Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCertified Comics For SaleFor Sale

Quick Poll18174

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
If you are bidding or outright purchasing a CBCS encased comic, are you likely to or actually even paying more for the newer SonicWeld encasement as opposed to the Clipped encasements with the latest style labels? Factor out the older labels with rivets and circular logos.
Post 1 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
No, but all non-SonicWeld go for reholder.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I don't even think about it and the only thing I'd reholder are the rivet labels unless the comic is for my personal collection and it's in a box.

If it's a cool enough cover that I want to display it, the old cases are fine but the rivet label has got to go.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Josh7945 private msg quote post Address this user
Not at all. I’m more interested in the book.
Post 4 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
The new cases are like a vault! Can't pass up that simple upgrade...
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Belarak private msg quote post Address this user
Personally I would pay more for the new modern case. They're much cleaner and stronger. They're also thinner. I bought some custom metal frames fro the new cases and I have an old Spawn in the old case that won't fit. It does fit in the frames I bought for the thicker CGC cases. Funny how they're cases are thicker but not as strong. :-)
Post 6 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
For outright purchases the new CBCS case is absolutely a selling point. I will pay reasonably more for the new slab vs. CGC or older CBCS cases. I do buy the book and not the label but the CBCS slabs are so much better than everything else out there that it is definitely a selling feature.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t care about the holder or label, so long as it’s CBCS.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Honestly, I just buy comic books. One case is the same as another for me. Same with labels for the most part.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm bidding on the comic, so not as much concerned about the case. That being said, if I bought an older CBCS case, I would do a reholder just because I love the new case. Personally, despite the god awful TATs, the quality and consistency of grading along with their case is why I stick with CBCS.
Post 10 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator There are many collectors that have no idea of the superiority of the newest CBCS slab as we here do. Thus the majority of buyers, are only concerned about 2 things, grade & price.

Myself, I rarely buy slabbed books, I prefer to find them raw and grade them myself.
And although I have many of the older CBCS slabs, I know they were graded more accurately at CBCS, therefore the slab doesn't carry any downside for me.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Only care about book/grade. Not considering the case as long as it’s not damaged
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't realize how drastically better the new CBCS cases were until I recently bought my first CGC slabbed book (it was a good price). I want to send this one to CBCS now just to get it in the better case. The comic freely moves around inside the CGC case so it could get damaged alot easier. Plus the CGC case just feels flimsier/cheaper. The old CBCS clip cases are about the same. The only one of those I had I made sure to send it in for a signing partially for the Sig and partially for the re-casing.

I always try to buy newer CBCS cases now so it does influence which ones I buy, but I wouldn't pay more extra over a lower priced clip style than it costs to re-holder it.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I buy comics not slabs.

But no. I wouldn’t pay more for either based solely on the slab type.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
I might pay a little more for a newer slab because it's an upgrade. If someone is charging more than it would cost me to just get an older slab re-holdered, then heck, NO.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Considering a slabbed book is just going to be sitting in a box on a shelf after I buy it, what difference does it make how the slab it made. I'm not a sucker that'll pay more for an equivalent graded slab just because it's "sonic welded". I'm buying the book for what it is, not how it's sealed.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks all. I am pretty much in line with most. I have no problem buying any CBCS encased comic. I have never been burned with an obvious overgrade. But, if it is one in one of the clip encasements with old label, i do/will send in for re-holder. Thing is, if i had lets say 10 comics displayed, i want uniformity in the label just the same as I am not a fan of the character labels or green or purple for that matter. But the last generation label in the clip encasements are close enough for me not to send in for reholder.
Post 17 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
If it’s a newer case, then great. If it’s an older case, then great. I am ok with either one. I care for the book. However, I do appreciate CBCS is constantly trying to make the case better and more secure.
Post 18 IP   flag post
600892 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?