Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSPSignatures

Signature Verification Process18152

Collector Fishingiron private msg quote post Address this user
At which stage in the grading process will i know if a signature/s have been verified? Do i need to wait until the comic has a grade etc.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Did you choose to have the book encapsulated even if verification fails? Verification happens before the book goes into grading so at some point before grading the invoice on your account will update to show verification has failed.

If the signature fails and you chose not to encapsulate if the signature fails then the book would not go to grading.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I did ask for it not to be encapsulated even if it fails but it appears to show me that it's going to be encapsulated even if it fails now. Currently it's in grading so unclear right now what's happening 😅
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector consumetheliving private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishingiron
At which stage in the grading process will i know if a signature/s have been verified? Do i need to wait until the comic has a grade etc.

CBCS will verify the sig first before grading. From there they will either send the book back to you or, if you selected the option, they will grade it even if the sig failed.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I guess wait then as its not telling me if its been verified or not yet but its at grading 🤔
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Just a guess, but if you asked for it to not be encapsulated if it fails, but it's going in for grading now, it probably passed.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector consumetheliving private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvipah
Just a guess, but if you asked for it to not be encapsulated if it fails, but it's going in for grading now, it probably passed.

No, I had one fail recently and it said the same thing. The next day I had tracking in my inbox. Did you pay for expedited grading?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Well, that's not good. Unless, even if it fails, it just has to go through the grading room to confirm it won't actually be encapsulated.

Weird, but I guess not totally over the top.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector circuitryusa private msg quote post Address this user
Can anyone answer what about pressing included in the whole process?
If VSP fails, and "do not encapsulate if VSP fails" was checked, but the order also included pressing, does it still go to pressing if VSP fails?

That is one thing I cannot get any answer on... I've asked CS a couple times.
One CS rep suggested VSP is first, before pressing... but they never finished the answer to my question and ignored my response back for more clarity here...
So, now that my books are in pressing, what can I assume about any of the VSP status?
The dashboard tells me nothing unfortunately...

I would hate to wait 2 years for a press on a book that has a no-verify on VSP and is subsequently not encapsulated... kinda pointless for that press and wait...
Thoughts?

Thanks!
Post 9 IP   flag post
I had asked for it not to be encapsulated but the submission says to encapsulated even if it fails but thats another story really. I'm hoping it's all verified then I've not got to deal with that being wrong. And to answer the other question yes it was submitted as vintage express
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Whammykablam private msg quote post Address this user
I've not had any fail, yet, so just wait until the invoice says Grading and you'll know.
Post 11 IP   flag post
600884 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?