Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New York Comicon - 10 months and nothing18171

Collector JKfighter private msg quote post Address this user
Handed my comics over on Oct.8th at the NYCC - and not even moved passed processing. Emailed in zmay, was told by August and still in processing.

Has anyone gotten their books back in less than a year?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Rinova private msg quote post Address this user
My books were received in June 2021 and they were all shipped out this week. Should receive them next week. My order was normal, no express services or anything like that. Hope this helps.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
How fast your books move depends on what tier you sent them in and whether or not they are being pressed. Check website TATs and keep in mind that they moved to a new facility and during that move everything was put on hold for a few days.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Skcatch private msg quote post Address this user
They've had my books since early September and I'm still waiting(no press,just grade). When you check your order number do you click the print invoice tab? Mine says processing also, but when I click the invoice tab it says "heat seal"
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Times are horrible at CBCS atm. Put in an order in December 2021 and nothing has moved. Sent in a modern to cgc in may and it was back before 2 month period.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfighter
Handed my comics over on Oct.8th at the NYCC - and not even moved passed processing. Emailed in zmay, was told by August and still in processing.

I have gotten all of my books from August of last year with one exception. One of my invoices included books that had been misplaced and processed about 45 days after the others. Those books are now in the grading room.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Belarak private msg quote post Address this user
I sent 9 books for signature verification and grading in August 2021. The website said received Sept 6th. They just sent them to me yesterday.

@SpiderTim I'm glad you got your CGC submission back that fast. I personally won't use them anymore. I feel their cases are inferior and I hate newton rings. I just received my last order from them last week. I wanted my Last Ronin #1 Albedo homage signed and Remarqued. It came to me cracked with horrible small dots all over the cover and back. Their customer support said they're newton rings. I now have to box it back up, hope it doesn't get damaged anymore and wait for it to come back. I sent it to them in January. I waited over 6 months to get it back. Now I have to wait longer. I was told that they will give it priority equivalent to Express (10 working days).

I'll pay less, wait longer and get a superior product from CBCS!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belarak
It came to me cracked with horrible small dots all over the cover and back.

Dude! I had to send back over one half of a submission back to CGC with little spots all over the capsules - some on both front and back - and it looked like water spots only you can't get them off. Is that what was on your book? They are NOT Newton rings! I don't know what they are, but I have two more books I'll be sending back due to those little dots. They look terrible!
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd Yes They look like water spots on the inside of the case. When their customer service said newton rings I didn't agree but, she did say, they won't be there when I get it back. Hopefully that's true. She told when the case was cracked, air got into the case and that's what caused them. I have seen newton rings, these didn't look like them.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
I dropped mine off at baltimore on October 23rd, wasn't received until january, and still in processing. No press, normal modern tier grading. Oh well..
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Belarak
That sounds like what I have on some of my cases - maybe even as much as half. They are clearly NOT Newton rings! Newton rings are obvious with the rainbow colours and looking like there's a possible oily contaminant inside. I've worked in manufacturing before, and these spots look like what happens when you use too much cleaning agent to clean off components and it leaves little droplets behind. I don't know if they have a procedure like that, but that's what the spots remind me of.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I have books as well from NYCC in the queue. (Oct 21).

In that 10 month period I've seen "received" as the one and only status that still exists today (no press; no vsp, modern std)
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector JKfighter private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks everyone, great replies and info - my books went the cheapo way, never again, will fast track everything in the future.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfighter

You've probably got couple more months to go. I thought I'd never go back to CGC, but I've gotten 2 orders back from them with very reasonable TATs while still waiting for September, December and Feb orders from CBCS to move. I think I'm pretty much done here.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
I’m in the same boat hoping it makes it before Xmas
Post 15 IP   flag post
While I'm not at all happy with certain things happening at cgc, I have to agree. I'm not going to wait a year+ to get books back when I can get them back within a few months for basically the same price.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
I have books as well from NYCC in the queue. (Oct 21).

In that 10 month period I've seen "received" as the one and only status that still exists today (no press; no vsp, modern std)

they are not even graded from last year october ?

this is utter nonsense
Post 17 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastsk8
While I'm not at all happy with certain things happening at cgc, I have to agree. I'm not going to wait a year+ to get books back when I can get them back within a few months for basically the same price.

i agree

to each his own but how can anyone be happy with a company that is taking a year to grade orders that are paid for for that long in a recession.

it is a lack of service
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980
they are not even graded from last year october ?

That's a big nope
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

to each his own but how can anyone be happy with a company that is taking a year to grade orders that are paid for for that long in a recession.

The bolded word negates how this sentence begins. You can't believe "to each their own" and then indicate that anyone who doesn't believe as you do is wrong.

