in it this time, for sure.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I'm confused...CGC grades comics?? I thought it was all about cards, posters and video games now
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel

The last sentence on the announcement is the key. For CBCS, any cover that did not come produced with the book, is a facsimile.

Now, facsimile COMICS are basically reprints of a book in almost every detail and come from a reliable publisher (from their own company or one they acquired). Facsimile COVERS are JUST covers. Facsimile covers are more common in older books. Especially Golden or Silver Age comics. Typically someone has a coverless book and they either buy or create a cover that looks like the original to put on it.

Jesse,
Thank you very much. It's clearer now.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Radd76,
Thank you very much for this. It does help.
Post 20 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics at this point, CGC may even grade your( not your grandma but just generally) great great great great grandmother’s underwear if they deem there is money to be made from it.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@Praxis52 Welcome to thunder dome!!! I know how you feel, I did my time over there.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Praxis52 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
@Praxis52 Welcome to thunder dome!!! I know how you feel, I did my time over there.

LOL! Brother in arms!!
Post 23 IP   flag post
@Praxis52 yki!!! What did it for me was I sent in a hand full of books in January to cgc. I figured with the way they work over there I didn't have to pay for thei m right out of the Gate because I went through CCS.
It's now August and there hasn't been any movement over there from my orders. I can wait the same amount of time here and it makes no difference.
Post 24 IP   flag post
@JustThatGuy expanding into toys now;specially funko pops, this should go over good.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuaBrot
Married cover included since "CBCS considers any cover added post manufacturing as a facsimile cover, regardless of their origin"?

Technically, they may consider it a facsimile cover. Realistically, they will label it as "Married". Sorry, I meant to get back to you on this yesterday, but I wanted to find this picture first.

Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Belarak private msg quote post Address this user
CGC's latest duck and cover:

Link is here.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belarak
CGC's latest duck and cover:

translation:
" We know you will keep using us to flip your modern variants so STFU as this is how we do.

We hope you take this new opportunity to turn your overstock into new variants with help from established artists ( we only require you make sure you come to us first so we can talk target grades and price of our service BEFORE you make this variant known.) "
Post 28 IP   flag post
Oh boy......
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
You know, an apples oranges thing but relevant.

Right now, Rhino Records is 17 days behind a release date of a Grateful Dead digital download package. $100 for a set of 5 shows. Release day, the link to download the preordered purchase was broken. It is still broken.

No communication. No nothing. People in the forum are pissed. Rightfully. One or 2 days is one thing and we allow for human or tech error. 17 days is unacceptable.

So, they continue to complain. And frankly; snivel. Because what else can they do? Well? Cancel the order, for one. Work with the CC company and open a complaint. Talk with PayPal and get your money refunded and let them deal with Deadnet. Apparently for the majority, that is way too much effort and aggravation.

OR! Get on the FB page of the dude responsible and let him have it. Or his Twitter account. Let others know. And in the future, DON'T buy from an aggregator that has historically ALWAYS messed these things up. At LEAST don't preorder. Let someone else go 1st. Nah. Don't want to make waves and possibly kill the Golden Road Goose.

Finally, ONE link was offered as a fix. It is the wrong format and the same show five times, not 5 different dates. And on and on it goes.

Human nature dictates that even after this debacle, the links will eventually be fixed and the babies will get their bottles and simply be relieved they got what they paid for. Finally. Customers live under an illusion that they are important and will be accorded a modicum of respect because - after all - they DO pay the bills. THAT works in a perfect world which this is certainly not by a long shot.

And when the next big digital offer comes around, they will do exactly what they did this time. Preorder. Give their payment up front. Knowing that the downloads will likely be messed up, customer service/support will be invisible AGAIN which is the height of disrespect and the thing will happen all over again.

THAT is skin I have had in that game a couple times so I do not preorder digital anymore. Not from them. They are inept clowns and it's been 12 years since they began offering digital downloads. I fell into it twice, saw the ketchup on the wall and in 2013 said "Never ever again".

But it's tough when I see others blunder in their and try to offer insightful empathy and they get all "Hey, Ma-a-a-a-an" on me and tell me I'm wrong. Ok. Go fritt. Aw. Something happen? Something WRONG?

Outfits that can't get it together after 12 years with something any tech guy could do, the RUDIMENTS of FTP file sharing CREATED IN 1971, don't deserve a customer base. And yet they have what the customer wants and so the customer will grouse and snivel till something gives and then rinse and repeat next time.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600772 30 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?