The product you're paying for is an accurate grade on a comic sealed in a protective case. My experience has been CBCS has a better case. CBCS has more accurate grading. If it takes me longer to get a superior product for which I'm actually paying, then I'm OK with that. Multiple people across this forum have repeatedly told you the same thing. If you're still incapable of understanding this position (whether you agree with it or not) by continuing to repeat yourself, that's just willful ignorance.

Quote:

Right, we all have preferences for whose BS to put up with based on how/why we collect. You're unhappy with CGC's integrity/product, but you at least get it back fast; completely valid position. This is particularly true for people who are looking to sell.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@etapi65 I'm not really looking to sell, more so I downsized some of my collection through trades and got keys that I'll be getting signed this October and witnessed for grading.

I do like cbcs cases, and if it was a matter of a couple more months than the competitor, I'd go for it. But at this point it's looking more like a year+ or 2-3 months. And with price changes and cgcs membership credit incentive where they gave a credit of 150 for buying the 100 membership...it just makes sense. Cbcs isn't really even cheaper anymore.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I find myself constantly considering which of the two is a better option because both are kinda awful for a myriad of reasons right now.
I am not choosing between which is better & provides better value for two well run machines.

That is a real unfortunate place to be as a customer.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:

The bolded word negates how this sentence begins. You can't believe "to each their own" and then indicate that anyone who doesn't believe as you do is wrong.

The product you're paying for is an accurate grade on a comic sealed in a protective case. My experience has been CBCS has a better case. CBCS has more accurate grading. If it takes me longer to get a superior product for which I'm actually paying, then I'm OK with that. Multiple people across this forum have repeatedly told you the same thing. If you're still incapable of understanding this position (whether you agree with it or not) by continuing to repeat yourself, that's just willful ignorance.

Quote:

Right, we all have preferences for whose BS to put up with based on how/why we collect. You're unhappy with CGC's integrity/product, but you at least get it back fast; completely valid position. This is particularly true for people who are looking to sell.

listen i get your stance on cbcs.
and whether you believe this or not grading is subjective.
so to even say who grades better is a mute point.
i am not being ignorance
i am just replying back like you always do and funny you never see me troll your remarks

all i am saying is on a monthly basis and weekly basis i am shocked how the NEEDLE HAS NOT MOVED in a direction that has reduced the TATS for cbcs.

so you can yell and scream which is fine to me
but explain this to me how is it possible that cgc updates there turn around times and cbcs never moves the needle once.
always the same exact days
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
@etapi65 I'm not really looking to sell, more so I downsized some of my collection through trades and got keys that I'll be getting signed this October and witnessed for grading.

I do like cbcs cases, and if it was a matter of a couple more months than the competitor, I'd go for it. But at this point it's looking more like a year+ or 2-3 months. And with price changes and cgcs membership credit incentive where they gave a credit of 150 for buying the 100 membership...it just makes sense. Cbcs isn't really even cheaper anymore.

exactly

this is a business . i dont care what anyone says in this forums its all a business.

less people would complain to cbcs if membership was free and not paid for.
people would not complain if they updated there site on a accurate basis

i dont have a problem with cbcs turn around times
if they want to get paid for orders then they should charge us when the order is done not right away and we all wait over a year to get it back hopefully
Post 24 IP   flag post
when people send in over 100 comics and well over 2 thousand dollars and cant get a comic back in a timely fashion and they pay a membership fee

memo to all the trolls

they have every damn right to complain

let me know if your air condioner breaks and the guy says i will fix it in 2 months go sweat

see how fast you complain

and then try not paying the bill
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

and explain to me how cbcs grades betetr than cgc ?

its all subjective

and if this was the case then why does cgc comics get a higher dollar value.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

and to you they have a better case
which is fine i like the cbcs case also

not trying to argue but i would just like to see more information and updates on the cbcs sites into what is going on. we dont see the needle or anything moving.
but yet i saw them at terrific con with a empty booth.
why do a comic show if you cant handle the work flow that is already into the place.
Post 27 IP   flag post
i would love to send in another 100 comics into cbcs over cgc

but i cant because of the non moving inside of cbcs
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
less people would complain to cbcs if membership was free and not paid for.

Since when is CBCS require you to pay for a membership? I paid for the membership over a year ago because we got two 2-day and 3 fast pass along with a 10% discount. They don't offer that anymore so I let my PAID subscription lapse. I don't have to pay anything to submit books. If it was economically feasible to pay for the 10% discount I would, but I don't submit enough books for it to pay for itself.

Look I get you don't like the turn around times. Either pay for the GUARANTEED TAT or send them to CGC.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I'm not happy with TATs either, but each company has issues to overcome and it's a matter of what's important to the customer when choosing which service to use. I'll deal with rubbish TATs in return for a superior product (better case, more consistent grading). Plus, CGC has made a blatant display of a lack of integrity (Acetate Gate) and I'm not going to reward them for that by giving them my business and my money. Would I like better TATs? I would love that! However, that's not more important to me than accurately graded comics encapsulated in the best case available.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600780 49 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?